+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sudhach91

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hyderabad , India
I think the email is on its way..

With the current scenario and keeping in mind the complications, I recommend you book tickets and leave to Canada immediately before your docs expire. If your GC account is updated with the latest information. I don't think you will have any issues boarding the flight. The info is verified, so you are good to go.

I see a pattern here, the AL's are only issued for a short duration, i.e, 15 days and by the time they send it out we will have lesser than 15 days to book and leave. So guys expecting an AL, be ready! @whyCorona

Spoke to CIC yesterday, the agent told me she can't share information on behalf of the immigration officer. However, she sounded positive and gave me a hint that a decision has been made and its only a matter of time before I receive an email.
To which number you gave call? Asking because..I called them many a times..they never pick the call.

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Yea just read about man who was on oxford vaccine trial and passed away.. let's see i have thought of waiting till February.. then will have to make a desperate move
True, also a person on AstraZeneca vaccine trial in Brazil is dead. Vaccines usually take years to develop.

In fact, a scientific adviser of the UK stated that Covid-19 is unlikely to be eradicated. It's a very sophisticated virus and might take years to be eradicated completely.

GOI is already collating data from state government and other local bodies to roll out vaccines in phases and preference will be given to frontline workers at first. Although, there is no confirmed news on a full functional vaccine yet.

Life has to go on, don't stall too much!

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
To which number you gave call? Asking because..I called them many a times..they never pick the call.
You have to call them through a Canadian local number, register on https://www.textnow.com/ and choose an Ottawa based number.

You can reach them on +1 888-242-2100. Navigate through the long IVR messages and input your details (File number). Call them post 8 am EST.

They have long wait times, sometimes 15-25 mins. Wait online and someone will answer your call. I got connected to an agent after 20mins once and the second time after 30mins.

Reactions: sudhach91

sudhach91

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hyderabad , India
You have to call them through a Canadian local number, register on https://www.textnow.com/ and choose an Ottawa based number.

You can reach them on +1 888-242-2100. Navigate through the long IVR messages and input your details (File number). Call them post 8 am EST.

They have long wait times, sometimes 15-25 mins. Wait online and someone will answer your call. I got connected to an agent after 20mins once and the second time after 30mins.
Thank you :)

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
I have been following this forum for a long time in the background. It has always provided me with all the required updates. I have received Letter of Authorization from IRCC last night. Anyone who is in the same boat as me? Will the expired CoPR, PRV and Print of the mail received suffice for convincing the airline authorities (Air India) and the Immigration authorities before boarding? I saw a post of someone being denied boarding with the above documents.

My Timeline
VO - NDVO
Invitation: June 15, 2019
AOR: August 24, 2019
PPR: February 28, 2020
CoPR: March 14, 2020
CoPR Expiry: May 29, 2020
Ready to Travel Webforms raised 4 times (May, July, August, September)
4-pointer Email: October 2, 2020
Replied 4 pointer Email: October 5, 2020
Application update and new counterfoil with validity: October 13, 2020
Webform raised for status : October 20, 2020
Letter of Authorization received : October 22, 2020
Letter of Authorization expiry : October 31, 2020

Congratulation! coud you please tell us what is the issue date and the expiry date thats printed on your AL. Thanks

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
Has anyone from Ottawa VO got AL after their gckey was updated from medicals to background check and then again to approved...is there any sequence of these updates and by when can one expect the counter foil to get updated..

auroragk

Apr 11, 2020

Tried but I was directed to download app from Playstore. There I got the message 'This item is not available in your country'. Please suggest a way out.

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
I think these status changes are a techincal glich because when I log into my account using differnt browsers at the same time, all browsers show different status under latest update i.e. in Firefox it's mostly Backgroud passed, sometimes medicals passed, in chrome it's mostly Medicals passed rarely background check cleared and in edge it's almost always Final decision made one. I have observed this difference when logged in simulatenously using different browsers after clearing cache, cookies and history.

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
I think these status changes are a techincal glich because when I log into my account using differnt browsers at the same time, all browsers show different status under latest update i.e. in Firefox it's mostly Backgroud passed, sometimes medicals passed, in chrome it's mostly Medicals passed rarely background check cleared and in edge it's almost always Final decision made one. I have observed this difference when logged in simulatenously using different browsers after clearing cache, cookies and history.
Thanks for your observation

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Tried but I was directed to download app from Playstore. There I got the message 'This item is not available in your country'. Please suggest a way out.

Please use a desktop/laptop. Do it on a browser.

Let me know if it works. Cheers!

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Inclined to agree with you at the same time many of them are not seeing these status changes.

I believe if your file is kept open by your Immigration Officer (or if they are working on your file), these status changes are triggered. Moreover, they have completed a system maintenance recently.

Thoughts? @whyCorona @Canaspirant xyz @Lachelle @13nitinsharma

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
ANOTHER UPDATE

NEW COUNTERFOIL DETAILS UPDATED - VO NEW DELHI

Below is the update shared by one of the applicant, she received the update around 6PM IST today. Please see her timeline below:

VO: NDVO
COPR Expired : June 11
Raised 3 webforms
4 Pointer Received: 29th September
Replied: 3rd October
Ghost Update: 19 October (Monday)
Counterfoil updated: 22nd October
Validity till 30th November
No AL yet. Just counterfoil updated.