+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi Guys

Just wanted to confirm something.

I received my COPR in September with an extension granted till August 2021, the COPR Document and Passport Counterfoil expires in August 2021.

But it doesn't say anything about Re-Medicals, my medicals were done in December 2019.

Can anyone tell me if I will have to do a re-medical before travelling or the medicals are extended along with the COPR?

The documents they have sent me does not mention anything about doing re-medicals.

Can anyone please advise?

Regards
Nope. If you have valid CoPR and VISA then you dont need remeds. Just plan your travel keeping in mind the current travel restrictions.

ann12345

Jul 8, 2020
I am in Singapore. I think my VO is also Singapore.

I raised one RTT late Oct, received a generic response. I sent again 2 more to amend my planned travel to an earlier date, didnt receive a response.
I raised a webform directed to SG VO, received a generic response.

I am calling them later to ask whether they have forwarded my recent webform with amended travel date to the responsible office.

I am not sure how long I will wait for a response. I am really hoping to get an AL soon as I am ready to travel by end of January.

Anyone from Singapore with a expired COPR and in the process of applying for AL ? Our was issued on 26 Feb 20 and expired on 26 Aug 20. Any idea of response time to 'ready to travel' web form raised

ann12345

Jul 8, 2020
I so wish I will get the same email with 31st Jan deadline. I regretted not travelling before my COPR expired.

If I am in your position, I would grab this opportunity as you wouldnt know when you will get a response from IRCC again.

Hi Friend,
I too received this mail with 31st Jan deadline and do not want to travel before that.
And the worst part is, if they provide and extension and we miss it, they would close our case providing no more extensions.

Since I don't want to travel, should I still reply and say, unable to travel now or not reply at all.
I am worried, if we just ignore the mail without a reply they would take it as we are no longer interested in Canada.

What do you think ?

Rajdeep kaur 92

Dec 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
Hlo my copr issued in jan,2020 and expire in june,2020. Due covid-19 lockdown, I was unable to use it before expiry. After that I raised many webform get reply to give travel plan in September. In September I give reply to ircc with my travel plan. But now in December I got another email in which written :
Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) when the IME results have expired.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via ourwebform.
Now I want to know, whether I do for medical again and submit webform again or not? Because in this email there is no specific line written which tell me what to do next? Please help me and reply if anyone has same situation

ann12345

Jul 8, 2020
May I know what date your COPR was issued?

Hi AGN / All

If someone received this kind of email in Delhi, I received at 3.00 am in morning time.

My COPR issued before March 18 and expired in mid of August 2020.

Extension web form was raised in July and nothing was done later but I was planing to raise RTT soon.

I got an email today asking me if I am ready to travel as my COPR issued on or before March 18, 2020 and expired in August 2020 saying they have extended my medical validity up to January 31, 2020.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hlo my copr issued in jan,2020 and expire in june,2020. Due covid-19 lockdown, I was unable to use it before expiry. After that I raised many webform get reply to give travel plan in September. In September I give reply to ircc with my travel plan. But now in December I got another email in which written :
Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) when the IME results have expired.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via ourwebform.
Now I want to know, whether I do for medical again and submit webform again or not? Because in this email there is no specific line written which tell me what to do next? Please help me and reply if anyone has same situation
It is clearly mentioned that you need to do remeds.

"Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above." The thing that is mentioned above is that your current medicals have expired. See second paragraph in the email.

Please redo your medicals sooner than later and upload the medical infosheet using webform.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi Guys

Just wanted to confirm something.

I received my COPR in September with an extension granted till August 2021, the COPR Document and Passport Counterfoil expires in August 2021.

But it doesn't say anything about Re-Medicals, my medicals were done in December 2019.

Can anyone tell me if I will have to do a re-medical before travelling or the medicals are extended along with the COPR?

The documents they have sent me does not mention anything about doing re-medicals.

Can anyone please advise?

Regards
Disclaimer: Follow my opinion at your own risk.

You're fine till your COPR expires.. Try to travel before it expires.. If you cannot then you may need remedicals..

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019

I am not in the same situation but it cannot be clearer than "The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) when the IME results have expired."

Please get your medicals done.

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019

I am not in the same situation but it cannot be clearer than "The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) when the IME results have expired."

Please get your medicals done.
Wow! Is the IRCC way to tell you to get your re-meds done? I thought people were getting explicit directions in very clear terms that they need to get re-meds done.

Reactions: stels17

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Wow! Is the IRCC way to tell you to get your re-meds done? I thought people were getting explicit directions in very clear terms that they need to get re-meds done.
Sir, I think you are looking to argue here which I am not.

I urge you to be compassionate towards the situation, and read the email perceiving a calmer tone.

Thank you

nayaskumar

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
Received this yesterday and that’s pretty much it.. completed my re-medicals on Nov 12th!

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).
We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:
Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Same here , received same after my re-meds

Reactions: Froshy

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hi,

Anybody who receieved the COPR before 18th March and expired in June/July 2020 with no reponse or am I the only one?

Raised several RTT forms but generic mails about them being "pleased" to confirm application is in process.

Seeing people with COPR expired in August/ September getting their 4 pointers and/or AL makes me wonder if my case has been missed out

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
It is clearly mentioned that you need to do remeds.

"Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above." The thing that is mentioned above is that your current medicals have expired. See second paragraph in the email.

Please redo your medicals sooner than later and upload the medical infosheet using webform.
, Well, Here's my question. Why cant we do our remeds up front?. If that is case my COPR expired May 14th, which means my meds expired at the same right?. and i think there are few in the forum who ahve their meds COPR expired in May but received a different format of email asking for Re-meds. And also, their office itself says not to do meds until asked..Why the confusion?

also I am doctor and my friend works for Centre for Migration medicine as a panel physician. He had done mine before. He said he cant do remeds upfront because they cant submit the case without an IME letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canaspirant xyz