COPR and coronavirus

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Tired and exhausted of this torturous waiting game. Only suicide remains my final option. All I have is sleepless nights waiting and praying for an email but no results to avail.
STOP! Not good. Sorry!

Even if you don't mean it - this is never something that should be thought of. No other way to say it, sorry - it is always defined as a cowardly act which I am sure you are not.

You have a PC / laptop, internet connection, food and clothing and enough visions, hopes and dreams that you planned as well as executed immigration journey. Successfully.

No one needs to lecture you on how many millions and billions of people DO NOT have what you have been blessed with. Ending your life is being ungrateful for all that you have.

Sorry if my words seem harsh - please think hard and count your blessings! Imagine COVID and other illnesses all around us - do you think any one of those thousands dying of untimely death every hour - will not trade anything to simply live? And you are LIVING HEALTHILY!

Smile - thank nature for the health and opportunities!

Best wishes!

Last edited:

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
See! At least you have already got the COPR. There are many waiting for their golden email. You have almost made it. And you have an assurance that you have got it. You are unable to go there not bcz of your fault so be patient nothing could go wrong with you.!
enjoy the time now you have with your parents and family. If you are doing a job try to save some money so that you can take it with you when you go.!God must be having better plans for you and have faith. Be happy you are one of the luckiest persons in this group who have got COPR.
take care and be happy!Everything will be alright
Thank you...
Have received my COPR in Dec 2019. Expired in July. Till then I have raised 4 RTT webforms and have got just generic emails.
I am waiting almost two years for PPR!!!

Started Canada PR application in February 2018. Completed IELTS after SEVEN attempts and 9 months of torture. Got ITA January 2019 and applied February 2019. Got rejection due to incompleteness on 4th June 2019 after almost 100 days waiting. Reapplied Sep 2019 and still waiting!!!

Suicide is NEVER an option. Get your mind off by either travelling locally to visit family, enroll into a course physical class or online, etc... time will go faster once you make yourself busy.

RaghuR

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Quick question- I am Indian citizen currently living in US, received PPR this month. Once I have the COPR, can I for a soft landing by road or they are only allowing people who want to settle permanently currently? And is there some website that explains this scenario?
I have my brother (PR holder) in Toronto. thank you

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Tired and exhausted of this torturous waiting game. Only suicide remains my final option. All I have is sleepless nights waiting and praying for an email but no results to avail.
Suicide should never be an option. I just wanna quote a verse from the Bible to uplift your spirit...Jeremiah 29:11--"For i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
I have read all the comments for H@mz@. I am so proud and amaze with this group. People are here not only to give informations but also to support and uplift each other.
Godbless you guys!

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi where are you flying from? Mumbai? Did you call Turkish Airlines? are they accepting COPR holders? Also during your layover in Turkey are there any reqiurements they need??
Hi - Can anybody please update on this? Are Turkish Airlines allowing valid COPR holders (issued on/before 18 March 2020) to board flights to Canada? I am planning to travel in January 2021

PRAspirant_123

Sep 25, 2018
My CoPR is expiring FEb 17 2021. Ca

1) Can iso soft landing this month?
2) I’m planning to return in 3-4 days after finishing the formalities. Is 14 day quarantine in canada mandatory?

Reactions: Arvind Mantri

nehass

Dec 30, 2018
Travel Experience with Letter of Authorization on 28th Oct

Travelled from my hometown to Toronto via Delhi on Air India. While checking in at the airport, i was told that they would check me in till Delhi as the visa and Letter of Authorization (AL) would have to be verified at Delhi. I reached Delhi 4 hours prior to the Toronto flight departure. Had to pick up the bags from the domestic baggage belt and go to the 2nd floor Departures in T3 for recheck in. I was directed to the E Aisle of ticketing. There was a special line at the front where the travel documents were being verified by the airline staff. They took pictures of the Visa, CoPR and AL and sent them for verification to IRCC or the Embassy (Not sure which one). Average time of response was 10-15 mins. Was also asked to sign an indemnity form for any deportation or quarantine issues. Once they got a response, the staff wrote “OK TO BOARD” with some confirmation number on the back of the indemnity form. After that I was directed to the ticketing counter where the bags were checked in and the person checking in took photographs of Visa, CoPR and AL again. Once the boarding passes were issues, had to go through immigration. I was asked a lot of questions and after that they put the departure stamp on my passport. The whole process took 2.5 hours, and I reached the gate barely half an hour before boarding started. The 14.5 hours flight to Toronto was torturous with the mask and face shield on all the time except for eating or drinking water. Once we landed in Toronto, the immigration and the customs processes were quick and hassle free. The only things asked were the address to which the PR card had to be sent and if I had more than 10K CAD money in hand.

Overall, it was a long and exhausting journey but had to be done for completing the landing process before Oct 31. I really hope IRCC takes a more sensible approach for all the expired CoPRs instead of this mess which has left everyone deflated and confused.
how did u carry the funds? that were shown during application submission

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
This all politics of approved COPR holders not getting visas is all due to leftist idiots , they need to be voted out !
Trudeau is Just a Joker !!
Oh c'mon! How? "Right" or "Left" has no place in these policies. I have several friends who are Canadian citizens and they're overwhelmingly supportive of this draconian shutdown, like 80% of them. Any party that goes against their sentiment will commit political suicide. Boris Johnson just announced a month long lockdown! The biggest killer here is the mass hysteria and fear. And foreigners ("those darkies") are always the easiest targets, when fear spreads.

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Oh c'mon! How? "Right" or "Left" has no place in these policies. I have several friends who are Canadian citizens and they're overwhelmingly supportive of this draconian shutdown, like 80% of them. Any party that goes against their sentiment will commit political suicide. Boris Johnson just announced a month long lockdown! The biggest killer here is the mass hysteria and fear. And foreigners ("those darkies") are always the easiest targets, when fear spreads.
[/QUOTE]
If they do a shutdown to protect cannuks I am fine with it ,
please ask IRCC, then to compensate people who were fooled to leave there Jobs , in order to settle in Canada !
As far as I am concerned If IRCC is ready to compensate fare enough !! there is nothing like free lunch !

SidM

Oct 22, 2020
Just the bank statement? Really? Here people are worried about giving employment plans, lease agreement, Air BnB booking etc.

Happy for you but it seems that either we are overthinking too much or your reviewing officer was in good mood that day.
It’s just dumb luck I feel. The policy being followed is beyond comprehension. I don’t think even IRCC understands what they are doing currently.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
What worries me is that NDVO might put expired CoPR holder applications on hold as they would be busy processing student applications for January intake. This is not new and NDVO has followed this pattern since long. They hardly issue any PPRs during these months. One can see this evidence from immitracker.

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
My CoPR is expiring FEb 17 2021. Ca

1) Can iso soft landing this month?
2) I’m planning to return in 3-4 days after finishing the formalities. Is 14 day quarantine in canada mandatory?
Same here! Mine is 11th Feb. same concerns I’m having! Can someone pls advise?

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Same here! Mine is 11th Feb. same concerns I’m having! Can someone pls advise?
Yes, 14 days quarantine is mandatory!

No, as per current guidelines one is only allowed to come to Canada with an intent to stay permanently. In that respect soft landing (not an official term) is not allowed.

Reactions: Nimz10