VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
No problem. Thanks for the info.

About the email (7pt - 'Are you able to travel'), do you think I should be attaching supporting docs in my reslonse or just answer the questions asked?
I am not an expert but I would suggest to answer the questions briefly without any long explanations.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I am not sure about this. May be it is a re-med request. I am tagging few people they may be able to help.
@13nitinsharma @legalfalcon @whyCorona @WantToImmigrate @Canaspirant xyz, Guys please help him if you have any idea about this.

Thank you

I have not received AL nor know anyone personally who has. So, there is no surety ways listed below would make a difference.

You could try adding more information such as stores where u can obtain grocery and a specific area where u could consider taking an AirBnb, also listing your favourite ones. You could send this information via the webform the the email address.

Pre covid, one could re appeal a VO's decision but as far as I know that was when a VO declined an application

Reactions: crackMBA

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
IRCC will contact you and ask you specifically if you can travel or not. They are also in the process of creating a portal for the same, instead of getting multiple Emils and webforms for the same request.
Hi @legalfalcon I've been trying to reunite with my spouse who is in Canada and haven't been contacted even once. Nothing other than generic responses to any of my webform since COPR expiry in May. Anything I can do?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Any time!!! Happy for you!!!

BTW
This is what I DMed to few other people whom I thought are on the same boat,,,,

" Did anyone tried calling IRCC call center for Status Update?

Coz, I did and I was shocked when I heard that there is a note placed by Case Officer on 15-Dec-2020 which says AL issued on the same date when my new counterfoil details got updated and my current status changed to Approved. However, not received at my end.

I would highly recommend you guys to send out a Webform and try calling IRCC customer care center because the call center executive can send an alert message via our account to the responsible office mentioning AL is not received. "

Hope this helps!!!
What is the best way to connect. I tried many time but could not.
At what time did you call and what options did you select to connect to an agent?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thats great to know. I'll check out his posts. Thanks.

Another question I had in mind is if I land in Toronto and board a domestic flight to Calgary, would it be against quarantine policy and cause any objection?
Nope, this is the only way to fly to Calgary if there is no direct flight to Calgary. You will not be allowed to leave the Toronto airport till the time you board the Calgary flight.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi @13nitinsharma , need you advise. I received AL yesterday by email. My AL letter mentions new COPR number but there is no update in GC key in mycic account. is it possible I will face any problem if I want to travel without having in mycic account?
or it gonna be updated soon?

Also, a big thank to you for helping people with your great knowledge.
Congratulations on receiving your AL finally. You can't travel till the time new COPR details are updated in your CIC account. Details will be updated soon anytime from 24 hours to 1 week timeframe, so don't worry.

There are couple of cases in the past who noticed the similar kind of scenarios, and they also tried to travel only with the AL document. They were denied to board the flight as their details were not updated in the system. Later, waited for new COPR details in CIC account, and were able to travel successfully.

So, you can say, AL and COPR details in the CIC account, go hand in hand. Hope this helps.

Compos Sui

Aug 11, 2020
Does anyone know if quarantine should be done at our final destination or it can be done at the POE?!

My POE will be Toronto and my final destination is Winnipeg. I intend to quarantine in Toronto and after those 14 days do a road trip to Winnipeg. Is it feasible?!