+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi All,

COPR expired 30March issued in December. Didn't received the 4pointer email but got a message in my EEprofile in June stating that whenever I am ready to travel I need to submit a webform. I am ready to travel now and have a question, if I was granted immigration on the express entry program do I need to land in the province which I selected while creating my profile or i can land in any province. When I created my profile, I selected Alberta, since my friend was living there but he has now mover to BC. So can i land in BC or first entry should be in Alberta?. Secondly, since I did not received the 4pointer email, in the webform do I need to answer the 4points or just make a simple request for ready to travel.

Thanks
Hope you are not from PNP stream. You can land anywhere but you cannot live in Quebec if you do not have CSQ. Once you have your PR card then you can move where ever you want in Canada.

Yes, raise the ready to travel with supporting documents as per 4 pointer email. Best of luck!

aik8*

Jul 9, 2020
Hope you are not from PNP stream. You can land anywhere but you cannot live in Quebec if you do not have CSQ. Once you have your PR card then you can move where ever you want in Canada.

Yes, raise the ready to travel with supporting documents as per 4 pointer email. Best of luck!
No, I am not from the PNP stream. Also, if there is a connecting flight in CANADA to the final destination, for example, my first point of entry in Canada is Toronto and then i take another plane to Vancouver, they will be doing the immigration and PR status in Toronto or Vancouver? For the 4pointer email, do you have any idea how soon they reply or send the approval?. I got my visa and COPR from UAE but my VO is Toronto.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon could you expand on this please? I'm currently in the UK and have a job as a Registered Nurse in Alberta. How would I get this authorization letter to travel? What are the rules around who is eligible?
Travel for an optional or discretionary purpose
The exemptions under the Orders do not apply to foreign nationals travelling for optional or discretionary purposes. The onus is on the foreign national to demonstrate the purpose of their travel.

For more information, consult: Non-optional and non-discretionary travel: COVID-19 program delivery

Examples of other non-optional or non-discretionary travel:

• supporting Indigenous communities
  • transiting through Canada for non-optional or non-discretionary purposes
  • any other activities that are deemed non-optional or non-discretionary by the Government of Canada or based on an officer’s assessment
  • foreign national coming to assist with the birth of their own child to another foreign national with temporary resident status
Temporary workers
The following are examples of non-optional or non-discretionary travel for temporary workers who hold a valid work permit or received a letter of introduction from IRCC on their work permit application and are seeking entry at a Canadian POE:

• A foreign national has a valid work permit and ordinarily resides in Canada. Whether the foreign national’s employment still exists or they are currently laid off is not determinative in this case. What is determinative is that the foreign national’s primary residence is in Canada (suggesting their travel is not optional).
  • A foreign national has a letter of introduction for an open work permit, holds a valid job offer and will be able to work once they enter Canada.
  • A foreign national has a letter of introduction for an employer-specific work permit, holds a valid job offer and will be able to work once they enter Canada.
For more information, consult Work permit: COVID-19 program delivery.

H@mz@

Apr 28, 2020
Karachi
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
Pakistan
Sending loads of hugs your way! Stay positive and calm. The whole world is going through a difficult time and let’s just hang in there fr some more time! Be proud of the journey you have made till now! Things will happen when it’s the best time for you. Always think everything happens for a GOOD REASON.

have you already received COPR and waiting for travel docs or are you waiting for COPR email.

Always remember there are many like you and you are not alone!! Take care n stay blessed
Thank you...
Have received my COPR in Dec 2019. Expired in July. Till then I have raised 4 RTT webforms and have got just generic emails.

Reactions: Nimz10

SidM

Oct 22, 2020
Dear Sid,

Can you please tell me what documentation you provided when you submitted the web form stating you are ready to travel? Is it proof of funds, if so how much did you show and 2) did you submit any proof of stay ?
Submitted just the latest bank statement as proof of funds. The account had little more than required IRCC limit for 2 people. I did mention the place of stay but did not provide any proof.

Reactions: Kalika18

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thank you...
Have received my COPR in Dec 2019. Expired in July. Till then I have raised 4 RTT webforms and have got just generic emails.
See! At least you have already got the COPR. There are many waiting for their golden email. You have almost made it. And you have an assurance that you have got it. You are unable to go there not bcz of your fault so be patient nothing could go wrong with you.!
enjoy the time now you have with your parents and family. If you are doing a job try to save some money so that you can take it with you when you go.!God must be having better plans for you and have faith. Be happy you are one of the luckiest persons in this group who have got COPR.
take care and be happy!Everything will be alright

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
No, I am not from the PNP stream. Also, if there is a connecting flight in CANADA to the final destination, for example, my first point of entry in Canada is Toronto and then i take another plane to Vancouver, they will be doing the immigration and PR status in Toronto or Vancouver? For the 4pointer email, do you have any idea how soon they reply or send the approval?. I got my visa and COPR from UAE but my VO is Toronto.
Immigration will be done at your port of entry i.e. Toronto as per your mentioned travel plan (The place where your flight's landing gear first touch the runway in Canada). There are no mentioned timelines for getting AL/eTA after 4 pointer email or ready to travel webform. Some got it within 7 days, some in 3 weeks, some in a month and some are still waiting. So do your best in informing them about your readiness to travel and wait for your application to be processed.

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Tired and exhausted of this torturous waiting game. Only suicide remains my final option. All I have is sleepless nights waiting and praying for an email but no results to avail.
Please do not think of that!!

Stay positive!!

Things are starting to move albeit slowly, but all of us have already hit rock bottom in the past couple of months. I think it will get better in the coming months.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Submitted just the latest bank statement as proof of funds. The account had little more than required IRCC limit for 2 people. I did mention the place of stay but did not provide any proof.
Just the bank statement? Really? Here people are worried about giving employment plans, lease agreement, Air BnB booking etc.

Happy for you but it seems that either we are overthinking too much or your reviewing officer was in good mood that day.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Just the bank statement? Really? Here people are worried about giving employment plans, lease agreement, Air BnB booking etc.

Happy for you but it seems that either we are overthinking too much or your reviewing officer was in good mood that day.
When those who haven't even sent rtt web form can get AL directly...why can't some one like him...lol...No fixed criteria..all luck .lottery..

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Thank you very much. So what's the point of giving us now COPR if we can't travel to Canada?
With the CoPR in hand, you would need an AL or Authorisation Letter, which is basically an email electronic letter from IRCC.

If and when you are READY to travel, a web form needs to be raised, stating:
  • clear plans of permanent arrival,
  • flight details,
  • funds,
  • quarantine plan etc.
That in turn will help you obtain the AL from IRCC. Bear in mind ALs often have a shorter validity - such as 60 or even 30 days (perhaps).

Best wishes!

Reactions: Tango1988

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
@

@SKAZ @hinavin
As per current trevel restrictions how can you travel now? It’s only allowed for the people who got the PR on or before 18th March right? So in that case how could you travel even if your COPR get expired? Please advise!
You would need to raise a web form stating you are ready to travel and request for Authorisation Letter - IF you are exempt as per current exemption rules.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/update-on-travel-restriction-exemptions-for-extended-family-members-and-for-compassionate-reasons.html

Best wishes!

Reactions: SKAZ and Nimz10

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
To be honest, I thought I was allowed to travel because I have a valid Visa and COPR (even though the documents were issued on September 17th). Maybe I didn't quite understand.
If anyone can enlighten us it will be very much appreciated.
Now that you have CoPR which is valid, next step would be to ascertain if you qualify for exemtion and / or seek AL (Authorisation Letter) from IRCC. You would need to raise a web form stating you are ready to travel and request for Authorisation Letter - IF you are exempt as per current exemption rules.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/update-on-travel-restriction-exemptions-for-extended-family-members-and-for-compassionate-reasons.html

Best wishes!

Reactions: SKAZ