+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Hi. Our COPR expired on June 25th and we had raised 4 ready to travel webforms since then. The 6 months grace period after expiry of our medicals is in Jan. I got through to an IRCC agent on the phone and asked him specifically if it would help if my partner and I proactively re-did our medicals again- he said "Absolutely not. Do not do anything until we tell you to do so. You just need to wait." He also said that they had received our webforms and that it had been tagged to our application and everything looked good with it- he said it's now at the discretion of the officer who is assigned to us and said that it is impossible to give us any timelines. So the waiting game continues.
what did u use to call them freetone or text now??
im trying freetone and no obe answering!!

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
I am in the same situation as you. Got PPR email on 19th October and sent passport to Vo Sydney Australia on 23rd October through VFS. However, no updates yet. Been almost a month now.
Hi bro I have got My passport stamped on Friday. Now looking to travel to Canada I heard there is still some travel restrictions in place.

juxta_rn

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
i have been backreading and can someone please share how to apply for visa extension? given the current travel restrictions as much as we want to land and settle we cannot. so anticipating that they will not lift the restrictions soon, maybe we can request ahead of time an extension ??? any one can shed a light on this? many thanks

KV902404

Apr 28, 2020
Hey

Can you elaborate about this 6 month grace period?

First time I'm hearing about this. Does that mean they extend the validity of the medicals by 6 months automatically? Is that a worldwide policy by IRCC and where can I find the source of that rule?

Thanks
Hi,
My bad. I made it seem like it was an official rule- that's not what I meant. Few pages earlier on this forum people were saying that applicants are getting a 6 month extension on their remedicals from the day it expired -from a conversation with an agent I think- not able to retrieve the particular post. So people were thinking aloud on whether to do their remedicals again proactively- it makes no difference. IRCC has not put out any guidelines on this officially .

Reactions: BillyWescott

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
India, NDVO, 7th October - 4P Email, Hyderabad, CMM
Thanks. Are you in some Health related Occpation ?
Any extra efforts you have taken to expediate your case ?
My COPR expired on 23rd April.
Got 4 Pointer on 2nd October and replied on 3rd october.
Remedical was requested on 23rd october. Done on 28th October and Clinic uploaded reports on 3rd November. Still nothing is updated in account so worrying.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Thanks. Are you in some Health related Occpation ?
Any extra efforts you have taken to expediate your case ?
My COPR expired on 23rd April.
Got 4 Pointer on 2nd October and replied on 3rd october.
Remedical was requested on 23rd october. Done on 28th October and Clinic uploaded reports on 3rd November. Still nothing is updated in account so worrying.
Even, I did my medicals on November 7 and there's no update yet.

divyasajjan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
United States of America
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2019
Doc's Request.
30-10-2019
Nomination.....
13-11-2019
AOR Received.
09-01-2020
File Transfer...
09-01-2020
Med's Request
20-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-01-2020
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi Guys is there anyone who can put some light on travel exemptions. I have got my Copr yesterday I want to travel to Canada Alberta with my partner and child I have got Lmia Approved job offer as well and my brother he lives permanently in Canada since 10 years. Thanks in advance
Hi, how many days after sending your passport did u get CoPR?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,
My bad. I made it seem like it was an official rule- that's not what I meant. Few pages earlier on this forum people were saying that applicants are getting a 6 month extension on their remedicals from the day it expired -from a conversation with an agent I think- not able to retrieve the particular post. So people were thinking aloud on whether to do their remedicals again proactively- it makes no difference. IRCC has not put out any guidelines on this officially .
There were official guidelines published for auto extension of 6 months meds for M1 category applicants(S1 as per Medical information mentioned in CoPR). The information is now taken away and a generic statement has been updated on the same official page.