+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SameeraR

Dec 8, 2020
Hi @SameeraR, congratulations! I have a very similar timeline and still waiting to hear.
Some questions if you don’t mind answering:
1. Did you attach any documents with your willingness to travel Webforms?
2. Do you have an offer letter from a Canadian employer?
3. Which country are you moving from?
Hi @ksk1947! Thank you!
To answer your questions :
1. Yes, I had submitted all relevant details such as my quarantine plan, proof of intention to settle, proof of funds, tentative travel itinerary etc.
2. No, I still haven’t received any offer letter. So instead I attached my resignation letter and also my application to a Canadian professional body (which is only relevant in Canada).
3. I’m moving from India.

All the best!

Reactions: ksk1947

SameeraR

Dec 8, 2020
Exactly same situation: Raised RTT on 19-Nov and only got a generic reply on 3-Dec.
Have the same questions as @ksk1947
And is that the 4-pointer email you got on 8-Dec?
Refer #12230 for my response for his questions.
I did not receive any 4-pointer email but as I saw so many people posting about in this group, I thought I should act proactively and had submitted all the relevant documents when raising the initial RTT webform.

Reactions: tomx420

Lee1987

Jul 26, 2018
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NDVO (RE-MEDICAL CASES)

3 applicants who submitted re-medicals, confirmed that they got their new counterfoil updated in their GC Key account today (validity till November, 2021).

Their application have been moved back to "Approved" but they have not received AL or PPR email yet, so let's wait for more updates soon!

Please do check your GC Key accounts if you've submitted your re-medicals.

My observation - In such scenario, applicants will definitely receive AL instead of PPR email. Generally, when your new counterfoil details are updated before PPR email or any other communication, in this scenario AL is triggered.
Thanks very much for the update!!
Can you please share when did these applicants submitted their re-medicals?
Any idea whether they submitted Job Resignation/House Lease kind docs in their replies to 4P email?

My Timeline:
CoPR Expired - 8th May
4P Email - 2nd Oct
Re-medical Notification Email - 5th Nov
Re-medical Submitted - 24th Nov
Visa Office - New Delhi

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Yea, before this whole pandemic brouhaha, I remember IRCC use to give 12 months extension on medicals in some cases. I wander why they only giving 6 months now
I know right!!!. They extended my medicals for 12 months. I did my medicals in December 2018. Then in November 2019 it was extended to November 2020. No thanks to Covid, I couldn't travel. Will see what they require when I am ready to travel

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
I know right!!!. They extended my medicals for 12 months. I did my medicals in December 2018. Then in November 2019 it was extended to November 2020. No thanks to Covid, I couldn't travel. Will see what they require when I am ready to travel
Wow, in this case, are you planning for upfront medical or will you wait for their ready to travel email?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Wow, in this case, are you planning for upfront medical or will you wait for their ready to travel email?
I read somewhere that they are advising against upfront medicals for expired COPR as it's messed up their process for tracking applications/extension requests. Regardless, I am in no hurry to do medicals. I am not ready to travel either so even if I get the email, it's of no use. I will go for medicals whenever(if)they request it. As I do not require a visa counterfoil, I guess an AL in addition to my expired COPR would suffice in my case if they extend my medicals

Last edited:

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
Any progress from Ottawa VO? I have raised multiple ready to travel web forms but haven't received anything June expiry anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: kpatel1988

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Any progress from Ottawa VO? I have raised multiple ready to travel web forms but haven't received anything June expiry anyone in the same boat?
yes we too have raised web forms, but not multiple and have not heard yet. corp expired in June, how do you come to know the visa office handling the file ?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NDVO (RE-MEDICAL CASES)

3 applicants who submitted re-medicals, confirmed that they got their new counterfoil updated in their GC Key account today (validity till November, 2021).

Their application have been moved back to "Approved" but they have not received AL or PPR email yet, so let's wait for more updates soon!

Please do check your GC Key accounts if you've submitted your re-medicals.

My observation - In such scenario, applicants will definitely receive AL instead of PPR email. Generally, when your new counterfoil details are updated before PPR email or any other communication, in this scenario AL is triggered.
FYI - As predicted, all three applicants received Authorization letters last night itself (Validity till February, 2021)

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
yes we too have raised web forms, but not multiple and have not heard yet. corp expired in June, how do you come to know the visa office handling the file ?
Ok. Visa office would be mentioned on your initial PPR email or you can confirm from the IRCC agent on call.

Rahul@01

Dec 9, 2020
Thank you!
My timeline :
COPR issue date : 17th Feb 20
COPR expiry date : 8th Sep 20
Raised a webform on 28th Aug to let them know my inability to travel.
Raised another webform on 19th Nov to inform my readiness to travel.
5 Dec - Generic mail stating that they have forwarded my application to relevant office.
8 Dec - email to check on willingness to travel before 4th Feb 2021.
Visa office : Ottawa
Hope this helps!
Hi Sameera,
Do we have to attach any documents with the reply for willingness to travel email or do we have to simply reply to that email with answers? I mean documents like Quarantine letter and other relevant document.....

Last edited:

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
You can call IRCC and with give necessary details. They will tell you which VO is processing the file