+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

meeram

Dec 2, 2020
@crackMBA when you did your re-medicals, did they generate a new UMI for you, or did they use the UMI that was generated for your original medical test ? In our case, they created a new set of UMI numbers, wondering if that could be a reason for delay in updating the results in our profile. We had done our re-medicals on Dec 7th and still waiting for update in profile. Thanks in advance.

Kiw_Lemon

Apr 2, 2020
You are quite positive person and these words are highly appreciated in these tough times when most ppl like me are really depressed and desperately waiting to land since an year.My file was approved in last Jan.I resigned from job on 26th Jan.That time we could never imagine that we would be sitting here till next Jan and perhaps more.So it was not easy to go through this long wait.
Hopefully we all get thru this by the end of January and by next month we all can land.. earnest prayers to God!
Same here.. I resigned when my file was approved on Jan too. I never expected to be sitting here for almost a year. My flight was booked two days after the lockdown. It was very emotionally draining the next months on what to do. It has been very difficult but we have waited so far and hoping that it's going to be only a few more days of waiting ...

Reactions: hypervariate123

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hi kdr91

Sorry to hear about your passport. Mine took about 2 months to arrive too. I know abbreviations here can be confusing. AL means Authorization Letter. Typically, people send an RTT (Ready to Travel) webform with key details such as quarantine plan, flight and accomodation reservation, etc., then IRCC meant to reply with an AL. Priority is given to those with previously expired COPRs. But this in itself can take weeks.

If you can reach IRCC agents, can you please ask if we can submit the webform and then travel without waiting for AL? Just merely updating them. I've tried ringing them, but can't due to my location.

Thanks.
Regarding traveling without AL... I would not recommend it. I think even the airline might kick you out from their plane without a proper AL. Check an app called TextNow and how to install it abroad

Krish_JK

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Part-2
Never heard about this procedure. IRCC started something virtual landing. May be a part of that.

Part-1
I have same case. I am in Canada and my wife is overseas(India) dependent. My application was approved in Jan 2020 and I was given an appointment to do my landing in IRCC office. On my signed COPR my wife was issued a COPR and Visa by Feb end. She was supposed to fly in May 2020 but could not because of the travel ban.
I am still confused why your procedure is different from mine. You could have landed in Canada.

To answer your questions:

a. Few people got PPR request after re med but not all. Even if you submit your passport and get a new visa, still you need an AL to travel. Few people only got AL after re med

b. I am not sure about the photograph but I submitted one during my landing to the officer. They take the photo for PR card from your gc account when you upload it(If I am not wrong). You will hear from IRCC how are you going to land on expired COPR.

c. I have the same case but spouse is not exempted. Anyone on expired VISA/COPR is not exempted unless from essential worker field. I landed first and she will land later. Not sure about travelling together.
See for (c), there is no definite answer you can land together or separate, however you want. Just be ready for the wait. There is no fixed timeline for anything now. IRCC never force you to land together. They want yo to do it so that you can avoid complications even during normal days.
Q: Never heard about this procedure. IRCC started something virtual landing. May be a part of that.
A: I was talking with my friend yesterday and he shown his letter from IRCC for photograph to get PR card. The letter stated the CoPR document number. His ITA and AOR are post lockdown i.e. is May 2020 and he is in Canada applied through CEC express entry

Q: I am still confused why your procedure is different from mine. You could have landed in Canada.
A: I received approval just a week before March 18th, so I did not have the required documents to land. IRCC held on to my passport for two months and sent back with out PRV and CoPR, mentioned that my PR application is still open and I will receive an update once my spouse is able to come. Rest is normal, I have been sending them that my souse is ready to come.

Q: IRCC never force you to land together
A: I believe the same, but with all the circus which is happening the world I do not want to make unnecessary somersaults. ;)

Even for IRCC, it is hard to keep track of all these issues faced by people from different countries with this kind of volatility in policy making over travel. Hope everything cools down soon for all

Have a great day,
Krishna

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
@crackMBA when you did your re-medicals, did they generate a new UMI for you, or did they use the UMI that was generated for your original medical test ? In our case, they created a new set of UMI numbers, wondering if that could be a reason for delay in updating the results in our profile. We had done our re-medicals on Dec 7th and still waiting for update in profile. Thanks in advance.
In my case they generared new numbers but asked for old umi no also to send the reports to them.But mine also not updated till now.My hosp sent them reports on 28Dec.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Same here.. I resigned when my file was approved on Jan too. I never expected to be sitting here for almost a year. My flight was booked two days after the lockdown. It was very emotionally draining the next months on what to do. It has been very difficult but we have waited so far and hoping that it's going to be only a few more days of waiting ...
The uncertainity in what to do next - do we get jobs in our home country or wait to settle in Canada.. all these are so difficult to answer.

Reactions: Kiw_Lemon