+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Guys - Hello. Can you guys please tell me when your got your CoPR - when were your files got approved. Like from approval to CoPR. This is important and your help is needed. Many thanks.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
For Ottawa, this week, applicants are receiving "Action Required: Are you able to travel to Canada soon" email which confirms your medicals have been extended and confirming if you're able to travel.

For few Ottawa VO applicants (who submitted new medicals), their status of application has been changed to "submitted" and new medicals have been updated too.

For Vancouver, No update.
How do you know Ottawa VO is still processing application?
Also I am well within my 6 months medicals extension. But thinking of doing a upfront medicals to avoid delays. Any advise?

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
How do you know Ottawa VO is still processing application?
Also I am well within my 6 months medicals extension. But thinking of doing a upfront medicals to avoid delays. Any advise?
hi i just started reading messages on this group today...
my VO is CPC Ottawa and i got a ghost update yesterday..
So possibly they are processing applications?

Reactions: sudhach91

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
My file is also in Ottawa VO. COPR Expired on June 25. I have submitted RTT just once and have got the generic reply. Is the Ottawa VO operating normally? It shouldn't be taking this long.
Not sure the call center agent told me that they are not operating in full capacity. But there are many inland applications, new PPRs being processed from Ottawa. Also for expired CoPR people have been getting remedical requests or emails confirming if they can travel within a certain timeline. It's just wait & watch for many be lucky enough for the file to be picked up by the officer.

Last edited:
Reactions: crackMBA

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
No clue. Mine has moved back to in progress with no progress lol. Trying to see if anyone is in a similar situation like mine and how they are trying to tackle the problem.
In progress is a very good thing atleast it moves a step ahead on the certainty scale rather being stuck on approved. The officer has opened your file. There would movement sooner or later. Be hopeful.

SameeraR

Dec 8, 2020
Thanks @SameeraR !
Yes I did exactly the same as you; raised 4 RTT with the travel/quarantine plans upfront. And I'm pretty much along the same timeline as you. So keeping hope mine might turn around too.
When does your medicals expire? Mine expired in Aug-2020 and thinking of doing an upfront medicals too before they ask in the last minute.
My medicals expired on 8th sep (same as my visa expiration date) but they have extended till 3rd Feb and that's why I have to land in Canada before the said date. But I'm not quite sure on what basis they had given the extension. I've read somewhere that people falling in M1 category automatically gets a 3 month extension, but this is beyond that.
Hope you get your COPR soon. All the best!

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Not sure the call center agent told me that they are not operating in full capacity. But there are many inland applications, new PPRs being processed from Ottawa. Also for expired CoPR people have been getting remedical requests or emails confirming if they can travel within a certain timeline. It's just wait & watch for many be lucky enough for the file to be picked up by the officer.
HI Faith, can i have a number on which you i can call them please. I did not trying calling the office.

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
HI Faith, can i have a number on which you i can call them please. I did not trying calling the office.
Yes sure +1 888 242 2100 is the number. If you are outside Canada download the 'text now' app and dial the given number. If app does not work try the desktop version for text now. Try calling in their morning hours it's easier to get through.