+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

incan123

Dec 14, 2017
Hello,
I am Canadian Citizen and my wife copr and visa expired on 4th oct 2020. We submitted webform for ready to travel on oct 1st for asap. We got a reply on oct 10th for verified info and forward to responsible office. October 12th my CIC changed from approved to submitted and old copr details removed and showing in process. She got a job offer in Canada on October 6th. we sent another web form on oct 8th with quarantine plan, job offer, and all other supporting documents. Can you please tell me when u send your web form, your my CIC changed like me? If yes can you please provide me the updates and recommend me how to speed up the process. I am Canadian citizen came to india for vacation. Now am traveling back to Canada. I am waiting for my wife visa. We r planing to go together. Her company requesting her to start work on 19th oct but we requested for another 2 weeks. We r stressed out.

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi,
I received a four-pointer email on 29 Sep 2020 and replied on 1 Oct 2020. Today I received a ghost update in my profile. When I checked, I noticed a final decision update along with the new counterfoil. The final decision said, "October 21, 2020, your application was approved. Check your message below for details."

I see a new counterfoil document added with the expiry date mentioned as 31 Jan 2021. Apart from this, I have not received any other notification from IRCC. I have not even received an email from IRCC. What exactly does this mean? Will I be receiving any information from IRCC soon?

I am blank on what to do next? Should I be receiving AL?

My Timeline
Invitation: July 24, 2019
AOR: August 24, 2019
Medical passed: September 9, 2019
Application approved: March 5, 2020
CoPR: March 15, 2020
4-pointer Email: September 29, 2020
Replied 4 pointer Email: October 1, 2020
Ghost update and new counterfoil: October 21, 2020

Appreciate your valuable comments. Thank you

I think the email is on its way..
I have been following this forum for a long time in the background. It has always provided me with all the required updates. I have received Letter of Authorization from IRCC last night. Anyone who is in the same boat as me? Will the expired CoPR, PRV and Print of the mail received suffice for convincing the airline authorities (Air India) and the Immigration authorities before boarding? I saw a post of someone being denied boarding with the above documents.

My Timeline
VO - NDVO
Invitation: June 15, 2019
PPR: February 28, 2020
CoPR: March 14, 2020
CoPR Expiry: May 29, 2020
Ready to Travel Webforms raised 4 times (May, July, August, September)
4-pointer Email: October 2, 2020
Replied 4 pointer Email: October 5, 2020
Application update and new counterfoil with validity: October 13, 2020
Webform raised for status : October 20, 2020
Letter of Authorization received : October 22, 2020
Letter of Authorization expiry : October 31, 2020
With the current scenario and keeping in mind the complications, I recommend you book tickets and leave to Canada immediately before your docs expire. If your GC account is updated with the latest information. I don't think you will have any issues boarding the flight. The info is verified, so you are good to go.

I see a pattern here, the AL's are only issued for a short duration, i.e, 15 days and by the time they send it out we will have lesser than 15 days to book and leave. So guys expecting an AL, be ready! @whyCorona

Spoke to CIC yesterday, the agent told me she can't share information on behalf of the immigration officer. However, she sounded positive and gave me a hint that a decision has been made and its only a matter of time before I receive an email.

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hello,
I am Canadian Citizen and my wife copr and visa expired on 4th oct 2020. We submitted webform for ready to travel on oct 1st for asap. We got a reply on oct 10th for verified info and forward to responsible office. October 12th my CIC changed from approved to submitted and old copr details removed and showing in process. She got a job offer in Canada on October 6th. we sent another web form on oct 8th with quarantine plan, job offer, and all other supporting documents. Can you please tell me when u send your web form, your my CIC changed like me? If yes can you please provide me the updates and recommend me how to speed up the process. I am Canadian citizen came to india for vacation. Now am traveling back to Canada. I am waiting for my wife visa. We r planing to go together. Her company requesting her to start work on 19th oct but we requested for another 2 weeks. We r stressed out.

I believe IRCC is working on your profile. Even I am seeing constant updates on my profile too. Hopefully, they will send out the travel docs soon for your wife to travel with you.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I think the email is on its way..

With the current scenario and keeping in mind the complications, I recommend you book tickets and leave to Canada immediately before your docs expire. If your GC account is updated with the latest information. I don't think you will have any issues boarding the flight. The info is verified, so you are good to go.

I see a pattern here, the AL's are only issued for a short duration, i.e, 15 days and by the time they send it out we will have lesser than 15 days to book and leave. So guys expecting an AL, be ready! @whyCorona

Spoke to CIC yesterday, the agent told me she can't share information on behalf of the immigration officer. However, she sounded positive and gave me a hint that a decision has been made and its only a matter of time before I receive an email.
Yes we should be ready but few people got ALs with expiry of 60 days. Not sure if it was NDVO.

Stnz

Oct 22, 2020
Anyone on this thread who received the 4 point mail on 7th October? Any progress on your status online or receipt of AL?

My timeline is as below
Copr received on 2nd December 2019
Copr expired on 2nd May 2020
Several web forms raised since March 2020
Four point mail received on 7th October 2020
Replied with quarantine plan, job transfer letter, and willingness to book immediate travel on receipt of AL.
No updates or emails yet. Waiting for a response.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Anyone on this thread who received the 4 point mail on 7th October? Any progress on your status online or receipt of AL?

My timeline is as below
Copr received on 2nd December 2019
Copr expired on 2nd May 2020
Several web forms raised since March 2020
Four point mail received on 7th October 2020
Replied with quarantine plan, job transfer letter, and willingness to book immediate travel on receipt of AL.
No updates or emails yet. Waiting for a response.
Yes waiting. 4 PE received on 2nd Oct. VO: NDVO

Reactions: Stnz

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Sorry guys, I haven't been active here lately.

Just wanted to update this wonderful community who have supported me throughout my tough 3 year Canadian journey. I'm happy to inform that I just received my PR card.

Many of you should be aware that my first application was rejected after a long 1 year processing time. My chances of success with a second application were very slim and CRS scores were getting high as well, so I had pretty much lost all hope.

However, this great community kept me motivated and pushed me to go for it once again. Many quoted "Even if there is 1% chance, you should still go for it. You have already been rejected, so it can't get worse than that".

I was dropping points in couple of weeks, so it was literally my last 'ray of hope draw' and miraculously, I got the invitation with my score just 1 point above cut-off. Unlike the first one, I was a lot more relaxed this time and didn't worry too much about the result and application progress, probably because I didn't have high hopes and it helped a lot. Surprisingly one day even before I entered into my 5th month, I received "Ready for Visa" email. Honestly, I never expected to see that email and thought it might be another year long journey. Fast-forward 7 months later, I'm holding the PR card in my hand while typing this.

This has been an exhausting 3 years for me but at the same time it has been a great personal experience as well. I have learnt a lot along the way and have grown so much as a person. I'm forever grateful for the amount of support I received from the gorgeous people here, at a time when my life was pretty low. Thank you for being there otherwise I wouldn't have made this far.

I hope my experience helps others who maybe on the same boat. Never give up hope guys!!! I made it so can you. Patience, determination and a group of lovely people to cheer you along the way is all you need.
Congratulations Sith!!!!!!!

Reactions: FrancineB

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Yes we should be ready but few people got ALs with expiry of 60 days. Not sure if it was NDVO.
Yeah it's strange that they are sending ALs that expire end of October. Did you share your tentative travel plans for October?
I have been following this forum for a long time in the background. It has always provided me with all the required updates. I have received Letter of Authorization from IRCC last night. Anyone who is in the same boat as me? Will the expired CoPR, PRV and Print of the mail received suffice for convincing the airline authorities (Air India) and the Immigration authorities before boarding? I saw a post of someone being denied boarding with the above documents.

My Timeline
VO - NDVO
Invitation: June 15, 2019
PPR: February 28, 2020
CoPR: March 14, 2020
CoPR Expiry: May 29, 2020
Ready to Travel Webforms raised 4 times (May, July, August, September)
4-pointer Email: October 2, 2020
Replied 4 pointer Email: October 5, 2020
Application update and new counterfoil with validity: October 13, 2020
Webform raised for status : October 20, 2020
Letter of Authorization received : October 22, 2020
Letter of Authorization expiry : October 31, 2020
It's strange that they are sending ALs that expire end of October. Did you state your intention to travel in October once you get the AL?
I'm asking because I plan on travelling in November and have shared my quarantine plan for Nov as well (AirBnb bookings). Hope they take that into consideration.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yeah it's strange that they are sending ALs that expire end of October. Did you share your tentative travel plans for October?

It's strange that they are sending ALs that expire end of October. Did you state your intention to travel in October once you get the AL?
I'm asking because I plan on travelling in November and have shared my quarantine plan for Nov as well (AirBnb bookings). Hope they take that into consideration.
Nope. I just said I am willing to travel in next 60 days and book flight ticket after receiving AL. I just mentioned about my proposed flight and using flight credits from previously cancelled flight. I am gonna stay at my friend's place so I did not mention any booking or lease agreement.

I was hesitant to mention any dates as we do not know the timelines for AL.

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Nope. I just said I am willing to travel in next 60 days and book flight ticket after receiving AL. I just mentioned about my proposed flight and using flight credits from previously cancelled flight. I am gonna stay at my friend's place so I did not mention any booking or lease agreement.

I was hesitant to mention any dates as we do not know the timelines for AL.
Even I said I’m willing to travel in the next 60 days as well which now makes me wonder if I should book a ticket and send, at least that way they’d issue the AL minimum till the date I’ve booked my ticket on.

It truly is scary that they’re issuing it with such a quick expiry. Zero consideration. Even if you’re ready to travel you need a bit to get your stuff together.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Even I said I’m willing to travel in the next 60 days as well which now makes me wonder if I should book a ticket and send, at least that way they’d issue the AL minimum till the date I’ve booked my ticket on.

It truly is scary that they’re issuing it with such a quick expiry. Zero consideration. Even if you’re ready to travel you need a bit to get your stuff together.
If you go through the thread again there is one who booked the ticket prior to AL and need to cancel the booking because AL was not issued on time. Its just a waiting game.