+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Thank you everyone for your positive replies. I'm hopeful we will all make it soon. Specially when its in the best of our interests. Got one negative comment as well but its better to let it go. Thank you for uplifting the tempo.
Yes we will make it, its just a question of time.

Reactions: H@mz@

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Thank you everyone for your positive replies. I'm hopeful we will all make it soon. Specially when its in the best of our interests. Got one negative comment as well but its better to let it go. Thank you for uplifting the tempo.
may gad bless u
and be sure these hard days will be part of memory we will talk about it and lough or spit im not sure lool

Reactions: H@mz@ and nns14

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I am 6 months pregnant. This is a miracle pregnancy after 8 years of marriage. My COPR expired on 2nd May and now the IME extension of 6 months will expire on 2nd November. We had replied to the four point mail on 7th October but they have not yet responded so I beleive that they want our medicals to expire to ask us to do remedical to delay our entry. Which means my process will get delayed since in medical the chest xray is not done for the pregnant woman instead it is done after delivery. So because of this our case will go on hold till I complete xray post delivery. Then after baby is born we have to create Aadhar, passport for the baby and apply for visa for the baby. So all in all I have to almost wait another year becuase of visa timelines for the and IRCC clearing backlogs. I started my Canada visa process in 2018 with a lot of hope. So this whole situation has just gotten worse for me. Just thought of putting it here as everyone has a different situation and we are all struggling in some way.
what did you mean by IME extension- did the medical get extended for you by 6 month in the portal?

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
my COPR expired as well my WP also, so i filed bridge WP to have legal status until i receive my AL or new COPR. today i got ghost update in my bride WP application, but not in PR. not sure what they are doing with my bridge WP application. i filed this application in july month once after my COPR expired.

ninad22

Sep 8, 2020
Travel Experience with Letter of Authorization on 28th Oct

Travelled from my hometown to Toronto via Delhi on Air India. While checking in at the airport, i was told that they would check me in till Delhi as the visa and Letter of Authorization (AL) would have to be verified at Delhi. I reached Delhi 4 hours prior to the Toronto flight departure. Had to pick up the bags from the domestic baggage belt and go to the 2nd floor Departures in T3 for recheck in. I was directed to the E Aisle of ticketing. There was a special line at the front where the travel documents were being verified by the airline staff. They took pictures of the Visa, CoPR and AL and sent them for verification to IRCC or the Embassy (Not sure which one). Average time of response was 10-15 mins. Was also asked to sign an indemnity form for any deportation or quarantine issues. Once they got a response, the staff wrote “OK TO BOARD” with some confirmation number on the back of the indemnity form. After that I was directed to the ticketing counter where the bags were checked in and the person checking in took photographs of Visa, CoPR and AL again. Once the boarding passes were issues, had to go through immigration. I was asked a lot of questions and after that they put the departure stamp on my passport. The whole process took 2.5 hours, and I reached the gate barely half an hour before boarding started. The 14.5 hours flight to Toronto was torturous with the mask and face shield on all the time except for eating or drinking water. Once we landed in Toronto, the immigration and the customs processes were quick and hassle free. The only things asked were the address to which the PR card had to be sent and if I had more than 10K CAD money in hand.

Overall, it was a long and exhausting journey but had to be done for completing the landing process before Oct 31. I really hope IRCC takes a more sensible approach for all the expired CoPRs instead of this mess which has left everyone deflated and confused.
Did you get separate booking numbers for each - domestic and international flight? I was told by Air Canada representative that if you have one booking number for the entire journey, they will transfer the luggage from domestic to international flight.

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Guys my COPR (approved before March 18 )expired in April 2020 . I’m now thinking of raising my first ready to travel webform . My medicals have expired ( April ) . Should I go and get upfront medical done to save time. I really doubt that I ‘ ll now be approved without a medical. My file is open since May

. Also, I want to thank all the people who take out time to respond to queries, god will reward you for your kindness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam261

Arvind Mantri

Oct 27, 2020
Guys my COPR (approved before March 18 )expired in April 2020 . I’m now thinking of raising my first ready to travel webform . My medicals have expired ( April ) . Should I go and get upfront medical done to save time. I really doubt that I ‘ ll now be approved without a medical. My file is open since May

. Also, I want to thank all the people who take out time to respond to queries, god will reward you for your kindness.
First go ahead and immediately raise the ready to travel webform because anyways IRCC is taking good amount of time to process anything. Regarding medicals; if approved hospitals allow appointment without IRCC email then you can go ahead and do it to save time (personal suggestion - do after few weeks of raising webform) otherwise you have to wait for IRCC email.

Reactions: smithplato
Jan 20, 2019
CPC-Ottawa - any movement for anyone? My profile has now remained fixed at "medicals passed" in the latest update section for almost a week now. Makes me believe this is not really a technical glitch.

Reactions: Adam261 and PavD

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone, I am in a bit of a tricky situation, I got tested positive for COVID about 10 days back and have almost recovered. Thankfully, it was a very mild form. I got the 4-pointer mail on 29th Sep and I replied to the 4-pointer email on 7th October, but haven't heard back from IRCC yet and I haven't seen any ghost updates on my profile either. My visa office is NDVO. Right now, the longer they are taking to respond to me, the better it is for me since I want to wait for at least 2-3 weeks post-recovery before I fly. Also, I've been told that it takes time to test negative for COVID, even though you build immunity and are not infectious anymore. I'm very tensed about getting a 30th Nov expiry date on my AL, especially if I don't test negative before that.The ideal situation for me would be to travel by mid-December.

Based on my conversation with the team from Air India, I will be required to submit a negative COVID test taken 96 hours before the flight. Has anyone else recovered from COVID recently and is planning on flying soon? Any insight into my situation will be super helpful. Thank you!
We wish you fast recovery.Hope you are fit to fly soon.I think as ndvo has not replied u till date they wont issue al with exp of Nov monthe.I think you might get 60 days after they send u al as per their latest guidelines.Right now you can just wait and watch. See your dates and plan accordingly.If you test negative by then why is the need to ask Airlines abt it.Unless its mendatory for all no need to go for a test.But yeah you should keep a gap of atleast 15 days even after you test negative as it sometimes relapses and you should rest for a while before travelling so long.All the best.

Reactions: hinavin and pavie24

Mahi_PR

Oct 22, 2020
CPC-Ottawa - any movement for anyone? My profile has now remained fixed at "medicals passed" in the latest update section for almost a week now. Makes me believe this is not really a technical glitch.
CPC_Ottawa, No progress so far, raised multiple ready to travel web forms, no 4 Pointers.