+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SameeraR

Dec 8, 2020
Hey Sameera,
Did you receive AL? I am still waiting for it. My counterfoil details were updated on 12the December and I should have got the AL in next 24 hours.
Hi Rahul,
Likewise. Still haven’t received the AL. Is this the same case with others who responded to the “ready to travel” email?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I am a similar case to yours, but again slightly different.

My wife and I applied separately for PR and got approved - she was able to travel as her COPR was valid (from US) but mine expired when I was in India, taking a break. Now we have sent multiple webforms requesting asssitance for family reunification, but nothing from them.
My wife has also reached out to a lawyer but even they have said nothing can be done till IRCC replies (after spending hundreds of $$)
Yup kind off similar. Lawyers are very expensive over here and they minting money at this point of time as they are aware of the situation of the people.
Thanks for this. I know IRCC has screwed up big time and not following its own policies. People stranded from immediate families are ready to travel next day but I do not understand why IRCC is neglecting them.

Last edited:

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Are you primary applicant and travelled first to Canada recently? What if in their records you are good as you have landed? Not sure how they are finding the applications for Expired CoPRs with family reunification and prioritizing them. What if they are looking for primary applicants with expired CoPRs and not their dependents?
I do not know what they are doing but I am Primary Applicant(Inland) and my wife is Overseas Dependent(Outland). So in this case Inland Applicant has to land first and on PA signed COPR overseas dependent is issued a COPR/Visa. That is the procedure.
Primary Applicant must land first because he is Inland Applicant.
So they have literally messed up with the application and I have sent numerous web forms with full explanation.

Last edited:

RedDevil_07

Oct 7, 2019
Hello everyone,

Can somebody please help - Has anyone recently travelled with Air Canada from Mumbai to Toronto?

I am getting Air India as connecting flight from Mumbai to Delhi and from there on till toronto is Air Canada.

Can anyone please confirm if a layover of 1.5 hrs at Delhi would be sufficient? Also, where would immigration related check happen, Mumbai or at Delhi?

Please help!

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Yup kind off similar. Lawyers are very expensive over here and they minting money at this point of time as they are aware of the situation of the people.
Thanks for this. I know IRCC has screwed up big time and not following its own policies. People stranded from immediate families are ready to travel next day but I do not understand why IRCC is neglecting them.
Ya but believe me we were ready to spend money after this horrible wait! Even if the lawyer said x amount of money and I'll be able to get you an update, I am happy to oblige. But even they can't do anything and that's the most frustrating part.
The govt also keeps saying that they're prioritizing reunification, but no dice.
My wife also had a COVID scare after being exposed at a grocery store - it's horrible not being able to do anything. Idk why they don't understand this!

simnay2303

Aug 27, 2020
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Passport Req..
07/11/2020
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2020
I was issued COPR on 26 Nov 2020, valid till 06 Feb 2020. I can't travel right now.
If I get a job offer for essential skills, do I still need AL or I can travel without any restrictions.
Please help! I don't want to expire my visa seeing how everyone with expired COPR are struggling :(

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Ya but believe me we were ready to spend money after this horrible wait! Even if the lawyer said x amount of money and I'll be able to get you an update, I am happy to oblige. But even they can't do anything and that's the most frustrating part.
The govt also keeps saying that they're prioritizing reunification, but no dice.
My wife also had a COVID scare after being exposed at a grocery store - it's horrible not being able to do anything. Idk why they don't understand this!
I have the same frustration. Why govt is saying about family reunification and neglecting them since the start? Small children/couples separated must have been prioritized after saying so much in every meeting.
I do not know about every case like us but I have not seen any one even getting a re-med request in all the groups/forums that I am part of.

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
I was issued COPR on 26 Nov 2020, valid till 06 Feb 2020. I can't travel right now.
If I get a job offer for essential skills, do I still need AL or I can travel without any restrictions.
Please help! I don't want to expire my visa seeing how everyone with expired COPR are struggling :(
As per the information we have received you don't need the only a letter from the employer.

simnay2303

Aug 27, 2020
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Passport Req..
07/11/2020
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2020
As per the information we have received you don't need the only a letter from the employer.
Thank you for your reply.
Does it matter if I have previous experience with a different NOC code than my job offer?

Kay Cee

Apr 20, 2020
Hi, I'm relatively new here and am in dire need of advice.

Firstly, congratulations to the applicants who have received their extensions. May you have a great journey ahead!

It is extremely difficult for me to go through the 800+ pages on this forum, so please allow me to briefly write my case here:

I'm from New Delhi, and I received my COPR before March 18 - which expired on May 3. I have not received any 4-pointer email since, nor have I received any responses (except generic ones) to my emails or to my two 'Ready to Travel' forms (they were sent without supporting documents, in all fairness). My last RTT form was sent in the last week of September.

From what I gather, I can try my luck by sending certain documents (proof of funds/address in Canada where I will be staying/quarantine plan/travel itinerary) along with another RTT form - HOWEVER, it is and has been, virtually impossible to secure a job in Canada while being in India (I am not from an essential category, therefore my skills aren't particularly important from a hiring perspective), just as it is likely to be hard to get a rental agreement.

In case there is any advice or important update that I have missed, I'd be really thankful to you all.

My best regards.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi, I'm relatively new here and am in dire need of advice.

Firstly, congratulations to the applicants who have received their extensions. May you have a great journey ahead!

It is extremely difficult for me to go through the 800+ pages on this forum, so please allow me to briefly write my case here:

I'm from New Delhi, and I received my COPR before March 18 - which expired on May 3. I have not received any 4-pointer email since, nor have I received any responses (except generic ones) to my emails or to my two 'Ready to Travel' forms (they were sent without supporting documents, in all fairness). My last RTT form was sent in the last week of September.

From what I gather, I can try my luck by sending certain documents (proof of funds/address in Canada where I will be staying/quarantine plan/travel itinerary) along with another RTT form - HOWEVER, it is and has been, virtually impossible to secure a job in Canada while being in India (I am not from an essential category, therefore my skills aren't particularly important from a hiring perspective), just as it is likely to be hard to get a rental agreement.

In case there is any advice or important update that I have missed, I'd be really thankful to you all.

My best regards.
Give your plans regarding your employment, proposed address to stay, online bank statement of last 6 months as a POF and proposed travel plan. Make sure to propose a solid quarantine plan with arrangement of essential items. You don't need to book anything until you are confirmed to travel. Also keep in mind that you might need to redo the medicals when your application is accessed by review officer with all the relevant info of your willingness to travel and settle in Canada.

Reactions: Kay Cee

Kay Cee

Apr 20, 2020
Give your plans regarding your employment, proposed address to stay, online bank statement of last 6 months as a POF and proposed travel plan. Make sure to propose a solid quarantine plan with arrangement of essential items. You don't need to book anything until you are confirmed to travel. Also keep in mind that you might need to redo the medicals when your application is accessed by review officer with all the relevant info of your willingness to travel and settle in Canada.
Thank you so much for your prompt response. It truly means a lot.