+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Hello,

Brief info;
- My CoPR was expired in May, 2020.
- Last week, I received an e-mail that states my medical exam's extended duration will expire on March 30th, 2021.

I plan to travel to Canada in March to finalize the express entry process; I do not wish to postpone this any longer.
My plan is to travel to Toronto by air. After landing I wish to finalize the procedures in airport and provide an address for PR card.

Can I finalize this process in the airport, after landing?
What is asked during landing and what I need to provide during this process? Link to any post that summarizes the info required during landing would be much appreciated.

After that I plan to spend the next two weeks in quarantine in AirBnb.
After landing you will need to confirm that you can quarantine for the required duration and provide an address for your PR card to be delivered. You may also be asked for your Proof of Funds, and how you plan to support yourself.

Make sure you have the ArriveCAN app and are using that to report your information.

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hi , can you please tell how much time slot ircc gave you for remedical. What i mean is do you have to redo it within 30 days or is it lesser this time ?
Please answer, it will be helpful for me.
There didn't say anything in the email but I think you should get it done asap

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hello,

Brief info;
- My CoPR was expired in May, 2020.
- Last week, I received an e-mail that states my medical exam's extended duration will expire on March 30th, 2021.

I plan to travel to Canada in March to finalize the express entry process; I do not wish to postpone this any longer.
My plan is to travel to Toronto by air. After landing I wish to finalize the procedures in airport and provide an address for PR card.

Can I finalize this process in the airport, after landing?
What is asked during landing and what I need to provide during this process? Link to any post that summarizes the info required during landing would be much appreciated.

After that I plan to spend the next two weeks in quarantine in AirBnb.
You would need an address of a place where you can quarantine, and how would you get food and all for the 2 week period.

Do you plan to move to Canada permanently / come back after quarantine?

Disguised_Engineer

Feb 16, 2017
You would need an address of a place where you can quarantine, and how would you get food and all for the 2 week period.

Do you plan to move to Canada permanently / come back after quarantine?
Thank you!

If I can find a job in three months, I will definitely move permanently.
If not, I haven't decided yet. It is difficult to make plans in post-covid world.

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Congratulations to all those who got their ALs and PPRs! Looks like NDVO is finally coming through for all the expired PRV holders.

My visa expired on 5th August 2020. I had received the 4-pt email on 29th Sep'20 and replied to them on 4th Oct'20. But still haven't heard back with next steps. Anyone else from the 4-pt group of 29-sep still waiting for a response?
Me . Copr expired 7 July replied to 4 pt reply on 19 sep still nothing irrc says file is at ndvo and there is nothing you can do to expedite

Disguised_Engineer

Feb 16, 2017
After landing you will need to confirm that you can quarantine for the required duration and provide an address for your PR card to be delivered. You may also be asked for your Proof of Funds, and how you plan to support yourself.

Make sure you have the ArriveCAN app and are using that to report your information.
Thank you!
I will make sure to take a proof of funds with me.

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
For people who have received COPR extension and Authorization letter over email. How much was the gap between when profile was updated and AL was received? My profile shows as updated with new counterfoil number, but haven't received anything yet.

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
For people who have received COPR extension and Authorization letter over email. How much was the gap between when profile was updated and AL was received? My profile shows as updated with new counterfoil number, but haven't received anything yet.
Same situation,,,,,@13nitinsharma need your insight on this!

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
If you have seen your counterfoil details updated today, your AL will be issued within next 24 hours.

If you're from an applicant from India, AL will be triggered during anytime between 12.40 AM to 3.00 AM.