Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
My CoPR is expiring FEb 17 2021. Ca

1) Can iso soft landing this month?
2) I’m planning to return in 3-4 days after finishing the formalities. Is 14 day quarantine in canada mandatory?
1) No. Officially not allowed
2) Quarantine is mandatory. Fines are steep if caught flouting it. They do check, perhaps at random - but they do check. Not so different from India.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Travel Experience with Letter of Authorization on 28th Oct

Travelled from my hometown to Toronto via Delhi on Air India. While checking in at the airport, i was told that they would check me in till Delhi as the visa and Letter of Authorization (AL) would have to be verified at Delhi. I reached Delhi 4 hours prior to the Toronto flight departure. Had to pick up the bags from the domestic baggage belt and go to the 2nd floor Departures in T3 for recheck in. I was directed to the E Aisle of ticketing. There was a special line at the front where the travel documents were being verified by the airline staff. They took pictures of the Visa, CoPR and AL and sent them for verification to IRCC or the Embassy (Not sure which one). Average time of response was 10-15 mins. Was also asked to sign an indemnity form for any deportation or quarantine issues. Once they got a response, the staff wrote “OK TO BOARD” with some confirmation number on the back of the indemnity form. After that I was directed to the ticketing counter where the bags were checked in and the person checking in took photographs of Visa, CoPR and AL again. Once the boarding passes were issues, had to go through immigration. I was asked a lot of questions and after that they put the departure stamp on my passport. The whole process took 2.5 hours, and I reached the gate barely half an hour before boarding started. The 14.5 hours flight to Toronto was torturous with the mask and face shield on all the time except for eating or drinking water. Once we landed in Toronto, the immigration and the customs processes were quick and hassle free. The only things asked were the address to which the PR card had to be sent and if I had more than 10K CAD money in hand.

Overall, it was a long and exhausting journey but had to be done for completing the landing process before Oct 31. I really hope IRCC takes a more sensible approach for all the expired CoPRs instead of this mess which has left everyone deflated and confused.
Congratulations on landing successfully! Glad to hear that Air India accepts ALs. Did you have to take a COVID test before the flight? I heard Delhi is making it a requirement for International Departures. Did they ask you about that?

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
It’s just dumb luck I feel. The policy being followed is beyond comprehension. I don’t think even IRCC understands what they are doing currently.
Was on a 2.5 hour long call with IRCC. Actually, 2.3 hours waiting and 20 mins of talking, the guy on the line was from my hometown in India who settled there before 6 years.

He told me unofficially, the workload is increased x10 and staff that comes in is 10% so they are going to do it eventually but it'll take time which makes sense. He said the normal wait time for the call center not supposed to exceed 6 min waiting, and there I waited 150 mins so...

10 x more work with only 10% of skeleton staff on duty it'll obviously take a long time .

SidM

Oct 22, 2020
Congratulations on landing successfully! Glad to hear that Air India accepts ALs. Did you have to take a COVID test before the flight? I heard Delhi is making it a requirement for International Departures. Did they ask you about that?
Thank you. There was no requirement for a Covid test atleast till the day I left. No one asked about it.

Reactions: pavie24 and Canigo

Arvind Mantri

Oct 27, 2020
Was on a 2.5 hour long call with IRCC. Actually, 2.3 hours waiting and 20 mins of talking, the guy on the line was from my hometown in India who settled there before 6 years.

He told me unofficially, the workload is increased x10 and staff that comes in is 10% so they are going to do it eventually but it'll take time which makes sense. He said the normal wait time for the call center not supposed to exceed 6 min waiting, and there I waited 150 mins so...

10 x more work with only 10% of skeleton staff on duty it'll obviously take a long time .
Why IRCC doesn't do work from home? Most of the work and approval must be electronic. It would be easier to complete and clear the back log

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

Hey thanks a lot for this update.How could you find out that the guy is from India?Did he himself told you by seeing your address.Will they be able to process in next 2 months ...did he give any idea?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

Well it was never 6 min waiting... Even last year why my file was getting processed I used to wait 20 to 30 min on the call when full staff was there.So now it's obvious.

Stnz

Oct 22, 2020
Oh that's great! And did they make you submit a self declaration for COVID before the flight or something?
I believe this mandatory to enter the airport. For both domestic and international flights in India. Self declaration through Arogya Sethu app is essential.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Why IRCC doesn't do work from home? Most of the work and approval must be electronic. It would be easier to complete and clear the back log
May be for security reason to access the system... That's the only logical thing, at least from my point of view.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi everyone, I am in a bit of a tricky situation, I got tested positive for COVID about 10 days back and have almost recovered. Thankfully, it was a very mild form. I got the 4-pointer mail on 29th Sep and I replied to the 4-pointer email on 7th October, but haven't heard back from IRCC yet and I haven't seen any ghost updates on my profile either. My visa office is NDVO. Right now, the longer they are taking to respond to me, the better it is for me since I want to wait for at least 2-3 weeks post-recovery before I fly. Also, I've been told that it takes time to test negative for COVID, even though you build immunity and are not infectious anymore. I'm very tensed about getting a 30th Nov expiry date on my AL, especially if I don't test negative before that.The ideal situation for me would be to travel by mid-December.

Based on my conversation with the team from Air India, I will be required to submit a negative COVID test taken 96 hours before the flight. Has anyone else recovered from COVID recently and is planning on flying soon? Any insight into my situation will be super helpful. Thank you!

Arvind Mantri

Oct 27, 2020
May be for security reason to access the system... That's the only logical thing, at least from my point of view.
Such a huge organization with so much investment from government I believe they will definitely have VPN, Multi Factor Login mechanism, Cyber security tools and all other security tools to safeguard confidential information

Reactions: nns14 and sudhach91

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
keep my cool since last 6 months. Not only these 6 months infact this whole journey needs to be considered. From IELTS to documentation and then the copr now this waiting game. I don't know how much more.
mine took 7 years
we started june 2012
got csq feb 2017
copr Nov 2019
copr expired april 2020
raised 1 ready to travel form

its very frustrating and depressing
we cant move forward or backward
but only thing to stay positive and hope
hopefully the hardest part had gone and we r closer to our traget
i waited 6 months to travel restrictions to be lefted here in saudi arabia