COPR and coronavirus

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Did they re-opened your file? Happened to me. My medical were updated (without re-medicals). Now they say September 30th 2020. Your medicals are passed. And they have canceled my expired COPR. My VO is Ottawa. Did you receive any letter saying that they are canceling your expired COPR?
Likewise @Kiran9999

Medical date updated on file. No email. Status of file still same as before - processing. CoPR had expired mid-May. Raised several forms for permanent arrival with flight credits, tax bills etc. No joy. VO is Mississauga - parents grandparents sponsorship. NDVO processed the original CoPR.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Mine was also Ottawa.no mail.Does vo really matter now?!
Did you mean original vo? I dont think so, my vo is Manila and I received the document request email from NDVO

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
I am in same boat as you two.Spousal spinsorship- replied back to email on 22nd Sep
Likewise. Parents sponsorship. no 4 pointer email. Mississauga VO. And CoPR processed by NDVO. expired 18 May.

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
If anyone has got the AL, can they please share the content here?

Does it have any expiry date - by when they must travel?

Thanks

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
No, not yet.
When did you reply? Did you send confirmed ticket?
May be we need to raise another webform or something?
No I did not receive any we sent the reply on 19 sep. raised webform too on Monday. I did not send the confirmed ticket but wrote that will book the ticket as soon as we receive the AL. They had mentioned that incase you don’t have a booked ticket can you confirm if you are ready to book or travel as soon as you are in receipt of the AL. People who sent replies on 1 oct or so got it so really not clear what the criteria of sending AL is , I guess it’s way too random

Newbie-123

Apr 28, 2019
Hello,

I am raising the webform to inform IRCC that I am ready to travel. Kindly let me know what information shall be included in this form.
I will be thankful for any help.

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hi All-
Did anyone from US got the AL?
I raised ready to travel webform twice and got the generic repsonse from IRCC.However both responses were very different.
Anyone else in similar situation?

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
I raised a webform that my parents are unable to travel before the COPR expiry on Oct 25. Received the below reply today.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

You are outside Canada and your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired? Rest assured that you do not need to contact us until you are ready to travel to Canada.

When you are ready to travel to Canada, we invite you to follow the instructions on our website to notify us. We will then tell you what to do next.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Do I have to reply to this email?

Jay37

Aug 17, 2020
Hi, Guys! I need some help.

I have been issued a COPR in Sep, which expires in jan 2021. I am also an extended family member (my sister lives in Canada on PR). As of now, I’m exempted from travel restrictions with the addition of a new Extended Family clause, however, it is subject to obtaining an authorization. My question here is, the CIC site show visitor visa cases under the extended family clause, so is it that this does not exempt me, since I have a COPR, or does it mean that I don’t need authorization from IRCC and I can just travel?

Please help me out. I have asked my sister to fill the form and get it notarized, but if it’s not for COPR holders, I don’t want to waste all that effort.

Thank you in advance.
Have a nice day.

JagjyotSingh

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
Hi Guys,

My COPR expired in April. Haven't got any 4 pointer email which everyone has been getting.

Luckily I got a job here in my home country as I was unsure how long this pandemic his gonna last.
I told my employer/company that I have a Canadian PR & asked them if I can relocate & work in Canada. Today, they have agreed for the relocation over the email.(that's just it for now).
I actually have no idea what should be the next steps. If I want to tell IRCC that I have a job before landing, how can I tell them the same ?

If anyone has same experience, would really appreciate if they can help me out here.

Thanks in advance.