+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

hmansour

Jan 5, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon @13nitinsharma and others,

I got Travel AL today.
I applied for AL under extended family members category (CoPR post 18th March). My mother is in canada as Canadian PR and hence i am extended family member being a non-dependent adult child.
When i applied for AL, i mentioned details for me, my wife and my son. But in the Authorization letter, i starts with details about application number, my UCI, my passport number and authorization status approved. No mention of my wife and my son in the approval email.

Are they also approved as part of same AL? any information on that?
Though my PPR letter also had information about my UCI and application number only so not sure if AL also applies to all 3 travellers like PPR letter.

Please anyone's inputs will be highly appreciated.

Best regards
1st congratulation on the AL and I hope you got the answer you looking for . do you mind if I ask you two questions
1- is the process you followed to apply for AL is the 6 step process in the following link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html as i was thinking that this process for Visit Visa only , correct me if am wrong?
2- How long it takes to receive the AL?
Thanks in advance

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hey Guys,

I just got letter of Authorization. Did my re-meds on 15th dec. Original visa expired in May/20.
Can someone please confirm if this is it and I can finally travel to Canada and don't have to wait for anything else. GC key updated with new COPR.
Here is part of the mail I received.

You must carry a copy of this letter along with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

As your CoPR and PR visa expired on 2020/05/24, we have extended their validity until 2021/12/24

At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:

· bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa

· show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.

· use this letter before 2021/03/07

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hey Guys,

I just got letter of Authorization. Did my re-meds on 15th dec. Original visa expired in May/20.
Can someone please confirm if this is it and I can finally travel to Canada and don't have to wait for anything else. GC key updated with new COPR.
Here is part of the mail I received.

You must carry a copy of this letter along with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

As your CoPR and PR visa expired on 2020/05/24, we have extended their validity until 2021/12/24

At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:

· bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa

· show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.

· use this letter before 2021/03/07
Hey,

Congratulations!

You can book your tickets and carry the AL along with the documents mentioned in the email while you are boarding.

Just one question, Did you do the re-meds upfront or did you get a letter from IRCC to do re-meds?

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hello Guys,

One more question regarding covid test. Can you get it done at any good but non-ICMR approved lab or does it have to be ICMR lab?
Also is ArrivaCan app compulsory to have before flying.
I am looking to book a flight for next week.

Thank you

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello Guys,

One more question regarding covid test. Can you get it done at any good but non-ICMR approved lab or does it have to be ICMR lab?
Also is ArrivaCan app compulsory to have before flying.
I am looking to book a flight for next week.

Thank you
Better to get it from ICMR approved labs. There are some labs which are banned by some international flights. Make sure to do some research about the lab. Some labs are not doing PCR test instead going with Truenat for detecting CoVID 19. So you should avoid that too.

ArriveCan is a must and you have to daily use it even after landing for 14 days to mark your attendance and good health.

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Better to get it from ICMR approved labs. There are some labs which are banned by some international flights. Make sure to do some research about the lab. Some labs are not doing PCR test instead going with Truenat for detecting CoVID 19. So you should avoid that too.

ArriveCan is a must and you have to daily use it even after landing for 14 days to mark your attendance and good health.
Perfect, thanks man for all the help.

simwas

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Mine expired too on May 14th. But there is no change in my medical status after sending my remeds. How long will they usually take to update or perhaps send an appropriate response?
no idea dear.im still waiting for next update..my medicals got extended..i didnt do remeds.dont know when AL will come now..

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I just asked that question. Where can you do it in Gujarat? Anybody has any ideas?
Congratulations!Was ur medical updated as passed after you submitted ?Apollo wud be good for Covid test.Even Lal path and Divine labs are icmr approved.Where did u get medical done?Kd or Apollo?Whats ur VO?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi All

i just received this email from cpc-ctd-ottawa

the contents of the email are below

Background:

I had received my COPR before 18 mar 20 and had expired in june 2020. since then have sent them about 4-5 webforms about ' ready to travel'. until now I have only received automated replies ( not even the 4 pts or 7 or 8 or any). I thought I will be patient and wait for them to reply.

my latest web form contained a plan to demonstrate my ability to be able to sustain and my future plans.

in my previous form, I had attached
1) Current bank statement
2) screenshots of availability of flights (Mumbai to Toronto) for the next whole month
3) screenshots of availably of an Airbnb for the entire whole month
4) I had even mentioned that I have an international credit card that would let me order groceries/medications online to my airbnb.

I thought I will proactively share my plans to help my application.

I am honestly worried as to what constitutes a "demonstrate an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada including proof of funds and a plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services "

Anyone here who has received an AL and shared a plan that worked, I will be extremely thankful for that. I am extremely worried as it has been so long ( am sure there are many who have been waiting) and there's no end to this.

eagerly waiting for some assistance.

thank you all
god bless
Were you asked for remeds?