+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Has anyone received a reply from PHAC? I wrote them a while ago because I'm not part of any exemption group, however, my situation is a bit complicated as my visa expired on the country of residency and going back to home country is not possible. I provided all documents, etc. and this was the reply.

__________________________________________-
Ref. #: PHAC-COVID-EO-EXT-WP-**** - [my name]

Dear Mr. ---,

Thank you for your correspondence related to your wish to enter Canada.

By way of this email, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is of the opinion that you would likely be permitted entry to Canada, and would not likely be exempt from quarantine, based on the assessment below.

The COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented complexities and challenges in our country and globally. The Government of Canada continues to implement border measures to limit the introduction and spread of COVID-19.

Prohibition of Entry Order

At this time, the Government of Canada has prohibited foreign nationals from all countries from entering Canada for non-essential travel through the Order in Council bla bla bla.

Under these orders, all travel of an optional or discretionary nature, including tourism and recreation, is prohibited.

As a Canadian permanent resident you are permitted by right to enter Canada.

Mandatory Isolation Order

The Government of Canada has implemented the Emergency Order bla bla bla

Kind regards,
Emergency Orders and Policy Interpretation Team
Public Health Agency of Canada

phac.emergencyorder-decretdurgencecovid19.aspc@canada.ca
__________________________________________-

The highlights are from the original message.

Does it mean I can try to entry with this email?
My plan is to travel mid-Jan. CoPr/MED expires in Mar-21. Issued on Aug/2020.

Also, I got particularly interested in the head of e-mail, with REf#, PHAC-COVID-EO-EXT-WP, 4 dig and my name.
Was your visa issued after March 18??? When have you received such reply???

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Was your visa issued after March 18??? When have you received such reply???
There is no point in chasing the emails from Health Office if it is regarding travel in restrictions. This email is only suggesting that the person can travel if he/she is Permanent Resident. The CoPR holders need to land to first get their PR status activated. So this email is just a response to the query the person asked and is not an Authorization letter to allow traveling if not in IRCC's published exemption list.

RedDevil_07

Oct 7, 2019
Hey Guys, could you please take a moment to clarify my doubt.

I have received a response to my last raised webform saying 'your application should be reviewed shortly'.

Do you guys think it's a good sign, does it mean file has been placed in queue? do they actually review it shortly? If yes, in how many weeks do you think my file would be opened?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hey Guys, could you please take a moment to clarify my doubt.

I have received a response to my last raised webform saying 'your application should be reviewed shortly'.

Do you guys think it's a good sign, does it mean file has been placed in queue? do they actually review it shortly? If yes, in how many weeks do you think my file would be opened?
This is an assurance email from IRCC to keep the applicants updated and calm in these uncertain times. Some people have also received "We are still working on your application" email and your email sounds much better than that email. Stay hopeful!

Reactions: smithplato

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Correct, my current/expired CoPR has my current passport number.
But from some forums (linked here) people mentioned that a new CoPR is not issued when passport is renewed.
If they issue a new CoPR for new passport, then that's going to be another long wait...! I don't need to get the passport stamped thankfully; I never got anything stamped as its not required for mine.
This was why I am a bit hesitant to renew my passport and just take the risk and fly with 1-2 months validity on it.

Anyone with experience?
if you passport has a validity of 6 months it should be ok.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi @Lachelle,

If you don't mind, can you please share sample 4 pointer email?
I never saw 4 pointer email and everyone is talking in forum, so wanted to see a sample 4 pointer email.
IRCC is contacting you regarding your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) (unless you have an eTA) and those of your accompanying dependent family members. Do not attempt to travel without written authorisation.

We are currently reviewing your application as you are a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess your case, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

Please reply to this email by providing the information/documents requested.

Answer the following questions:

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:

· Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;

o address where you will stay,

o lease agreement,

o home ownership document,

o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and

o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

· Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;

o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.

Important Notes:

· While in quarantine, you and your accompanying family members will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.

· Canadian authorities do not provide you a place to quarantine when you arrive. You must make your own arrangements in advance.

In order to continue processing your application, we must receive your response within 10 days of receipt of this email. If we do not hear from you within 10 days, we will assume that you are not able to travel to Canada within the next 60 days. Your application will remain open and placed on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the criteria above.

To find out more, visit our website at Approved permanent residence applications (with a COPR and PRV issued to clients outside Canada)

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

usa2canada2021

Nov 11, 2020
IRCC is contacting you regarding your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) (unless you have an eTA) and those of your accompanying dependent family members. Do not attempt to travel without written authorisation.

We are currently reviewing your application as you are a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess your case, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

Please reply to this email by providing the information/documents requested.

Answer the following questions:

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:

· Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;

o address where you will stay,

o lease agreement,

o home ownership document,

o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and

o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

· Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;

o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.

Important Notes:

· While in quarantine, you and your accompanying family members will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.

· Canadian authorities do not provide you a place to quarantine when you arrive. You must make your own arrangements in advance.

In order to continue processing your application, we must receive your response within 10 days of receipt of this email. If we do not hear from you within 10 days, we will assume that you are not able to travel to Canada within the next 60 days. Your application will remain open and placed on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the criteria above.

To find out more, visit our website at Approved permanent residence applications (with a COPR and PRV issued to clients outside Canada)

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Thanks @wick_sran

Reactions: wick_sran

RedDevil_07

Oct 7, 2019
This is an assurance email from IRCC to keep the applicants updated and calm in these uncertain times. Some people have also received "We are still working on your application" email and your email sounds much better than that email. Stay hopeful!
Thanks a lot for clearing my doubt. I hope we all receive AL/extensions real soon.

Sep 14, 2020
Hi
How did you get the extension? Did ask for an extension after you receive your COPR?
I got my COPR in Oct which will be expiring n February 2021. I asked for an extension and they asked me to send my Passports back. I still didn’t get the passports back and waiting for it. Did you also go through the same procedure?
thanks.
Hi there, I am in the same boat with you with COPR expiring in Feb 2021, did you redo the medical exam again when ask for extension? Thanks!

Haith

Dec 8, 2020
Hello guys,
I received a passport request from Cairo VO, but I'm living in UAE, can I submit my passport through VFS

Reactions: nns14

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Hello guys,
I received a passport request from Cairo VO, but I'm living in UAE, can I submit my passport through VFS
When you received it ? Are you an EE candidate ? What is your AOR?