+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

shevachuyi

Sep 8, 2020
My COPR expired on Aug, have sent 5 webforms but all I received are generic ones. last week again received the same:
we are pleased to confirm the reception of below documents... we have forwarded them and the information provided to responsible office blablala.

I think my VO is ottawa, no GU no remeds request(9/30 expired)no 4pt email... is ircc processing based on COPR expiration date or something? haven't seen someone whose COPR expired in aug here. anyone on the same boat?

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
hi everyone yesterday i have received notification letter for re medical , but still i did not receive any medical request letter , any one got IMM 1017E FORMS PLZ SHARE THE INFORMATION how many days its take to receive medical request letter after notification letter plz help me

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Guys, need some of your expertise.

I have an onward flight from Montréal to Ottawa upon arriving from Doha via Qatar Airways. However, my travel agent is now saying that, Montreal/Ottawa flight maybe cancelled due to less bookloads.

I have already booked and paid for my Quarantine Airbnb in OTTAWA.

So in case if this domestic flight gets cancelled, can I get a taxi at Montreal and go to Ottawa and quarantine? Will there be any issues since I'll be coming out of airport at Montréal?

My flight is on 15th November and I'm really anxious with this domestic flight issue :(

Glad if anyone can shed some light.

Thanks.

Stnz

Oct 22, 2020
hi today i received this email from irrc

this is medical request letter ?
plz help me

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.

You can find more information on travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Me and my husband received the same email on 5th November. I received the 4 point mail on 7th October and they waited till my 6 month IME extension expired on 2nd November to get me to undergo remedical. I am in my 7th month of pregnancy at present. We called all the 3 medical centers in Mumbai on how to proceed. They said wait for the remedical document from IRCC, which should come within the week and then book appointment. Also for me if I want to go ahead with chest Xray during pregnancy I would need a letter from my gynaecologist. Just FYI.. In case anyone in same situation.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
PPR RAIN TODAY BY NDVO: APPLICANTS WHO WERE WAITING FOR PPR EMAIL

WOW!!! Finally, CIC has started rolling out PPRs in India. A bulk of PPR emails have been rolled out at 10.40 AM IST today (can you believe this? on Saturday? YES!!). This again proves that IRCC is highly unpredictable.

This is a great sign of relief for people who were waiting for PPR since long. Absolutely amazing news for everyone!

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Me and my husband received the same email on 5th November. I received the 4 point mail on 7th October and they waited till my 6 month IME extension expired on 2nd November to get me to undergo remedical. I am in my 7th month of pregnancy at present. We called all the 3 medical centers in Mumbai on how to proceed. They said wait for the remedical document from IRCC, which should come within the week and then book appointment. Also for me if I want to go ahead with chest Xray during pregnancy I would need a letter from my gynaecologist. Just FYI.. In case anyone in same situation.
Spoke to one of the hospitals and below are the options:

A) Bring the re medical letter received by email & ITA letter and other required documents.

B) Bring the IME letter as sent in profile & other required documents.

As per hospital personnel better to avail option B.

All those who received the re medical mail , have you also received IME letter in your profile also.

Any idea if IRCC will be sending this & any timelines by when the same will be received. { for VO: NDVO }

Guys, Your views on this.

Last edited:

liabb

Aug 20, 2020
how can I land in Canada after receiving a COPR in oct 2020? is there a way? I don't have immediate family and I don't live in USA

Stnz

Oct 22, 2020
All those who received the remedical mail , have you also received IMM1017 letter in your profile also.

Any idea if IRCC will be sending this and any timelines by when the same will be received.
Not yet, but hoping for it to come in next week.

PGJ87

Nov 6, 2020
I received notification letter from IRCC demanding new medicals in order to extend the validity of CoPR and PR visa. Did anyone else receive it?
CoPR Expired: May 15
Visa Office: New Delhi
Have you received the letter in your CIC account for proceeding with remeds?

Taqi123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Nowadays at time of landing at airport, for POF proof bank statement is sufficient or we must have to keep bank draft of required money. Pls response