Australia
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05/11/2020
Hi @legalfalcon no luck as yet on the exemption letter, IRCC said on the phone today I wouldn't be entitled to one even as a Registered Nurse. I was however just reading through the exemption list and something jumped out at me. There appears to be an exemption for those who will be supporting indigenous communities (link below so correct me if i'm reading i wrong!). My job offer is from the Stoney Nakoda Nation in Alberta and I will be working in their community clinic as a Registered Nurse supporting the health and well being of the indigenous population on the reservation. So would this exemption apply to me?

Thank you for any advice!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions/non-optional-non-discretionary.html
Hi,

I've just found this under the council orders from 30th October 2020, surely this exempts you from the travel restrictions as you have your RN license and a job? (Please see the link below)

(q) a licensed health care practitioner with proof of employment in Canada;

https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=39828&lang=en

I have my fingers crossed for you! Let me know how you get on.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
AL UPDATE

One guy received the AL today's morning. Please see his timeline below:

Guys I have received the AL today
VO: NDVO
COPR Expired : 18th June
Raised 3 webforms
4 Pointer recieved: 29th September
Replied: 1st October
Followed-up thrice also raised a webform to NDVO
Counterfoil updated: 03rd November
Validity till 30th Nov.
AL received on 4th November (1.30AM IST)

Dalbir22

May 2, 2019
Good to know. Could you please know from him the validity of AL? I had replied to 4 pointer on 3rd October but the IRCC call representative said that it was recorded on 8th October in their records. I have no clue why this anomaly. Other than this, I have neither raised RTT webform nor have I done this follow up thing. Maybe that is why it is taking long for me.

Lak123

Jan 31, 2020
AL UPDATE

Raised 3 webforms
Validity till 30th Nov.
Would you know how did he follow up? Raised webforms or replied to the 4 pointer email ID?

Dalbir22

May 2, 2019
I was also wondering what "follow up" meant and whether it made sense or not but I also recently got to know that "follow up" means to reply again to 4 pointer mail address and it has worked for some people. We cannot really say for sure if "follow up" works since ppl have got AL without this "follow up" things as well.

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
AL UPDATE

Raised 3 webforms
Validity till 30th Nov.
Great to hear after a stark silence of a week. Atleast NDVO is processing the files. Don't know what's wrong with Ottawa VO.

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Hello!

I am a Pakistani national and SINP outland applicant. I have received my passprts back with visa stamped (visa issue date is October 2020) and CoPR. My CoPR is expiring in March 2021. It appears I am not exempt from entry restrictions. I need your advice on the current situation. What options I have or what actions can I take considering I would like to travel in end of January 2021.

Thanks in advance for sharing your valuable suggestions.

Best regards

Last edited:

RedDevil_07

Oct 7, 2019
@13nitinsharma hey mate, have you seen any of the July August expired COPR cases receiving remedicals irrespective of their VOs?

Also, do you think August expired CoPR can get AL quickly since their additional 6months of medical extension is still valid?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
@13nitinsharma hey mate, have you seen any of the July August expired COPR cases receiving remedicals irrespective of their VOs?

Also, do you think August expired CoPR can get AL quickly since their additional 6months of medical extension is still valid?
As per my observation, July and August expired COPR holders have not received any re-medicals request so far. Re-medicals request has been triggered to the April/May cases.

IRCC (be it NDVO or Ottawa or any other VO), they're working as per batches. For example, people who received 4 pointers email on Sept 29 are getting processed first. Oct 2 batch has been started also, but will a slow pace.

July and August cases, most likely will receive ALs as their medicals remain valid after adding additional 6 months.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Received an email from manila vo after 10 days of sending a follow up email....

Please be advised that IRCC is currently reviewing all applications, including those that have already been approved, for any expired documents or requirements, prior to the issuance of visas and/or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) documents. Note that we are currently working on a limited capacity. As such, we are unable to provide you with an anticipated timeframe of when your application will be finalized.

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
As per my observation, July and August expired COPR holders have not received any re-medicals request so far. Re-medicals request has been triggered to the April/May cases.

IRCC (be it NDVO or Ottawa or any other VO), they're working as per batches. For example, people who received 4 pointers email on Sept 29 are getting processed first. Oct 2 batch has been started also, but will a slow pace.

July and August cases, most likely will receive ALs as their medicals remain valid after adding additional 6 months.
@13nitinsharma Do you know if there have been any 4 pointer emails that were sent after October 2 or in November?

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Also from other group..PA in Canada and already landed, dependents outside canada..

Manila vo requested for remedicals for dependents since the PA has already landed and the application is now closed, they will be assigned a new application number, and will be ask to send passport once they pass medicals..