+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

ctlm_

Jan 7, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon @13nitinsharma and others,

I got Travel AL today.
I applied for AL under extended family members category (CoPR post 18th March). My mother is in canada as Canadian PR and hence i am extended family member being a non-dependent adult child.
When i applied for AL, i mentioned details for me, my wife and my son. But in the Authorization letter, i starts with details about application number, my UCI, my passport number and authorization status approved. No mention of my wife and my son in the approval email.

Are they also approved as part of same AL? any information on that?
Though my PPR letter also had information about my UCI and application number only so not sure if AL also applies to all 3 travellers like PPR letter.

Please anyone's inputs will be highly appreciated.

Best regards
Hello! Did you apply via email or via webform?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the reply @legalfalcon
Do you think it is a hassle free route if being primary applicant, i travel first and my wife and son can join a month later and being my immediate family members they will not need AL?
The rules and regulations are new and there are no clear answers. However, once the PR is given, there is no way it can be withdrawn unless you violate the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

My application is of 2019, but due to birth of newborn and addition which happened in March 2020 I have got my ppr and then copr only in dec 2020. However, my and my husbands copr is valid till may 2021 as we have got the grace automatic I extension of 6 months. But for my son the copr is valid only till march 2021 as I guess his medicals are yet to expire.

Considering that travel restrictions are in place and we see no sign of it being lifted, should I write to ircc for extension of copr for my son or wait for it to expire and then again wait for ircc to contact us.

Pls advice!
You can. But currently IRCC is not accepting any such requests and will contact you if your COPRs expire. Unless you have your definitive dates of travel planned, there is no point in contacting IRCC.

Lee1987

Jul 26, 2018
I gave remeds on 20th November and haven't heard after remedicals were updated on 26 th November..
Just feeling..
How unlucky it can be..
@Kavitaforpt
Your VO?
I submitted re-medicals on 24th November and received the generic acknowledgement of receipt on 15thDecember. VO is NDVO.
Nothing post that, No change in gc key.. I understand how it feels. Trust me it is coming soon.
@Canaspirant xyz Thanks for raising this question.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

KSAimmCan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
FSW
Bubble agreement is to allow flights b/w two countries with the fact that entry and exit rules still apply to it. If your VISA is exempted then you can travel.

PR VISA holders or PR card holders?

PR Card holders are accepted by any flight with a CoVID 19 PCR negative report taken within 72 hours of journey.

PR VISA holders issued prior to 18 March 2020 can travel (with a CoVID 19 PCR negative report taken within 72 hours of journey) provided their VISA is not expired.
Well in my case my CoPR was issued before 18-Mar-2020, and IRCC will hopefully issue an AL once I respond to their 7pt email. So that should put me in exempted category.

Do we know people here who travelled from India using expired CoPR, PRV and AL. Success stories would be helpful

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Well in my case my CoPR was issued before 18-Mar-2020, and IRCC will hopefully issue an AL once I respond to their 7pt email. So that should put me in exempted category.

Do we know people here who travelled from India using expired CoPR, PRV and AL. Success stories would be helpful
Yes lot of people have travelled and successfully landed with expired CoPR and PRV using AL. @Canada_Pr4u is one of them. If I tagged him correctly.

Sachubai

Mar 27, 2020
Can any1 please explain regarding the PCR test, it states that it has to be done/valid for 72 hours before travel. I want to ask should it be 72 hours from the flight that will take off for Canada or the first flight for the travel itinerary. I'm flying from Muscat to Doha and then Doha to Montreal and then Calgary.
Thanks
Hello when ur flying from Oman. I also planning to travel next week from Muscat with AL. I m little bit nervous about traveling, because in oman Emigration they are allowed to travel with exp copr +AL. If u hve any idea. Please let me know

amit123nik

Jan 15, 2019
Hi All

i just received this email from cpc-ctd-ottawa

the contents of the email are below

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada.

Specifically, you do not meet the requirements for issuance of an authorization letter, as described in the program delivery instructions on Approved permanent residence applications (with a COPR and PRV issued to clients outside of Canada). As part of the requirements you will have to demonstrate an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada including proof of funds and a plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services:

 While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.

 Canadian authorities do not provide you a place to quarantine when you arrive. You must make your own arrangements in advance.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.

You can find more information on travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Background:

I had received my COPR before 18 mar 20 and had expired in june 2020. since then have sent them about 4-5 webforms about ' ready to travel'. until now I have only received automated replies ( not even the 4 pts or 7 or 8 or any). I thought I will be patient and wait for them to reply.

my latest web form contained a plan to demonstrate my ability to be able to sustain and my future plans.

in my previous form, I had attached
1) Current bank statement
2) screenshots of availability of flights (Mumbai to Toronto) for the next whole month
3) screenshots of availably of an Airbnb for the entire whole month
4) I had even mentioned that I have an international credit card that would let me order groceries/medications online to my airbnb.

I thought I will proactively share my plans to help my application.

I am honestly worried as to what constitutes a "demonstrate an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada including proof of funds and a plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services "

Anyone here who has received an AL and shared a plan that worked, I will be extremely thankful for that. I am extremely worried as it has been so long ( am sure there are many who have been waiting) and there's no end to this.

eagerly waiting for some assistance.

thank you all
god bless

• Sad
Reactions: gtcan19