+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
No my file was re opened in the last week of September and all old details were removed. After that next day I got a medical request.
Even after getting an authorisation letter, my file is still showing submitted and in progress. No new COPR details added yet.
Few questions:

1) Did you receive the 4 pointer email and responded to it? Or raise any ready to travel webform with supporting documents?
2) What is the latest status of your application on CIC account?

I have a belief that you might receive a PPR request for new CoPR if your application status is showing In Progress or Submitted on CIC profile. Stay positive.

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Few questions:

1) Did you receive the 4 pointer email and responded to it? Or raise any ready to travel webform with supporting documents?
2) What is the latest status of your application on CIC account?

I have a belief that you might receive a PPR request for new CoPR if your application status is showing In Progress or Submitted on CIC profile. Stay positive.
1.) No I didn't receive a 4 pointer, My VO is Ottawa. I proactively sent them documents in July.
2.) My application is showing submitted.
3.) They have sent me an authorisation letter valid till December 13. So they won't be asking me for Re-stamping atleast by that time.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
1.) No I didn't receive a 4 pointer, My VO is Ottawa. I proactively sent them documents in July.
3.) They have sent me an authorisation letter valid till December 13. So they won't be asking me for Re-stamping atleast by that time.
Good. You have more than a month to plan your second attempt. Before that I would advise to raise webform to get your CoPR status updated on CIC account. Call CIC call center or twitter to get clarifications and any recommended next steps. Check with Air Canada if they are allowing you to board with your current AL if yes then get your money refunded from Air India.

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Good. You have more than a month to plan your second attempt. Before that I would advise to raise webform to get your CoPR status updated on CIC account. Call CIC call center or twitter to get clarifications and any recommended next steps. Check with Air Canada if they are allowing you to board with your current AL if yes then get your money refunded from Air India.
Yes, will be calling NDVO,IRCC, everyone tommorow (since today is Sunday).
Also trying to get information from Air Canada.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
That means you got Al directly without any 4 pointer mail??

Reactions: Mp1234

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
All the best..I just wish things are sorted soon and you are able to fly with this Al in next attempt.My vo is Ottawa too.I have also sent all documents in July.Lets see what happens.

Afgois

Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hi everyone. I am in Canada on a working holiday visa and have expired COPR issued before March 18. I wrote a Web Form and got the letter that says I won't be denied PR and entry even with the document expired. I am in a limbo situation, without health card, or any rights. I'm thinking about flying to the US (Boston) and return on the same day to Canada to process my PR. Is that possible? Does anyone know?
Thank you

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hi, did Air India gave you a refund or they gave you travel voucher. Also can you please share contact number of NDVO Canada high Commission in India.

Hope all ur issues are sorted out and you travel very soon.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hello, Did anyone traveled or planning to travel using closed work permit, if yes can you please reply, I have some queries regarding travel documents.

Do we need to carry additonal documents apart from WORK PERMIT, TRV.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello, Did anyone traveled or planning to travel using closed work permit, if yes can you please reply, I have some queries regarding travel documents.

Do we need to carry additonal documents apart from WORK PERMIT, TRV.
Carry the invite letter from employer or compensation/deputation letter with you if you have. You might need this during immigration after landing.

preritkaji

Nov 8, 2017
What is everyone's general opinion about VO-Ottawa ?
I had raised RTT 1 on 23 September- Got generic mail
I had raised RTT 2 on 15 October - No reply yet.
There was a lot of movement by VO- New Delhi, but Ottawa seems to be silent.

I had submitted all the required information based on 4pointer emails. But i don't have anything yet.

Do we have many people who got AL's from VO- Ottawa ?

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Carry the invite letter from employer or compensation/deputation letter with you if you have. You might need this during immigration after landing.
thanks for the reply.

The issue here is I am a returning employee and came back to my home country for a one month vacation and stuck there due to travel restrictions and have invite letter with back date from JAN 2019, will it work.

I verified with IRCC and they confirmed that it is not required since I am a returning employee, but wanted to know if any traveled recently using work permit

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
thanks for the reply.

The issue here is I am a returning employee and came back to my home country for a one month vacation and stuck there due to travel restrictions and have invite letter with back date from JAN 2019, will it work.

I verified with IRCC and they confirmed that it is not required since I am a returning employee, but wanted to know if any traveled recently using work permit
This thread is for CoPR holders. You would be lucky if you find the actual landing experience of a WP holder in this thread.

If you are in exempted list (which I believe you should) with valid TRV then you are good to go. Just keep your original WP copy handy.

ramu kaka

Apr 11, 2020
Hi everyone. I am in Canada on a working holiday visa and have expired COPR issued before March 18. I wrote a Web Form and got the letter that says I won't be denied PR and entry even with the document expired. I am in a limbo situation, without health card, or any rights. I'm thinking about flying to the US (Boston) and return on the same day to Canada to process my PR. Is that possible? Does anyone know?
Thank you
Not sure what your question is. Where are you located?