+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
AFTER MARCH 18, 2020 COPR/PRV HOLDERS

Hi Everyone,

Just want to hear from you guys regarding this dilemna we are currently facing. For those approved COPRs/PRV after March 18, 2020 Rule, how do we handle our expiring COPRs/PRVs since we cannot travel? Is it different from Pre-March 18, 2020, who we are given exemptions and CAN travel to canada anytime as long as they are ready. Now, we, the post-March 18, 2020 COPR holders, can we request for just an extension or wait for the instructions of IRCC and let your COPR expire?

Our status is that our COPR/PRV was approved November 4, 2020 and is valid upto January 23, 2021. Travel restrictions were extended upto January 21, 2021. We already raised a webform requesting for an extension, no reply yet from IRCC.

What to do???

Thank you to who will reply and can help other COPR holders approved after MArch 18, 2020 ruling.
Many ppl post 18th March have landed successfully

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
@wick_sran any further update?
How many web forms did you raise after submitting your remeds?
Have you tried calling IRCC?
No update this week so far. Received ghost updates for three days consecutively in the last week. I submitted the new medical information sheet through webform and 10 days later followed up though another web form. Also, sent emails to RROC and Delhi immigration regarding new medical information. Never called IRCC since AoR about 18 months back.

• Sad
Reactions: nayaskumar

Rahul@01

Dec 9, 2020
Hi Rahul,
Yes, I had submitted all relevant details such as my quarantine plan, proof of intention to settle, proof of funds, tentative travel itinerary etc.
If you haven’t received a job offer yet, the best response would be to provide your resignation letter, if you have already resigned or any other supporting which is convincing enough to show that you can easily get a job there.
Thanks a lot Sameera!

Reactions: SameeraR

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I would have told my wife to fly right away with out any further delay. :)

See if you can fly and come back after completing quarantine.
I am afraid of ircc asking me on PRTD application for reason of travel when they stated to enter Canada only if applicant wants to move permanently. :(

PavD

May 20, 2013
If your VO is Ottawa, then it's usually 5-7 business days. If it's NDVO, you won't get any update on your new medicals as they are updating them on the backend only.
My visa office is NDVO, got our remedicals done on 26 Nov..So should I expect PPR now straight on email or will we receive a AL and in how many days..any idea?
Thank you

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
No update this week so far. Received ghost updates for three days consecutively in the last week. I submitted the new medical information sheet through webform and 10 days later followed up though another web form. Also, sent emails to RROC and Delhi immigration regarding new medical information. Never called IRCC since AoR about 18 months back.
Did you send remeds info sheet to Delhi Immigration or using NDVO webform? If yes, then I think they do not upload the documents as per the email response I got from them. According to them any additional document needs to be submitted using GC key (CIC account).

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Guys I just received my COPR and it expires end of March. Can someone advice if landing is still not permitted? Whether soft or permanent? Thanks

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
My visa office is NDVO, got our remedicals done on 26 Nov..So should I expect PPR now straight on email or will we receive a AL and in how many days..any idea?
Thank you
Mostly likely PPR, and the next tentative day of PPR from NDVO is coming Saturday. Good luck!

Condition is - your file should be in submitted status for new PPR email.

Last edited:
Reactions: PavD

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Thank you
I did my remedicals on November 7 and am still waiting.

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
They do have some exemptions, like for family members. Otherwise wait is the only option. Now that they have extended lockdown until jan 21st and, with vaccine rolling out, there are possibilities.
But I believe people who have COPR approved and have Jobs offer in essential skill even it is after 18th March 2020 can travel, anybody with such case. Our COPR just approved few days back and I have job offer in essential skill, we are planning to travel as we don't need work permit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Djsingh44