+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Sir, I think you are looking to argue here which I am not.

I urge you to be compassionate towards the situation, and read the email perceiving a calmer tone.

Thank you
I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, but I was genuinely trying to ask a question: Is this really the IRCC way (The 'We regret' emails) to communicate about re-meds? I thought they were sending explicit directions that they want a remedical done and uploaded. Because the email that Rajdeep Kaur received is very scary at first sight. I would never know how to interpret it.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, but I was genuinely trying to ask a question: Is this really the IRCC way (The 'We regret' emails) to communicate about re-meds? I thought they were sending explicit directions that they want a remedical done and uploaded. Because the email that Rajdeep Kaur received is very scary at first sight. I would never know how to interpret it.
Yes they are sending this way only.And this even caused panic in one person who tweeted that he got rejection for extension after waiting for 9 months.I cross checked with him and found he has got this mail which he took as rejection.I explained him that its remedical request.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
My COPR expired in June 2020 and raised several RTT webforms. Apart from generic replies, for one of the web form, there was a response that your file will be reviewed shortly. Its been a month since then and no response. I am not sure what to do next.
I too got the same.Whats your vo?

akshaykkp

Apr 29, 2020
Seems like IRCC is getting pressurized from above.

It says if they issue you the letter probably AL and if you cant make it to Canada using that then they will not issue you another one and/or may close your application.

Option 1) You can reply to the email with your readiness to travel within 31 Jan 2021 and then don't try to make a U turn as you have committed that you are ready to travel in the email response.

Option 2) Do not reply at all and keep waiting for them to contact again. Good luck with the timelines for that!

Choice is yours!

My honest opinion, if 3 months of your notice period is stopping you to travel then it is not worth. You can discuss it with your RM and try to shorten your notice period for sure. Or serve some portion of it remotely from Canada. KT sessions and all.

It's good that IRCC is promising you to reply in 4 weeks if you are ready to travel now.
Yes, indeed. I am thinking to travel now. It makes no sense to wait again. But I have a question why isn't recommended to book a flight? Because we are not sure in how much time we will receive our AL. Then in that case there could be a situation when we try to book the flight tickets and by chance everything is booked, so what option can one avail?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yes, indeed. I am thinking to travel now. It makes no sense to wait again. But I have a question why isn't recommended to book a flight? Because we are not sure in how much time we will receive our AL. Then in that case there could be a situation when we try to book the flight tickets and by chance everything is booked, so what option can one avail?
Good decision.

IRCC don't want you to block your money on flight until they issue you the AL. They gonna re-access your questions and make the go ahead for AL issuance.

IMO, wait till 15 Jan 2021 and then book a flight. Chances are high that they will reply you before 15th Jan 2021 with AL as your medicals are extended till 31st Jan 2021. If not then raise a webform that you are still waiting for AL issuance by giving reference to the email which you have received.

Good luck!

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
is there anyone who got new COPR after remeds and PPR request who received the original copr before 18 March?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
In my opinion, their regret is about that their inability to take action on applicant's file.

Furthermore, I believe the first paragraph and last paragraph seem to be part of template.

@Rajdeep kaur 92 Please keep us updated of status of your application :)

Jbach

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Good decision.

IRCC don't want you to block your money on flight until they issue you the AL. They gonna re-access your questions and make the go ahead for AL issuance.

IMO, wait till 15 Jan 2021 and then book a flight. Chances are high that they will reply you before 15th Jan 2021 with AL as your medicals are extended till 31st Jan 2021. If not then raise a webform that you are still waiting for AL issuance by giving reference to the email which you have received.

Good luck!
Hi @whyCorona , i applied for an AL almost 2 weeks ago. I am the accompanying spouse to the principal applicant- my wife. I applied for exemption to travel based on the fact that I have an extended family member (my biological sister is a PR in Canada) I’m hoping we are giving the AL to travel for my family. Got passport request in early Nov and COPR valid till Jan 29th 2021.
I am ready to travel by mid January before it expires .
What if I don’t get a response for the AL by end of Dec? What do you think I should do ? Thanks

Last edited:

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Received this email yesterday...

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:
Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Notification/regret letter..november 5
Remed done...november 18
Copr expiry...april 2020

Still no clear answer..and the waiting continues..

Reactions: BillyWescott

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi @whyCorona , i applied for an AL almost 2 weeks ago. I am the accompanying spouse to the principal applicant- my wife. I applied for exemption to travel based on the fact that I have an extended family member (my biological sister is a PR in Canada) I’m hoping we are giving the AL to travel for my family. Got passport request in early Nov and COPR valid till Jan 29th 2021.
I am ready to travel by mid January before it expires .
What if I don’t get a response for the AL by end of Dec? What do you think I should do ? Thanks
I believe you have applied for AL as per steps in the link below:

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/10/canada-reveals-how-extended-family-compassionate-travellers-can-apply-for-travel-exemptions-1016013.html#gs.n33k7u

Just make sure your case fits well in extended family member exemptions.

I would advise you to wait for IRCC to get back to you. Stay hopeful!

Reactions: Jbach

Jbach

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I believe you have applied for AL as per steps in the link below:

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/10/canada-reveals-how-extended-family-compassionate-travellers-can-apply-for-travel-exemptions-1016013.html#gs.n33k7u

Just make sure your case fits well in extended family member exemptions.

I would advise you to wait for IRCC to get back to you. Stay hopeful!
Yes it fits well @whyCorona . A notarized letter was signed by her and I filled in the form and attached with other proof of relationship as per the requirements. Thanks