+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Bims000

Nov 21, 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NDVO (RE-MEDICAL CASES)

3 applicants who submitted re-medicals, confirmed that they got their new counterfoil updated in their GC Key account today (validity till November, 2021).

Their application have been moved back to "Approved" but they have not received AL or PPR email yet, so let's wait for more updates soon!

Please do check your GC Key accounts if you've submitted your re-medicals.

My observation - In such scenario, applicants will definitely receive AL instead of PPR email. Generally, when your new counterfoil details are updated before PPR email or any other communication, in this scenario AL is triggered.
Did these guys were asked for remeds or they did it upfront after regret mail we got on 5th Nov ?

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
Hey! Congratulations!
I just got a similar mail today.
To answer your questions:
1. It would be best to travel before expiration of medicals, otherwise it would result in further delay and it’s not necessary that they may respond soon too considering the volume of cases they are processing right now. But that being said, health is wealth. So it’s all upto you.
2. Your parents can quarantine with you as long as you’re all travelling together.
3. You need to download and enter your details in ArriveCAN app before boarding your flight to Canada. I’m not quite sure as to what category we fit into though. Covid test needs to be done and further a proper quarantine plan needs to be carried along with your expired COPR and AL/new one time visa.
All the best!
I already live in Canada and my parents will be staying in my house. Will that be ok as a quarantine plan or do they have to stay separately for 14 days.
Also, if they dont travel before the expiry of the medicals on feb 26, 2021, would there be a chance to do re-medical again and get the AL? My fear is that IRCC is not going to give another chance for re-medicals!!!Could that happen?

Jbach

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Now that 249,000 doses of vaccines will be issued to Canada this December, I’m just wondering what that could mean regarding travel restrictions, processing times of all applications etc .

SameeraR

Dec 8, 2020
I already live in Canada and my parents will be staying in my house. Will that be ok as a quarantine plan or do they have to stay separately for 14 days.
Also, if they dont travel before the expiry of the medicals on feb 26, 2021, would there be a chance to do re-medical again and get the AL? My fear is that IRCC is not going to give another chance for re-medicals!!!Could that happen?
Yes, as long as they quarantine in a separate room and the restrooms they use are separate, there shouldn’t be any issue in them staying with you and your family.
As for re-medicals, they are rolling out requests, but the whole process is a bit slow and is recommended to travel before the medicals expire. Hope that helps!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yes, they can quarantine at your place as oldies require special attention. That is being said, I believe you must be having a separate room and washroom for your parents.

It's better to travel now. Air travel is safer these days with precautions and all. I recommend you to book a direct flight if possible and you should not wait till the last moment.

Yes, you can redo the medicals but is the wait worth? You never know when things are gonna get unstable.

Last edited:

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NDVO (RE-MEDICAL CASES)

3 applicants who submitted re-medicals, confirmed that they got their new counterfoil updated in their GC Key account today (validity till November, 2021).

Their application have been moved back to "Approved" but they have not received AL or PPR email yet, so let's wait for more updates soon!

Please do check your GC Key accounts if you've submitted your re-medicals.

My observation - In such scenario, applicants will definitely receive AL instead of PPR email. Generally, when your new counterfoil details are updated before PPR email or any other communication, in this scenario AL is triggered.
Any idea how long it usually takes between the information in GCKey being updated (counterfoil/expiry date update) and receiving the AL?

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Were you approved before March 18th?
Yes got our copr feb 2020 and got expired in April 2020.. i am currently living in canads and still not landed yet and my dependants are outside canada..patiently wsiting for AL

koko9

Dec 7, 2020
Hi,

For people who got medical extended without request to do so, after initial PPR, could you share the dates of the original medical expiry, date COPR/visa was issued, and the new medical/COPR validity?
I'm trying to understand under what cases they are extending medicals? Is it for everyone whose medicals are expiring within 90 days? Or is it something else?

Raqs101

Aug 22, 2020
Hi, Yesterday my application changed to Submitted Status. Medical Result status updated as "December 7, 2020:You passed the medical exam. ".
I didn't do re-medicals and my COPR expired on 25th July 2020.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? And does anyone has an idea about what will happen next? PPR? AL.

My VO is Ottawa.

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hi, Yesterday my application changed to Submitted Status. Medical Result status updated as "December 7, 2020:You passed the medical exam. ".
I didn't do re-medicals and my COPR expired on 25th July 2020.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? And does anyone has an idea about what will happen next? PPR? AL.

My VO is Ottawa.
Hi Did you raise the webform and did your hear from them after that, our CORP expired on 30 June,2020 raised the webform ready to travel in October, nothing after that, we are still awaiting. No idea how they are handling

Raqs101

Aug 22, 2020
Hi Did you raise the webform and did your hear from them after that, our CORP expired on 30 June,2020 raised the webform ready to travel in October, nothing after that, we are still awaiting. No idea how they are handling
Yes I did raise multiple RTT web forms.