+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
AFTER MARCH 18, 2020 COPR/PRV HOLDERS

Hi Everyone,

Just want to hear from you guys regarding this dilemna we are currently facing. For those approved COPRs/PRV after March 18, 2020 Rule, how do we handle our expiring COPRs/PRVs since we cannot travel? Is it different from Pre-March 18, 2020, who we are given exemptions and CAN travel to canada anytime as long as they are ready. Now, we, the post-March 18, 2020 COPR holders, can we request for just an extension or wait for the instructions of IRCC and let your COPR expire?

Our status is that our COPR/PRV was approved November 4, 2020 and is valid upto January 23, 2021. Travel restrictions were extended upto January 21, 2021. We already raised a webform requesting for an extension, no reply yet from IRCC.

What to do???

Thank you to who will reply and can help other COPR holders approved after MArch 18, 2020 ruling.

PavD

May 20, 2013
For Ottawa, this week, applicants are receiving "Action Required: Are you able to travel to Canada soon" email which confirms your medicals have been extended and confirming if you're able to travel.

For few Ottawa VO applicants (who submitted new medicals), their status of application has been changed to "submitted" and new medicals have been updated too.

For Vancouver, No update.
Hi,
Any idea after doing the medicals how long it took to update them on account if one have received IMM form in account and have got them done right away
Thank you!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020

Hi Everyone,

Just want to hear from you guys regarding this dilemna we are currently facing. For those approved COPRs/PRV after March 18, 2020 Rule, how do we handle our expiring COPRs/PRVs since we cannot travel? Is it different from Pre-March 18, 2020, who we are given exemptions and CAN travel to canada anytime as long as they are ready. Now, we, the post-March 18, 2020 COPR holders, can we request for just an extension or wait for the instructions of IRCC and let your COPR expire?

Our status is that our COPR/PRV was approved November 4, 2020 and is valid upto January 23, 2021. Travel restrictions were extended upto January 21, 2021. We already raised a webform requesting for an extension, no reply yet from IRCC.

What to do???

Thank you to who will reply and can help other COPR holders approved after MArch 18, 2020 ruling.
It's just a waiting game if you have raised the webform.

Trust me you are in better position than CoPRs holders who are approved before March 18 2020 and still are waiting to get CoPR extensions or ALs.

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020

Hi Everyone,

What to do???

They do have some exemptions, like for family members. Otherwise wait is the only option. Now that they have extended lockdown until jan 21st and, with vaccine rolling out, there are possibilities.

Reactions: Renalpe

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi,
Any idea after doing the medicals how long it took to update them on account if one have received IMM form in account and have got them done right away
Thank you!
If your VO is Ottawa, then it's usually 5-7 business days. If it's NDVO, you won't get any update on your new medicals as they are updating them on the backend only.

Reactions: PavD

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020

Hi Everyone,

What to do???

Adding to what whyCorona and asdq45, have said, you should consider leaving the minute you can. In my experience(I am a post Mar 18 COPR holder with expired Visa), avoid trying to get an extension (irrespective of when your COPR was issued) at as much as possible and try to leave as soon as you can.

I got my COPR on March 20th and it expired in Oct, even with 2 RTT webforms, no response from IRCC. There are several others here (who have raised more webforms than I have and are in the same boat) There is no predictions with IRCC on how us expired COPR holders have to go by, especially us who got it post March 18. So I have done the same like others who got their Visa prior to Mar 18 and raised my webform in the hopes of getting some response. It is all a waiting game for us.

Hoping for the best and Good luck. Do keep us posted on how it goes for you!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thanks @SameeraR !
Yes I did exactly the same as you; raised 4 RTT with the travel/quarantine plans upfront. And I'm pretty much along the same timeline as you. So keeping hope mine might turn around too.
When does your medicals expire? Mine expired in Aug-2020 and thinking of doing an upfront medicals too before they ask in the last minute.
I also did the same. Provided everything upfront except medicals. COPR expired on June 7. Still silence in my profile. No update or acknowledgement from IRCC.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Not sure the call center agent told me that they are not operating in full capacity. But there are many inland applications, new PPRs being processed from Ottawa. Also for expired CoPR people have been getting remedical requests or emails confirming if they can travel within a certain timeline. It's just wait & watch for many be lucky enough for the file to be picked up by the officer.
I just hope its true. Tired of this waiting game.