+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Now latest status is changed back to Medical passed.

Below are the changes to my profile in latest status from yesterday:

Final Approved -> Medical Passed -> Final Approved -> Background passed -> Final approved -> Medical passed

I dont think these are ghost updates instead look like a glitch or bug after system maintenance. Ghost updates are those where your application status is changed to "Application/Profile updated" and once you go inside your profile application status is changed back to original.
I agree. I am finding it difficult to be positive now about these random cyclic updates that have been happening on my profile. Since today morning, I have logged in thrice and every time the status changed to either medical passed or Final Approved. This looks like a glitch unfortunately for most of us. IRCC still appears to be super selective about who they want to issue those ALs to so this continues to be an excruciating wait.

Reactions: RT8

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Got a Ghost update (Application/profile updated), however not able to go inside the profile and look for any changes. IRCC has taken a semlock I believe.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
ANOTHER IMPORTANT UPDATE - RELATED TO GHOST UPDATE & RE-MEDICALS

One guy in Telegram group reported that he received re-medical request (family of 3) yesterday night and medicals were expired on April 25, 2020.

See his original message below:

Looks like something big is coming up soon!

Reactions: Godisguru

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
ANOTHER IMPORTANT UPDATE - RELATED TO GHOST UPDATE & RE-MEDICALS

One guy in Telegram group reported that he received re-medical request (family of 3) yesterday night and medicals were expired on April 25, 2020.

See his original message below:

Looks like something big is coming up soon!
@13nitinsharma Do you know if people with COPRs post March 18 have also been seeing any progress in the past couple of days(ever since the ghost update)?

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi - I have an Indian passport. I got my COPR on 18 March 2020 and have the visa stamped on my passport as well. As per IRCC guidelines I guess I am allowed to travel to Canada for settlement purposes (since my COPR was done by 18 March)? My COPR will expire in 2021.
Can somebody please tell me if my understanding is correct? Also, are there any additional documents needed from IRCC for landing/travelling to Canada? Please help. Thanks in advance.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi - I have an Indian passport. I got my COPR on 18 March 2020 and have the visa stamped on my passport as well. As per IRCC guidelines I guess I am allowed to travel to Canada for settlement purposes (since my COPR was done by 18 March)? My COPR will expire in 2021.
Can somebody please tell me if my understanding is correct? Also, are there any additional documents needed from IRCC for landing/travelling to Canada? Please help. Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can travel. No issues.

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Thanks. Any specific document I need to get from IRCC for travel? I have heard people mentioning ETA. Not sure what it refers to? Do I need it?
No required for you since your COPR is Valid. ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) letter is required by those with expired COPR's to enable them to travel to Canada.

Reactions: payal8502

slayyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Is it really true that you can fly to Canada even if your CoPR was issued after March 18?

I know a guy in Australia whose CoPR date was around April who flew to Canada in May or June without even being asked.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thanks. Any specific document I need to get from IRCC for travel? I have heard people mentioning ETA. Not sure what it refers to? Do I need it?
Your CoPR is still valid and is issued on 18th March 2020. You are exempted and do not require any specific document to carry with you while travelling. Just to make sure to have proper quarantine plan before travelling.

ETA is for those who have their CoPR expired.

Reactions: payal8502

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Your CoPR is still valid and is issued on 18th March 2020. You are exempted and do not require any specific document to carry with you while travelling. Just to make sure to have proper quarantine plan before travelling.

ETA is for those who have their CoPR expired.
Thanks !

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Is it really true that you can fly to Canada even if your CoPR was issued after March 18?

I know a guy in Australia whose CoPR date was around April who flew to Canada in May or June without even being asked.
There are a few people who have risked it and done it from other countries as well including India. Based on the tweets IRCC puts out , the general guidelines they have on their webpage and also any response that is sent by them if you ask them this question, it is not allowed so there is definitely the risk that you might be turned away at the airport or worse still, be turned away from Canada when you land and have this marked against you. However, like I said, people have taken a chance and have reached Canada so at the end of the day, it is really an individual's choice on whether they want to give it a shot or not.

Reactions: slayyy

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020

Do you have a Canadian Visa Counterfoil (One time Visa) stamped on your Passport? apart from the CoPR document

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
ho much time on average does it take for dependent to receive a PPR after the principal applicant receives a CoPR? (we are talking about PA inland, dependent outside). Thanks

mgodara

Apr 8, 2019
Anyone from US got any new update? Today I got another useless email saying 'your case is being worked on'. I raised ready-to-travel webform about 2 months ago and nothing since then.