COPR and coronavirus

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
How many ppl in this grp have not yet recd 4 pointer mail.. Despite raising web form? Plz reply to this msg so that we get an idea.

I have not received any 4 pointer note etc. Raised 3 ready to travel forms between June and August.

Had received one letter in early August asking for demonstrating that the travel will be permanent not temporary and quarantine will be allowed etc.

I had responded with Canadian utility bills, detailed quarantine plan for Mom and cancelled flight credits for 1 one way ticket and a second ticket which was return. After that acknowledgements that the documents have been shared to the right office.

(Applied Sponsorship for Mom from Mississauga VO and NDVO processed the CoPR)

Since then just one generic response in late August/ early Sept. from NDVO office - saying C19 has disrupted processing etc. No reference was made to the detailed evidences and documents.

Made two calls to CIC call centre. A month's gap between the two so I dont hog the lines. Agents were polite both times. But simply confirmed that the officer had duly received all my documents. (note: this was obviously long before 4 pointer emails started pouring in for folks).

The agent also mentioned, we need to wait for officer to take the next steps. No information was available as to what or when the next step from the visa officer would or could be.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
I have not received any 4 pointer note etc. Raised 3 ready to travel forms between June and August.

Had received one letter in early August asking for demonstrating that the travel will be permanent not temporary and quarantine will be allowed etc.

I had responded with Canadian utility bills, detailed quarantine plan for Mom and cancelled flight credits for 1 one way ticket and a second ticket which was return. After that acknowledgements that the documents have been shared to the right office.

(Applied Sponsorship for Mom from Mississauga VO and NDVO processed the CoPR)

Since then just one generic response in late August/ early Sept. from NDVO office - saying C19 has disrupted processing etc. No reference was made to the detailed evidences and documents.

Made two calls to CIC call centre. A month's gap between the two so I dont hog the lines. Agents were polite both times. But simply confirmed that the officer had duly received all my documents. (note: this was obviously long before 4 pointer emails started pouring in for folks).

The agent also mentioned, we need to wait for officer to take the next steps. No information was available as to what or when the next step from the visa officer would or could be.
An Open Invitation to Concerned Personnel - IRCC Management et al

Have expressed my total lack of comprehension before! But there is hardly much left to say or do isn't it!

As a bonafide tax payer, who has proudly contributed to Canada in every way - financially, socially and developing ideas, as who has never taken a dime from governmental agencies, no CERB or any assistance or subsidized programs - it would not be too much to expect the same responsible citizen and government services in return, would it?

This is a highly unusual, below standard level of service from the government. Billions are being spent on COVID 19. Solid 8 months to get their acts together. Over 50 to 75% lower workload for IRCC (unlike health related, CRA or EI type offices). IRCC has not shared any reasons for below grade, irresponsible services rendered.

When all other departments have pulled their socks up. Enjoyed unprecedented higher levels of funding - IRCC to my knowledge did not loose any funding despite record low processing volumes. I am aware of NDVO staff who were provided special transportation September onwards. Good. Unaware whether they were provided with remote WFH directions - but if not - WHY NOT?

If any IRCC personnel is 'sniffing' these messages - please connect with us in concrete way to share what plans you have? (Clearly twitter, facebook etc are reproducing your 'politically correct' namesake messages. No real plans or updates. Simply enough for you to claim you have kept us in the loop.

I am willing and eager to hear your reasons of failure to provide quality service (all things C19 well considered and allowed for). Return the courtesy. Please,

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
Is it possible for you to share the content
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided. For further information regarding your enquiry, please refer to the email that was sent to you on October 2, 2020, to the following address: xxx

We recommend that you also verify your junk mail folder, since emails may be rerouted there if your email program is set to filter or block emails coming from outside of your contact list.

Furthermore, since this letter was sent by email, it will not be available in the messages section of your online account.

If you have not received our email, you may advise us by using the IRCC Web form and it will be our pleasure to send it back to you.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided. For further information regarding your enquiry, please refer to the email that was sent to you on October 2, 2020, to the following address: xxx

We recommend that you also verify your junk mail folder, since emails may be rerouted there if your email program is set to filter or block emails coming from outside of your contact list.

Furthermore, since this letter was sent by email, it will not be available in the messages section of your online account.

If you have not received our email, you may advise us by using the IRCC Web form and it will be our pleasure to send it back to you.
Thankyou so much.I just called my agent.Till now no mail.Wish u all the luck with ETA soon.

Reactions: hinavin

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
How many ppl in this grp have not yet recd 4 pointer mail.. Despite raising web form? Plz reply to this msg so that we get an idea.
Not me.

Cant even count the number of webforms I have raised because my ticket was for 27th Sept, and now I could only postpone to 24th oct, so i'm still doing it

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Hey
Have you received a response as yet ?
Did you send them an Airbnb / stay booking confirmation?
no reply yet received for teh four pointer email, we did not send any confirmation however we did mention few hotels and availability and plan for quarantine, i.e what will be part of medical care, essential goods, food etc . and we also mentioned that once they confirm or provide extension to COPR we will be booking the flight as well as the hotel.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Not me.

Cant even count the number of webforms I have raised because my ticket was for 27th Sept, and now I could only postpone to 24th oct, so i'm still doing it
That is quite courageous if I may say so! :)

I would have thought of actually keeping the ticket open somehow if possible. Unless your airline is changing tickets without change fee and fare difference. Or did you already think of that and its not feasible from the airline's end?!

Best wishes for 24 October possibilities!

Reactions: mnmtkr_18

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
no reply yet received for teh four pointer email, we did not send any confirmation however we did mention few hotels and availability and plan for quarantine, i.e what will be part of medical care, essential goods, food etc . and we also mentioned that once they confirm or provide extension to COPR we will be booking the flight as well as the hotel.
when you responded to four pointer email ?