+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I asked about my case obviously. He said he is not sure which office is processing mine VO ottawa or NDVO. It depends on where your file is.But looking back at my old email thread . New Delhi office received my passport and processed the whole thing .Does it mean its done by NDVO? @whyCorona

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
So, I just got off a call from NDVO office.My friend's husband works in that office(I had to pull some strings, desperate times) . He said they have started processing ALs as many as possible.That is good news. Downside is that , he suggested not to send Remeds unless they send an email requesting for it. They have been getting upfront meds and the case files are getting jumbled up , difficult for them to process in orderly manner. He was not clear in giving a timeline, but he said counting from dec 1, it will take month or two to completely streamline the whole thing.
By medical request, they mean receiving notification letter or specific medical request with IME form? NDVO did not send the latter one to anybody. Would they still be issuing AL? I think they're sending PPRs now. Didn't hear them sending AL for a while.

Last edited:

RedDevil_07

Oct 7, 2019
So, I just got off a call from NDVO office.My friend's husband works in that office(I had to pull some strings, desperate times) . He said they have started processing ALs as many as possible.That is good news. Downside is that , he suggested not to send Remeds unless they send an email requesting for it. They have been getting upfront meds and the case files are getting jumbled up , difficult for them to process in orderly manner. He was not clear in giving a timeline, but he said counting from dec 1, it will take month or two to completely streamline the whole thing.
Hey thanks for this information. Would they take a month or two to clear most of expired CoPR backlogs, if not all?

Does Visa office have a major role to play in issuing AL or is it totally coordinated by a central IRCC team with respective VOs

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
By medical request, they mean receiving notification letter or specific medical request with IME form? NDVO did not send the latter one to anybody. Would they still be issuing AL? I think they're sending PPRs now. Didn't hear them sending AL for a while.
yeah. there is no specific IME form like we got pre-corona. But the email that you got would suffice.

Reactions: wick_sran

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hey thanks for this information. Would they take a month or two to clear most of expired CoPR backlogs, if not all?

Does Visa office have a major role to play in issuing AL or is it totally coordinated by a central IRCC team with respective VOs
Yes, best case 1-2 months and Worst case scenario three months.He used the word streamline a lot, lol. He couldnt tell mine because they wont know applicant's case is processed VO ottawa or NDVO..?. I'm baffled too.. which is why i asked @whyCorona ,

RedDevil_07

Oct 7, 2019
Yes, best case 1-2 months and Worst case scenario three months.He used the word streamline a lot, lol. He couldnt tell mine because they wont know applicant's case is processed VO ottawa or NDVO..?. I'm baffled too.. which is why i asked @whyCorona ,
That's good to hear, hope they clear majority of backlogs by Jan end at least.

With respect to your VO, I guess calling IRCC agent would be the best way to know about your VO. Your primary VO could have been Ottawa, because passport request is issued by local VO which is NDVO for residents of India.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi Guys

Just wanted to confirm something.

I received my COPR in September with an extension granted till August 2021, the COPR Document and Passport Counterfoil expires in August 2021.

But it doesn't say anything about Re-Medicals, my medicals were done in December 2019.

Can anyone tell me if I will have to do a re-medical before travelling or the medicals are extended along with the COPR?

The documents they have sent me does not mention anything about doing re-medicals.

Can anyone please advise?

Regards
Hi
How did you get the extension? Did ask for an extension after you receive your COPR?
I got my COPR in Oct which will be expiring n February 2021. I asked for an extension and they asked me to send my Passports back. I still didn’t get the passports back and waiting for it. Did you also go through the same procedure?
thanks.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Received a ghost update now. Anyone else noticed it? NDVO applicants check your GCkey.

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
What Nivo0811 said is correct. Alternatively, if you enter Alberta directly from abroad, you don't have to go through quarantine for 14 days.
https://www.alberta.ca/international-border-pilot-project.aspx
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/11/alberta-reducing-quarantine-times-with-coronavirus-testing-pilot-1116339.html#gs.n4k2ee
That’s great that Alberta is trying this pilot project. A lot of countries have done this move towards PCR tests instead of a quarantine period.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I asked about my case obviously. He said he is not sure which office is processing mine VO ottawa or NDVO. It depends on where your file is.But looking back at my old email thread . New Delhi office received my passport and processed the whole thing .Does it mean its done by NDVO? @whyCorona
When our copr is expired the file goes back to primary office which sent you PPR.If it was ottawa then that's your vo or may be some other.Like I had recd PPR from Ottawa but presently my file is at Sydney nova Scotia which is most unfortunate as sydney is sleeping. you can call ircc and find out.

Reactions: lnmora

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Got this response, Can i travel now?

"
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and your family members are able to travel, please notify us through the IRCC Web form. At that time, IRCC will respond with the most up to date information we have on next steps.

We invite to visit our website to get the most up-to-date information on how the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html "
When was your copr issued? After March 18???

Reactions: moe_218