+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

TechyVishal

Dec 22, 2019
I was really expecting AL today. flights prices are increasing like rocket. more delay in AL will add the cost day by day. should we call NDVO for AL status?
I don't think so that calling NDVO will be of any help since our expired COPR being processed by CPC Ottawa. Anyway, in worst to worst case scenario we will get the AL by last week of January. As far as flight prices are concerned, so I'm taking a true step of faith and booking a ticket for 2nd week of February.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
So does that mean spouse with an expired Copr can come to canada to reunite with immidiate family member permanently and doesn’t need to wait for AL? The only catch being our country of origin should not have any exit control or if airline allows right? Or you meant spouse can travel on TRV to meet immediate family? @Canaspirant xyz @crackMBA @nayaskumar can you provide input?
I have absolutely no idea regarding this matter.Sorry buddy!

Reactions: lnmora

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
I don't think so that calling NDVO will be of any help since our expired COPR being processed by CPC Ottawa. Anyway, in worst to worst case scenario we will get the AL by last week of January. As far as flight prices are concerned, so I'm taking a true step of faith and booking a ticket for 2nd week of February.
as far as I know about AirCanada changes are totally free these days. You can book aircanada flight and keep changing until you receive the AL.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi guys, for ArriveCan app what should I check when it asks for the type of Exempt travel? The options are 1)cross border services, 2)essential services 3)medical support services 4)trade or transport
Exempt Travel ->No

and then select None of Above if you are not the one mentioned there and proceed furthur

VPar

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Guys,

My application was updated yesterday and today I got my AL also. Below is my time:

VO: NDVO
CoPR expired: April 2020
4 Pointer mail: Oct 2020
Re-med request: 5 Nov 2020
I completed my medicals on Nov 7 but they were never updated. The new counterfoil details are valid will Nov 2021.

Today morning I received the AL with validity up to March 9, 2021.

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Congratulations, I have received the AL but it's bit different than you.

You must carry a copy of this letter along with your passport as proof of your
authorization to travel to Canada.

At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils. For your travel
to Canada, you will need to:
 bring this letter; <-----I don't have words " along with your original CoPR and PR visa" similer to your letter. May be because I was never passport submission request letter to get my passport stamp.
 show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that
your COPR and PR visa are valid; and, <-- this line is also bit different than yours
 use this letter before 2021/09/15

also, can you please advise when was your GC key got update. I am unable to login into mycic account since I received the AL. I am getting bad gateway error.

Hi guys when youll got your AL were all the travellers detailsincluded in it? Primary applicant and the dependent details? or are there separate ALs for each dependent as well?

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
We
Were you asked to do remeds?
Did you receive 4 or 7 pointer email.
I'm on the same boat as you, but i didn't receive any 4 or 7 pointer email nor the remeds request.

hey guys I too just got an update on my IRCC account todaay that i just checked .They have updated my COPR counterfoil details only till Feb 27th, 2020. I too didnt receive any 4pt/ 7pt email, no remed request, no regret mail , nothing just the generic replies to 4 RTT webforms that i sent in Aug-Sept-Oct-Nov. When will we receive our ALs?? Such a short period of extension they have provided.

Reactions: tusa47

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
So does that mean spouse with an expired Copr can come to canada to reunite with immidiate family member permanently and doesn’t need to wait for AL? The only catch being our country of origin should not have any exit control or if airline allows right? Or you meant spouse can travel on TRV to meet immediate family? @Canaspirant xyz @crackMBA @nayaskumar can you provide input?
I would also like to have some info on it. My spouse is stuck in India with expired COPR.

Last edited:

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
was jus wondering that some AC flights from Mumbai are via Frankfurt and the first leg is operated by Lufthansa. But lufthansa doesnt allow ppl with AL and expired COPR right? also wil transit thru Frankfurt be a problem for AL and expired COPR holders?
Not sure buddy. Rules are different now after COVID, before it was allowed to travel. I am a PR and I called KLM to confirm if PR holder can travel. They refused me. This was in Nov mid.

Reactions: Craigcaeiro

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
+1(888) 242-2100

You cannot call to the above number using Indian Number,,,,you need to get a Canadian number using some apps like TextNow with Ontario area codes preferably!!!

Its hard to get Numbers with Canadian area codes,,,,be persistent and keep trying!!!
I do not think you need Ontario area code. You can get any other area code also.

Reactions: Penumetcha