+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Jbach

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hope immigration department do something after this. MP Raquel save real examples.
I hope they do. Just as she mentioned they simply lack empathy! Marco is not in touch with reality. His department is not doing anything realistic to help the current situation. People are in a limbo and there’s is nothing that is being currently done

Reactions: crackMBA and Wotsit

alyemeni

Jan 13, 2015
Got this response, Can i travel now?

"
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and your family members are able to travel, please notify us through the IRCC Web form. At that time, IRCC will respond with the most up to date information we have on next steps.

We invite to visit our website to get the most up-to-date information on how the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html "

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
Hope immigration department do something after this. MP Raquel gave real examples.
MP Raquel has been awesome in raising this issue and following up. But looking at the government's response so far, they seem to be just (1) dodging the issue, (2) flatly denying it at times or (3) giving general statements/assurances...mostly oscillating between these three...lol

Hope they sort this out soon.

Reactions: crackMBA

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
My COPR expired in June 2020 and raised several RTT webforms. Apart from generic replies, for one of the web form, there was a response that your file will be reviewed shortly. Its been a month since then and no response. I am not sure what to do next.
i guess we have continue to WAIT and WAIT! i dont understand why they do not respond. i too received an email like youl and silence after that.

SG_VRAJ

Jun 19, 2020
Hi Friend,
I too received this mail with 31st Jan deadline and do not want to travel before that.
And the worst part is, if they provide and extension and we miss it, they would close our case providing no more extensions.

Since I don't want to travel, should I still reply and say, unable to travel now or not reply at all.
I am worried, if we just ignore the mail without a reply they would take it as we are no longer interested in Canada.

What do you think ?
Hi, I am in the same position. Received email with 31 Jan deadline but not able to travel before that. For me and my family it is too short notice and getting a job in my line of work is quite challenging in Canada now. We are planning to respond to them saying :
1. We acknowledge that we may have to do re-medicals at our own cost after expiry of current medicals validity
2. We are not able to travel before 31 Jan as the covid situation intensifies
3. We will raise a web form as soon as we are ready to move to Canada to settle permanently

andrew325

Jan 15, 2018
Hi all

Sorry for off topic. But when we travel to Canada - is there a requirement to quarantine yourself in the first city or can be at the final destination?

For example, I fly to Calgary with stopover in Toronto. Should I be quarantined there? Any gov regulations on this? If possible with links.

Thanks!

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi all

Sorry for off topic. But when we travel to Canada - is there a requirement to quarantine yourself in the first city or can be at the final destination?

For example, I fly to Calgary with stopover in Toronto. Should I be quarantined there? Any gov regulations on this? If possible with links.

Thanks!
You are only obligated to quarantine at your final destination, which in your case will be Calgary.
That’s of course if you aren’t staying in Toronto (leaving airport) and simply have a layover.

Reactions: Armank90

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hi all

Thanks!
What Nivo0811 said is correct. Alternatively, if you enter Alberta directly from abroad, you don't have to go through quarantine for 14 days.
https://www.alberta.ca/international-border-pilot-project.aspx
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/11/alberta-reducing-quarantine-times-with-coronavirus-testing-pilot-1116339.html#gs.n4k2ee

Reactions: Nivo0811

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
MP Raquel has been awesome in raising this issue and following up. But looking at the government's response so far, they seem to be just (1) dodging the issue, (2) flatly denying it at times or (3) giving general statements/assurances...mostly oscillating between these three...lol

Hope they sort this out soon.
They had to sort out soon. Seeing the current state, I do not see any point issuing new COPRs(and these people can not land because of restrictions except from USA) when you already have backlogs. Why not put your work force in clearing backlogs.
I am not IRCC expert but this is disgraceful.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Thanks for sharing this; reassuring that there are people in the govt aware of the situation at the least.
Also according to this news article Canada will get the Pfizer vaccine by Jan - https://globalnews.ca/news/7499451/canada-coronavirus-vaccine-in-place-christmas/
If this is true, I am assuming they may start approving applications much quicker and removing most of the restrictions. Hopefully it gets better from Jan onwards.........

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
I want to send a request about the travel exemption so that I can fly soonest (copr exipred Feb and I want to join a course in Poly Sas - in Jan 2021 (this school is on DLI )). Which email should I write them please buddies?

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
So, I just got off a call from NDVO office.My friend's husband works in that office(I had to pull some strings, desperate times) . He said they have started processing ALs as many as possible.That is good news. Downside is that , he suggested not to send Remeds unless they send an email requesting for it. They have been getting upfront meds and the case files are getting jumbled up , difficult for them to process in orderly manner. He was not clear in giving a timeline, but he said counting from dec 1, it will take month or two to completely streamline the whole thing.