+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
I direct your attention towards - "Applicants with expired COPRs can travel to Canada from the US for non-discretionary reasons to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident"

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
Transiting may not be allowed..as described below:

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
@13nitinsharma I received another ghost update today. All the stages such as eligibility, background check and final decision has been changed to reviewing, processing and in progress respectively like it was before PPR. There is no change in medicals passed date. After logging back in, current status has changed to Submitted.
You are all set for receiving PPR email.

Reactions: wick_sran

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
I believe yes , only thing is you should be essential skills.
Guessed it. Also trying the family thingy. But as suggested i am not keen to get started with another visa application (visit).
Do they exempt copr holders to travel based on this? Or still have to apply visit visa and then get exemption?

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
I got first update on medical on 9th of nov 2020 after one year of our medicals and status changed from "you passed medical exam" to" you don't need a medical and we will send you a message if it changes" and
Now on 8th of December it changed to "December 8,2020 you passed the medical exam."
AOR OCTOBER 5,2019.
FSW-O INDIA
VO OTTAWA
DOES THIS IMPLY THAT THERE ARE CHANCES OF PPR ISSUANCE IN NEAR FUTURE ? or just a routine update??

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Hi, I got PPR in October. What happens if the return label from FedEx that I have sent expires? I have sent my passports towards the end of October to Ottawa, but there is no update yet. The return label expires end of December. What should I do if it gets late than that? Will they ask for another return label? Will it delay the process again? Or will I be able to extend it?
FedEx doesn't have an expiry for return labels.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Do we get a confirmation once webform is submitted. If yes then how long does it take to get a confirmation of receival

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
TODAY'S UPDATE: NDVO APPLICANTS

Everyone, today was a great day for expired COPR applicants whose files are re-processed at NDVO.

More than 30+ applicants confirmed that after submitting re-medicals their applications have been moved from "Approved" to "Submitted" status today.

NDVO is actively working on the COPR expired cases who have submitted re-medicals recently.

Another important note - Please don't pay much attention to review of your new medicals date in your GC Key account. NDVO is least interested to update new medicals date, however they're updating all these details on the backend. A very few % of applicants confirmed that their new medicals are updated in their account too (I have seen only 2 so far).

Chances of receiving PPR email tomorrow: Applicants who submitted their re-medicals last month and when their application went back to "Submitted" status, majority of applicants got PPR on Nov 07 and Nov 21 (Both times, Saturday). This means, you can expect a PPR email if your application is in "submitted" status and you have submitted re-medicals to NDVO.

I wish good luck to everyone who're waiting for PPR email tomorrow, may your wait gets over tomorrow!

As I say always, IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL YOU WIN! :)