+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Haith

Dec 8, 2020
When you received it ? Are you an EE candidate ? What is your AOR?
I applied on August 2018, family sponsor ship application was forwarded to cairo visa office at February 2019
2 days ago I received the passport request

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
IRCC sent an email today that they have extended my parents medicals till Feb 26, 2021. The COPR was initially issued on March 15, 2020.
IRCC also says that "the medical exam validity may not be extended further without re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them" if they decide to travel after Feb 26, 2021.
I have couple of questions:
1. My parents are still not comfortable travelling by flight. Has anyone else received this email? what happens if we ignore this email and let the medicals expire? is there a possibility that IRCC might allow one more medicals to be done and extend the COPR again?
2. Can my parents quarantine in my house with me, my wife and kid?
3. What other guidelines do they have to follow when flying from India and before landing Canada

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone, just to make sure are Authorization Letters being emailed, sent to GCKey online profile or are they being mailed? I doubt being mailed but I just want to make sure from those who have an idea.

Mr.Sidhu

Jun 4, 2020
Hello Everybody

I am posting my landing experience, maybe it helps someone.

Heads up! Long post!

So, we got our CoPR and Counterfoil in the passports back in Dec 2019. Decided to move to Canada during summer time, then Covid hit. We kept on postponing our plans, waiting for the situation to normalize, which never happened. I was a keen reader of this thread and saw how many people were delayed with their CoPR expiring. Finally, we decided to pull the plunge and I put in my resignation two months ago, sold all our stuff , and booked tickets to Canada just days before my CoRP expired.

I didn't raise a webform, since we were exempted from travel restrictions with the 18th of March exception (although I had my doubts). Our flight was scheduled 1s of December. I checked with IRCC via phone to see if I needed any sort of authorization letter. The agent said as long as my CoPR is not expired, I didn’t.

I booked Air Canada to Toronto via Frankfurt. The airlines agent at Frankfurt asked me about my permanent residence, which I was too tiered and exhausted to understand, and thought he referred to where I would be staying, so I showed him my Airbnb reservation, so he got quite aggravated and was asking me why I was going to Canada, so I told him I’m immigrating, so he asked me to show him my papers, I told him look in the passports, he had a look, and realized we were exempted, so allowed us to board. They also checked our ArriveCan receipt, which I printed out for convenance.

Flight was ok, only thing you had to keep wearing the masks the entire flight, which is pretty tiresome. Anyway we reached Canada, and was greeted by two police officers as soon as we set foot in the airport. “You picked a nice day to land” said the officer who asked us why we came to Canada. I am still unsure if he was sincere or being sarcastic. Anyways we went down stars to passport control, and were directed to the serpentine" queue which was empty, and kindda felt silly just going in zigzags. When we reached the officer, who was looking board, I presented the passports, and waited, then all of the sudden he blurted out “Declaration form, Quarantine plan, ArriveCan”. I presented all that to him, then he asked where I was coming from, and what I was doing their, and what am I doing in Canada, so I answered. He asked me if I understood I have to quarantine for 14 days, which I said I do, then he used his pink marker and marked my papers and told me to head past his office to immigrations, where I went through another empty serpentine queue and reached the booth of a friendly officers, who made us sign our papers and asked for the address to which the PR cards would be sent too. I gave him the Airbnb apartment address. He asked if I wanted to ask about anything else, then welcomed us to Canada. I then collected my luggage and went through customs. The officer was about to let me out, when I told him I needed to hand my goods to follow form, so he pointed to me to a side office, where I went to a booth and gave the officers all the papers (accompanying goods, declaration form, goods to follow). They put on the system the total value of all and then stamped the forms, and handed me a copy for receiving my shipment.

After that I got an uber, which you can ride from the ground floor (I was surprised that we were not on the ground floor) at Q gate, which is closed, so you need to exit at gate S
Now were are in the 14 day isolation period, but with the city lockdown I’m reading about in the news, I’m not sure there would be any were for us to go after that.

Time line

ITA (2nd Time) 17 Nov 2018
AOR: 18 Jan
Medicals pass:27 Feb
BIL:4 March
ADR (1st):24 Sept.
ADR(2nd): 26 Sept.
Re-Med Request: 27 Nov _done on the 9th of Dec
Med Passed: 10 December
Ready for Visa: 11 December 2019
Passports received: 31 December 2019

Landing: 01 December 2020
Visa Office?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi everyone, just to make sure are Authorization Letters being emailed, sent to GCKey online profile or are they being mailed? I doubt being mailed but I just want to make sure from those who have an idea.
They are emailed with new CoPR details updated on GCkey. If your VO is New Delhi then not sure if they are issuing ALs anymore.

Reactions: Nivo0811

SameeraR

Dec 8, 2020
IRCC sent an email today that they have extended my parents medicals till Feb 26, 2021. The COPR was initially issued on March 15, 2020.
IRCC also says that "the medical exam validity may not be extended further without re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them" if they decide to travel after Feb 26, 2021.
I have couple of questions:
1. My parents are still not comfortable travelling by flight. Has anyone else received this email? what happens if we ignore this email and let the medicals expire? is there a possibility that IRCC might allow one more medicals to be done and extend the COPR again?
2. Can my parents quarantine in my house with me, my wife and kid?
3. What other guidelines do they have to follow when flying from India and before landing Canada
Hey! Congratulations!
I just got a similar mail today.
To answer your questions:
1. It would be best to travel before expiration of medicals, otherwise it would result in further delay and it’s not necessary that they may respond soon too considering the volume of cases they are processing right now. But that being said, health is wealth. So it’s all upto you.
2. Your parents can quarantine with you as long as you’re all travelling together.
3. You need to download and enter your details in ArriveCAN app before boarding your flight to Canada. I’m not quite sure as to what category we fit into though. Covid test needs to be done and further a proper quarantine plan needs to be carried along with your expired COPR and AL/new one time visa.
All the best!

Reactions: Faith001

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi there, I am in the same boat with you with COPR expiring in Feb 2021, did you redo the medical exam again when ask for extension? Thanks!
Disclaimer: Follow my advice at your own risk

As of now, IRCC seems to be extending medicals for 6 months..Who knows what'll happen in Feb :)

BTW, just read news Canada would be receiving vaccines from Pfizer before Dec end.

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
Hey! Congratulations!
I just got a similar mail today.
To answer your questions:
1. It would be best to travel before expiration of medicals, otherwise it would result in further delay and it’s not necessary that they may respond soon too considering the volume of cases they are processing right now. But that being said, health is wealth. So it’s all upto you.
2. Your parents can quarantine with you as long as you’re all travelling together.
3. You need to download and enter your details in ArriveCAN app before boarding your flight to Canada. I’m not quite sure as to what category we fit into though. Covid test needs to be done and further a proper quarantine plan needs to be carried along with your expired COPR and AL/new one time visa.
All the best!
Congratulations. Can you please share your timeline and visa office.

SameeraR

Dec 8, 2020
Congratulations. Can you please share your timeline and visa office.
Thank you!
My timeline :
COPR issue date : 17th Feb 20
COPR expiry date : 8th Sep 20
Raised a webform on 28th Aug to let them know my inability to travel.
Raised another webform on 19th Nov to inform my readiness to travel.
5 Dec - Generic mail stating that they have forwarded my application to relevant office.
8 Dec - email to check on willingness to travel before 4th Feb 2021.
Visa office : Ottawa
Hope this helps!

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NDVO (RE-MEDICAL CASES)

3 applicants who submitted re-medicals, confirmed that they got their new counterfoil updated in their GC Key account today (validity till November, 2021).

Their application have been moved back to "Approved" but they have not received AL or PPR email yet, so let's wait for more updates soon!

Please do check your GC Key accounts if you've submitted your re-medicals.

My observation - In such scenario, applicants will definitely receive AL instead of PPR email. Generally, when your new counterfoil details are updated before PPR email or any other communication, in this scenario AL is triggered.

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NDVO (RE-MEDICAL CASES)

3 applicants who submitted re-medicals, confirmed that they got their new counterfoil updated in their GC Key account today (validity till November, 2021).

Their application have been moved back to "Approved" but they have not received AL or PPR email yet, so let's wait for more updates soon!

Please do check your GC Key accounts if you've submitted your re-medicals.

My observation - In such scenario, applicants will definitely receive AL instead of PPR email. Generally, when your new counterfoil details are updated before PPR email or any other communication, in this scenario AL is triggered.
Which VISA OFFICE ?