+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Today I got a response after 20 days confirming the receiving of my documents by the responsible office (I submitted all the documents with my RTT web form).
Nothing else. It was kind off generic reply.
yeah, I received the same few days ago .Still no update

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Disclaimer: follow my advice at your own risk

I'd say take appointment at the clinic of Feb 2021 if its free of charge..

I also have received the email u r talking about.. I'd take their word that if u travel before feb 2021 they would let u travel without remeds

I also would be careful as the email states if you say yes but fail to travel before the date then it may not be possible to issue another extension to you.
Can you post the content of that email? My COPR and medical expire today and I'm trying to time my entry so I don't need to retake my medical. Thanks!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I did the same on sept 25 but nothing till now.
What if IRCC is thinking that you are good since you have already landed and are primary applicant? If there is no update for sometime then why not apply for PRTD for your dependents and then deal with the situation once they are in Canada. Not sure what I said makes any sense.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
What if IRCC is thinking that you are good since you have already landed and are primary applicant? If there is no update for sometime then why not apply for PRTD for your dependents and then deal with the situation once they are in Canada. Not sure what I said makes any sense.
PRTD is Permanent Resident Travel Document. One needs signed COPR for travel with PRTD because a signed COPR shows that the person is already a PR.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
PRTD is Permanent Resident Travel Document. One needs signed COPR for travel with PRTD because a signed COPR shows that the person is already a PR.
Do you have Counterfoils of your dependents showing in your GC Key? If yes, then let's hope IRCC gives a response soon on your case. You should stay in touch with people similar to your case.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Do you have Counterfoils of your dependents showing in your GC Key? If yes, then let's hope IRCC gives a response soon on your case. You should stay in touch with people similar to your case.
Yes the counterfoil is still there showing as expired. I found one person here but there are very less candidates in that criteria. As there is saying in Hindi " Duniya umeed pe tiki hai, me bi umeed pe tika hun".

Reactions: Raina1996

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Although, i am not in a similar case.I am single primary applicant. As far as i know,PRTD is given once COPR is signed.

YC5995

Nov 19, 2020
Hi bro I have got My passport stamped on Friday. Now looking to travel to Canada I heard there is still some travel restrictions in place.
Congratulations. I received my COPR on 19th November too. Just waiting till the travel restrictions are lifted. Btw which city are you planning to move too?