+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

VPar

Aug 19, 2018
VO- NDVO

Guys, MY CoPR was expired on April 24 and I received re-medical request on 5th Nov and completed the same on 7th Nov at Max, New Delhi.
Since then nothing has been updated in my profile though I got the acknowledgment mail that they have received the documents provided by me and few ghost updates too.

Is anyone in a similar situation?

Please help! What should I do now?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
VO- NDVO

Guys, MY CoPR was expired on April 24 and I received re-medical request on 5th Nov and completed the same on 7th Nov at Max, New Delhi.
Since then nothing has been updated in my profile though I got the acknowledgment mail that they have received the documents provided by me and few ghost updates too.

Hey could you share experience of your medicals at Max delhi?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
VO- NDVO

Send a followup webform!

akshaykkp

Apr 29, 2020
But why we are receiving a new counterfoil status on GC Key account with the new details, since AL has already been issued?
@whyCorona The reason I am asking is that I received my AL on the mail itself and there is no detail of the new counterfoil details there. But in the official GC Key account they have updated the new counterfoil details that are now valid. I couldn't understand the sync between them, since those details would only be on the official account and not on AL.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
But why we are receiving a new counterfoil status on GC Key account with the new details, since AL has already been issued?
AL is for travel only with your old CoPR and new CoPR is issued online for immigration purpose. At airport they gonna check both AL from you and your newly issued CoPR online. Make sure to have both AL hard copy and new CoPR details updated on your GC key before travelling.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
@whyCorona The reason I am asking is that I received my AL on the mail itself and there is no detail of the new counterfoil details there. But in the official GC Key account they have updated the new counterfoil details that are now valid. I couldn't understand the sync between them, since those details would only be on the official account and not on AL.
You are good. What is the validity of your AL? Why you have not packed your luggage yet? Hurry up and make sure to print your AL and screenshot of your GC key page mentioning your new CoPR details. Best of luck!

akshaykkp

Apr 29, 2020
AL is for travel only with your old CoPR and new CoPR is issued online for immigration purpose. At airport they gonna check both AL from you and your newly issued CoPR online. Make sure to have both AL hard copy and new CoPR details updated on your GC key before travelling.
Ok, thank you for the info @whyCorona .... It's time to make a move to Canada next month. Cheers!!!

Reactions: Copernicus

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
I am an inland principal applicant(Now PR) and my wife is outland dependent. I got the PR in Feb as directed by IRCC. On my PR my wife got the COPR valid till June 7. She was supposed to fly in May but could not because of travel ban.
So, our file is same but we both have different statuses now.
So I do not know what is happening.
No med request. No 4pt email.
Sent multiple RTT forms with all the stuff that are asked in 4pt email but no movement at all.

That is why now I am doubting on their policy of prioritizing "family reunification". As I have not seen anyone from family reunification(close/immediate family) getting an AL. Even in articles and posts I read about immediate family members stranded in different countries.
I am a similar case to yours, but again slightly different.

My wife and I applied separately for PR and got approved - she was able to travel as her COPR was valid (from US) but mine expired when I was in India, taking a break. Now we have sent multiple webforms requesting asssitance for family reunification, but nothing from them.
My wife has also reached out to a lawyer but even they have said nothing can be done till IRCC replies (after spending hundreds of $$)

• Sad
Reactions: crackMBA

Rahul@01

Dec 9, 2020
That's great news! Congratulations !
My GCKey also just got updated today with the new counter foil (13th Dec). Haven't received the AL or PPR. Hope it's gonna be an AL considering the time taken and hassle for two way courier and all. Will keep you all posted!
Hey Sameera,
Did you receive AL? I am still waiting for it. My counterfoil details were updated on 12the December and I should have got the AL in next 24 hours.