+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Don’t worry, everything will be ok. I raised one web form asking for an extension and they told me to let them know when I’m ready to travel. May I know how you have requested this, through web form or through email?
my agent has raised a webform and also sent an email. They did this two weeks ago I think and I received the feed back from Canada IRCC with in 7 days I guess

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I really doubt this move by your VO. Just double confirm if your passport is with your agent or with your Visa Office. Usually VO does not keep the passports and then ask you for your readiness to travel.
This was from the VO only. The PP were sent to uae embassy as my agent told they need the PP to cancel my current visa only or maybe to cancel the current visa n stamp a new extended visa counterfoil.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
This was from the VO only. The PP were sent to uae embassy as my agent told they need the PP to cancel my current visa only or maybe to cancel the current visa n stamp a new extended visa counterfoil.
Maybe UAE VO is doing like this. Usually when VO gives new CoPR, only then they ask for Passport to restamp with new PRV. Anyways best of luck!

Reactions: Nimz10

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
my agent has raised a webform and also sent an email. They did this two weeks ago I think and I received the feed back from Canada IRCC with in 7 days I guess
Can you please check and let me know to whom they have written. Is it Abu Dhabi office?

TheProspector

Nov 10, 2020
As per my experience, IRCC does not follow any of the above. Like me there are many who are separated from their respective spouses and already raised web forms for travel but no help. Just generic replies.
Thanks crackMBA for your kind response.

I am preparing myself to send webform to extend my COPR and I am struggling to find out what kind of compelling reason I use to travel to Canada now that match the list of CIC such as family reunification. Non in the list applies to me.

Should I use the second category (economic) and say my NOC would support economic services, supply chains and critical infrastructure and I will search for a job in that field upon my arrival to canada.

Thanks

Azoua

May 28, 2020
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
5th march 2020
Med's Done....
22feb2020
Hello,
I received my CoPR from Abu Dhabi VO on 26 Oct and I am now ready to travel.
I have raised a webform to let IRCC know but you can only write 1500 words which quite short to cover all the points.
Could you let me know if it is also possible to write an email to my VO to explain in more detail my plan and request for authorisation to travel ?
Thanks in advance

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello,
I received my CoPR from Abu Dhabi VO on 26 Oct and I am now ready to travel.
I have raised a webform to let IRCC know but you can only write 1500 words which quite short to cover all the points.
Could you let me know if it is also possible to write an email to my VO to explain in more detail my plan and request for authorisation to travel ?
Thanks in advance
Attach a cover letter to the webform in the form of pdf or word mentioning your points.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
I didn’t check it there as only my agent has access to GCKey log in. But in COPR it’s mentioned Feb 2021 and that should be correct coz I did my medical on Feb 2020 only. I’m quite worried with the fact that they gonna cancel my current visa and then issue new visa only when I inform them when I’m ready to move. Just scare me with the thought what if they won’t grant COPR again ( but in the letter they mentioned that they will be issuing a new one though) I’m quite worried and nervous
Feels you are stressing yourself for something that may not be as bad at all! :)

Look, our Application gets approved or rejected. Your application was fully approved. All stages passed. CoPR issued.

And entry permit is how I would see the visa, contextually. This next step of course has a standard validity, which due to COVID19 could neither be met by you nor Canada. So that will be renewed and IRCC already committed to you as such.

Things and processes are new for all including IRCC, and hence feels disjointed and confusing for us. Not suggesting it could not be improved - but that is a different topic. :)

Just take it easy!

Last edited:

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Feels you are stressing yourself for something that may not be as bad at all! :)

Look, our Application gets approved or rejected. Your application was fully approved. All stages passed. CoPR issued.

The next step of visa of course has a standard validity, which due to COVID19 could neither be met by you now Canada. So that will be renewed and IRCC already committed to you as such.

Things and processes are new for all including IRCC, and hence feels disjointed and confusing for us. Not suggesting it could not be improved - but that is a different topic. :)

Just take it easy!
Thanks @hinavin your comment.! You just cheered me up! Thanks a lot.! Stay blessed

Reactions: hinavin

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Maybe UAE VO is doing like this. Usually when VO gives new CoPR, only then they ask for Passport to restamp with new PRV. Anyways best of luck!
Thanks a lot for your comments and wishes. I’ll have wait and see what’s gonna happen next.! I hope they send my passports back with a new COPR. Let’s see! Thanks again and stay blessed

Reactions: hinavin

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi Guys I have got PPR request on 23 of October I have sent my passport to Vo Sydney Australia on 28 of October no update since then. Is there anyone who experiencing the same thing like processing time of Canada Visa office. Any help will be really appreciated

Vineetha Naval

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-19
Hey everyone! I got my COPR on March 18th and is valid until March 3 , 2021. We havent landed there yet and are planning sometime in Feb 2021. My spouse and toddler are my dependants. We want to wait it out until April or May 2021. Do we have to let them know through webform or is it too early? Also will they be okay if the primary applicant lands there first before the COPR expiry and then the dependants join after 2 months to land there permanently? Has any primary applicant landed there first permanently and then the dependants? Would appreciate any info or advice on this. Thank you!