+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
I understand you want to your wife to travel to Canada.. have you considered applying visitor visa for her?

She is eligible to apply for it as she has not landed with a copr.. once she becomes inland then they may consider confirming her copr online
can we even do that? Even if they have prv?

nayaskumar

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
Just got Ghost Update as account updated, but no update in my cic acount ;-(
Note- View my signature for detailed timelines

Reactions: wick_sran

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi anyone having experience with raising webforms to new delhi visa office?

When do you get an automated reply after raising the webform?

The email comes on the registered email address or the entered email address in the webform field?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
can we even do that? Even if they have prv?
Disclaimer: Follow my opinion at your own risk.

As per my understanding, a COPR holder is a PR only and only when they have landed and a CBSA officer has signed on their COPR document.

As per my understanding, individuals excluding PRs and citizens can apply for visitor visa.

As per my understanding of above, it can be done.

It'll cost about 200 CAD. Risk it and let us know :)

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
Hi ,for me they sent remeds almost near the grace medical expiry..not sure if it qas just a coincidence
Ya in my case, grace medical expiry is on 07-Nov (Saturday) and I got IME forms in my account on 09-Nov (Monday),,,,

Reactions: PavD

rachitmtj

Mar 24, 2018
My COPR expired in may.. recieved 4 pointer mail in August..then application status changed from approved to submitted after I replied. Recieved a remedical equest on Oct 28, remedical cleared on Nov 11...Application status is submitted since then.. any idea on when can I expect a new COPR or an AL ?

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Disclaimer: Follow my opinion at your own risk.

As per my understanding, a COPR holder is a PR only and only when they have landed and a CBSA officer has signed on their COPR document.

As per my understanding, individuals excluding PRs and citizens can apply for visitor visa.

As per my understanding of above, it can be done.

It'll cost about 200 CAD. Risk it and let us know :)
Logically yeah make sense of it. Also read about copr/prv PNP applications making landing using exemptions. Wonder if they opted for visitor visa.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
@13nitinsharma I received another ghost update today. All the stages such as eligibility, background check and final decision has been changed to reviewing, processing and in progress respectively like it was before PPR. There is no change in medicals passed date. After logging back in, current status has changed to Submitted.

Last edited:

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Logically yeah make sense of it. Also read about copr/prv PNP applications making landing using exemptions. Wonder if they opted for visitor visa.
What we understood talking to various lawyers is that if you have COPR/PRV post 18th march and job offer for which you were nominated by province and it comes under the essential skills you are exempted.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NDVO (GOOD NEWS)

Since yesterday, NDVO is actively working on COPR expired cases. If you have submitted your new medicals, your application is moving back to Submitted status.

Moreover, now the most important update - Applicants who sent out an email and raised webform query to NDVO, they have got very specific reply from Migration Unit, NDVO as below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your recent email inquiry received at the Immigration section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Please be advised that your new medicals have been updated. Do not send further emails regarding the same.

Our office will contact your shortly with passport request letter.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Migration Section

As per the PPR email trend, next batch of PPR email will be triggered tomorrow (Saturday). This is highly tentative. Good luck everyone! Things are sorted now!

Bims000

Nov 21, 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NDVO (GOOD NEWS)

Since yesterday, NDVO is actively working on COPR expired cases. If you have submitted your new medicals, your application is moving back to Submitted status.

Moreover, now the most important update - Applicants who sent out an email and raised webform query to NDVO, they have got very specific reply from Migration Unit, NDVO as below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your recent email inquiry received at the Immigration section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Please be advised that your new medicals have been updated. Do not send further emails regarding the same.

Our office will contact your shortly with passport request letter.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Migration Section

As per the PPR email trend, next batch of PPR email will be triggered tomorrow (Saturday). This is highly tentative. Good luck everyone! Things are sorted now!
True.. got a personalised response from NDVO and profile back to submitted stage. Although new medicals not updated like other few