+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Has anyone received this famous 60 day to travel email who is not an Indian national? So far we have one case not depending on an Indian VO (Indian national in NZ).

We really need to figure out if they are pressing people to travel or if they are just inquiring. What are the consequences if one tells IRCC they are still not ready to travel and not planning to do so til next year?

Ukraine2020

Apr 1, 2020
Hi Guys,
Received this today from IRCC: Email -IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

IRCC is contacting you regarding your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) (unless you have an eTA) and those of your accompanying dependent family members. Do not attempt to travel without written authorisation.

We are currently reviewing your application as you are a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess your case, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

Please reply to this email by providing the information/documents requested.

Answer the following questions:

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:

· Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;

o address where you will stay,

o lease agreement,

o home ownership document,

o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and

o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

· Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;

o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.

=================================

I am from India and with VO NDVO , but I assume this email was sent from Canada as it came around 9pm IST which is outside NDVO working hours
Please see my signature for my application timeline
Will keep posted
Please advise what kind of application you submitted originally? Is it spousal Sponsorship? Regular Express Entry? Provincial Nominee? Thank you!

Reactions: BillyWescott

KV902404

Apr 28, 2020
Hi Guys,
Received this today from IRCC: Email -IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

IRCC is contacting you regarding your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) (unless you have an eTA) and those of your accompanying dependent family members. Do not attempt to travel without written authorisation.

We are currently reviewing your application as you are a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess your case, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

Please reply to this email by providing the information/documents requested.

Answer the following questions:

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:

· Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;

o address where you will stay,

o lease agreement,

o home ownership document,

o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and

o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

· Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;

o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.

=================================

I am from India and with VO NDVO , but I assume this email was sent from Canada as it came around 9pm IST which is outside NDVO working hours
Please see my signature for my application timeline
Will keep posted
I had another query- Could you please let me know when your COPR expired?

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
I am still confused whether this impacts people with expired COPRs or not. Can someone clarify? I have seen some cases in this thread where people have got emails to submit plans and have got the authorization letter as well despite the VACs being closed in India. Does the VAC being closed situation only impact people who are still at the PPR stage?

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
As predicted the fools/idiots in IRCC will wait for virus vaccine ! Kanada's true face can be seen, I say time for legal action !!

nayaskumar

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
I am still confused whether this impacts people with expired COPRs or not. Can someone clarify? I have seen some cases in this thread where people have got emails to submit plans and have got the authorization letter as well despite the VACs being closed in India. Does the VAC being closed situation only impact people who are still at the PPR stage?
I agree , I think it impacts more PPR stage applicants than expired COPR

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
What do you mean? What is this regarding?
As predicted the fools/idiots in IRCC will wait for china virus vaccine ! Kanada's true face can be seen, I say time for legal action !!

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Has anyone received this famous 60 day to travel email who is not an Indian national? So far we have one case not depending on an Indian VO (Indian national in NZ).

We really need to figure out if they are pressing people to travel or if they are just inquiring. What are the consequences if one tells IRCC they are still not ready to travel and not planning to do so til next year?
Whilst any non-Indian national responds, I just wanted to reflect something.

In pure jest: Why does it feel like those who firmly wish to travel and have done all they can to ask IRCC as such - are NOT getting the go signal!

Whilst those who are less inclined to travel at this time are getting these next step emails!

Hilarious! lol

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020

I really want to know the consequences too, however I highly doubt we’re getting a legit answer anytime soon.

On a side note: If I use part of my ‘proof of funds’ to book airtickets , airbnb etc etc and hence go below their ‘requirement’ is it okay ?? They can’t penalise you for that right?

I understand, logically, they shouldn’t but I’d like to be sure