+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Yiss

Jul 22, 2016
Great news! were you asked about the purpose of your visit (which I'm assuming is permanent settlement)? what was your answer?
The Officer asked us if we were planning to return back soon which I obviously and honestly reply by saying that we were coming to settle permanently :)

PavD

May 20, 2013
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided. For further information regarding your enquiry, please refer to the email that was sent to you on October 2, 2020, to the following address: xxx

We recommend that you also verify your junk mail folder, since emails may be rerouted there if your email program is set to filter or block emails coming from outside of your contact list.

Furthermore, since this letter was sent by email, it will not be available in the messages section of your online account.

If you have not received our email, you may advise us by using the IRCC Web form and it will be our pleasure to send it back to you.
Hi , Can you tell plz after how many days of replying to email , you got this reponse plz?

colcol

May 27, 2019
The Officer asked us if we were planning to return back soon which I obviously and honestly reply by saying that we were coming to settle permanently :)
I'm glad it went well with you guys. May I ask If you had job offers or home leases or any of that? where you asked about it by the border officer? I was approved before March 18th but my country's travel restrictions were just lifted last week. I plan to move permanently within the next couple of weeks but I don't have any job arrangements or leases, just an Airbnb and a plan for the quarantine, so I'm a bit insecure. If you want to share a bit more in-depth what you were asked and your answers I'd be happy to hear them. :D

Yiss

Jul 22, 2016
I'm glad it went well with you guys. May I ask If you had job offers or home leases or any of that? where you asked about it by the border officer? I was approved before March 18th but my country's travel restrictions were just lifted last week. I plan to move permanently within the next couple of weeks but I don't have any job arrangements or leases, just an Airbnb and a plan for the quarantine, so I'm a bit insecure. If you want to share a bit more in-depth what you were asked and your answers I'd be happy to hear them. :D
I had just an AirBnB booking for the quarantine, send it along with flight booking, proof of funds, quarantine plan. No Job offer, but in the letter i explained how i made some initial research and that the job outlook for my Noc was currently assessed as good in Ontario, and that my funds will cover for my family needs in the meantime.

colcol

May 27, 2019
I had just an AirBnB booking for the quarantine, send it along with flight booking, proof of funds, quarantine plan. No Job offer, but in the letter i explained how i made some initial research and that the job outlook for my Noc was currently assessed as good in Ontario, and that my funds will cover for my family needs in the meantime.
Thank you so much for the answer. That really gives me confidence.

Reactions: Yiss

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
4 pointer emails are sent out in batches, you'll notice it soon.
Hey Nitin,

Since you are a part of multiple groups and are the moderator on many as well, do you see any pattern with how these 4 pointer emails are being sent out by any chance? Is it based on AOR date or COPR issue date or COPR expiry date? I know the best thing to do right now is to just wait and see when we get such an email but would still like to get an idea of the kind of wait to expect here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Anyone here got their application reopened? IRCC canceled my expired COPR and reopened my application. They have extended my medical till next year. Not sure how long it will take for me to receive new COPR. Anyone in the same situation?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Guys what is the 4 pointer email ? (confused here)
Its an email which IRCC is sending out to expired exempted CoPR holders to prove that they are ready to travel for settling in Canada in next 60 days. Based on your response of email they will issue travel authorization letter.

This email has 4 questions asked such has employment plans, address to stay, lease agreement, quarantine plans, POF and proposed travel plan. You need to respond in 10 days with supporting documents as proofs.

Reactions: Casatoor

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hey Nitin,

Since you are a part of multiple groups and are the moderator on many as well, do you see any pattern with how these 4 pointer emails are being sent out by any chance? Is it based on AOR date or COPR issue date or COPR expiry date? I know the best thing to do right now is to just wait and see when we get such an email but would still like to get an idea of the kind of wait to expect here.
As per my understanding, COPR expiry and your ready to travel webform plays a vital role for 4 pointer email. I have also seen people who have not raised the ready to travel webform but they also received the 4 pointers email.

So, anyone on, before or after March 18 with "expired" COPRs, will definitely be receiving this 4 pointer emails.

Sending out the bulk email notification is set up by CIC from last week itself, so I will highly recommend you guys to wait for sometime and you'll see the email within next two weeks for sure (in next ready batch). These are my inputs on your query, hope this helps.