+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Finally! Got our passport request after doing re-meds! Any idea how long it is taking to get passports stamped?

Original CoPR Issued - 15th March 2020
Expiry - 22nd May 2020
Remeds done - 7th Nov
Congratulations!!! Let us know the time range you got to travel to Canada.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Any update from Indian residents whose file is in VO Ottawa and waiting for PPR? Our file is approved in April 2020 and waiting for PPR. Indian resident
Yes, an Indian resident, VO-Ottawa. I am an inland applicant. IRCC landed me virtually and gave the PR status in June. I applied for PRTD in June as I am out of Canada and have not received PPR till now.

scorpio000

Apr 17, 2020
There is some exemption from the current travel restriction for the COPR issued after 18th March 2020......may be those agents were telling about that.
Would you please share more information about the exemptions?

I have a similar timeline with you. My visa will expire in March 2021. Actually, there is not much time left but the border is not yet open. I have no idea whether I should book the flights before March 2021, or shall I wait until Feb, 2021....

Reactions: Garth 117

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Yes, an Indian resident, VO-Ottawa. I am an inland applicant. IRCC landed me virtually and gave the PR status in June. I applied for PRTD in June as I am out of Canada and have not received PPR till now.
Why would you receive PPR when you're already given the PR status? What you're waiting for is PR card not PPR!

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Today, I received response for the web form raised on November 7 to submit e-medical information sheet for new medicals done the same day. Usually, they respond after a week but this time they taking more than two weeks. Could it be intentional delay for re-medicals?

PGJ87

Nov 6, 2020
Today, I received response for the web form raised on November 7 to submit e-medical information sheet for new medicals done the same day. Usually, they respond after a week but this time they taking more than two weeks. Could it be intentional delay for re-medicals?
What response did you get?

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hey guys,

Is anyone else facing a time out issue when trying to log in to their profile? Is there some kind of maintenance activity going on today?

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Did you receive a separate email or just a response email to your webform? If its just a response to your webform then it would be an IRCC agent who is advising you to upload the Medical info sheet.

I too received the response today regarding my webform after more than 2 weeks. It does not look like a delay its their usual response time these days.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
What response did you get?
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: nayaskumar

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
I would also suggest you to upload the medical info sheet by raising webform to New Delhi VO.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Would you please share more information about the exemptions?

I have a similar timeline with you. My visa will expire in March 2021. Actually, there is not much time left but the border is not yet open. I have no idea whether I should book the flights before March 2021, or shall I wait until Feb, 2021....
Check the link below.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Mine is also expiring in March 2021 ( visa & medical both) . Covid is increasing day by day & toronto went to lockdown but lets hope & pray for some good news for COPR holders on 30th November update....they will again update about international travel restriction.

Reactions: scorpio000

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
I received my PPR letter on 7th November and at the same day I received two way courier service email for me to send my passport and required documents. The letter says that I need to send my passport within 30 days of receiving PPR email and I haven't received payment link email and I have only 13 days left. So, what should I do?

Please help as I am little worried

Warm Regards

Reactions: Garth 117

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I received my PPR letter on 7th November and at the same day I received two way courier service email for me to send my passport and required documents. The letter says that I need to send my passport within 30 days of receiving PPR email and I haven't received payment link email and I have only 13 days left. So, what should I do?

Please help as I am little worried

Warm Regards
Call VFS. I am not sure why you waited for so long.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Why would you receive PPR when you're already given the PR status? What you're waiting for is PR card not PPR!
I meant to say that I am waiting for passport submission request letter from IRCC so that I can get my passport stamped from VAC India . Even if I have been given PR status but in order to travel back I need visa on my passport as I do not have pr card yet so I am waiting for that kind of letter from IRCC which instruct me to submit the passport to VAC.
To get pr card I had to submit the photograph which I am unable to do as I am out of Canada.