+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

JOEDIAZQ93

Sep 17, 2020
Hi People,

Just sharing my experience, it may help someone and give hope to all:

- I applied in 2019 from my Country (Brazil), AOR 11/Nov/2019, was expected to have my CoPR in May/2020, but Covid Happened
- Moved to Canada in Mar/2020
- Application was finished, but no CoPR and PPR because all VACs are closed EXCEPT VAC New York (Started receiving passports again in July/20)
- Send an email to Visa Office where my file was being processed (Mexico for some reason), asking if they could send my PPR specifically for the VAC NY, since its the only one receiving passports at the moment. They sent it.
- Received PPR specifically for VAC NY, so I sent my passports there with the pictures.
- Received back my passports with Visa and CoPR less than a week after (Used DHL return envelope), but now had to wait for IRCC to call me and arrange an interview because all borders are closed (GOD DAMN YOU COVID)
- Sent an email to CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca explaining that I needed my CoPR validated ASAP because I no longer have a valid visitor visa (more than 6 months I am in Canada) and asking for a phone or email interview
- Got a reply in 3 days with an official letter from IRCC stating that I am now a permanent resident and am able to apply for SIN, services and benefits.

I was supposed to have my CoPR way before the covid outbreak, at least that's what I discovered from the GCMS notes I ordered 3 times, but luckily I managed to get all the documents in order despite all the closures.

If anyone wants more detail about any step of my process, please don't hesitate to ask :)
Hey, friend.

I received my CoPR while still living in B. C. and all they have let me know is that they will contact me via email. It has been 3 months since I received the CoPR and is now expired and no one has contacted me. I wrote an email to CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca and got an automated response saying that all landing appointments have been cancelled. Did you get the same email first, and then another one saying you're validated? Or just the one saying you were validated. Thank you for any help.

JOEDIAZQ93

Sep 17, 2020
Hello, everyone.

Has anyone here received a CoPR while living in Canada and gotten a reply from IRCC as to validating it? I received my CoPR still living in B. C. and it has since expired, but all IRCC tells me is they will contact me soon.... but it's been more than 3 months.

I have heard of people getting validated either via email or phone. Anyone knows anything about that?

Cansav

Dec 12, 2019
Hello, everyone.

Has anyone here received a CoPR while living in Canada and gotten a reply from IRCC as to validating it? I received my CoPR still living in B. C. and it has since expired, but all IRCC tells me is they will contact me soon.... but it's been more than 3 months.

I have heard of people getting validated either via email or phone. Anyone knows anything about that?

Called them this week and they asked me to wait. They don't have a timeline as to when they would start sending those emails .
But the wait is so frustrating. Stuck in this process forever. It's been a year and half for me. :(

gayajust

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
21-08-2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Hi all,
I'm Out land COPR holder other than USA and COPR issue date is July 2nd.When i contacted the IRCC they replied to me "You are exempt from travel restriction" due to my Final approval date is March 12.
my query is Can i travel to Canada?

Canigo

Aug 4, 2020
Please help. My sister copr is expired and she is still in India. I checked and found that she has less money in her bank account as per the current requirement of approx. 13000$ cad and she only have 12700$ will this be a problem.
Better to add the remaining $300, I don't think they will do a detailed check of last 6 months of average balance at the port of entry, this was only for the initial processing of the CoPR. But I would suggest to make sure you add the $300 soon, as it will atleast give her sufficient time to have the amount in her account when she takes the statements as proof of funds when she is ready to travel. Others on this forum can verify if this information is accurate. Please do chime in.

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi all,
I'm Out land COPR holder other than USA and COPR issue date is July 2nd.When i contacted the IRCC they replied to me "You are exempt from travel restriction" due to my Final approval date is March 12.
my query is Can i travel to Canada?
Sorry just to be clear, your file was finalized on March 12 but you didn’t receive your CoPR till July 2nd or did your CoPR expire on July 2nd?
If your CoPR has not yet expired and your file was finalized prior to March 18, you are exempt from travel restrictions and can make the move to Canada anytime before the expiry date of your CoPR.
In fact, all files completed on March 18 and earlier are exempt from travel restrictions, but those who could not travel prior to their CoPR expiry date have to now submit a Ready to Travel webform in order to receive an ETA before they can travel.
So just check the expiry date of your CoPR and that will determine if you can travel or have to now wait for an ETA .

Reactions: Dhiiaslama

Varun2510

Sep 9, 2020
Hi everyone. I have a CoPR issued before March 18 & valid till Jan2021. I am planning to travel (with family) from India to Canada in December 2020. I shall be thankful if someone answers my questions. My questions are as below:
1. For a 14-day quarantine, can I stay at my brother's place (he too has a family - his wife & a 6-month old kid) at Mississauga? I guess he too has to quarantine? Or he is thinking of staying at a friend's place for these 14 days. Is it ok?
2. To whom do we need to submit this quarantine plan - to the airlines while booking flights? or at the port of entry?
3. Any suggestions regarding the airlines from which we should book tickets?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi everyone. I have a CoPR issued before March 18 & valid till Jan2021. I am planning to travel (with family) from India to Canada in December 2020. I shall be thankful if someone answers my questions. My questions are as below:
1. For a 14-day quarantine, can I stay at my brother's place (he too has a family - his wife & a 6-month old kid) at Mississauga? I guess he too has to quarantine? Or he is thinking of staying at a friend's place for these 14 days. Is it ok?
2. To whom do we need to submit this quarantine plan - to the airlines while booking flights? or at the port of entry?
3. Any suggestions regarding the airlines from which we should book tickets?
1) If you along with your family get a private room and washroom at your brother's place then you should be fine. Provided no one at your brother's place should be over 65 years and with some under lying medical conditions. I believe your brother is gonna arrange groceries and medicines for you.

2) At port of entry to immigration officer when asked.

3) Try to book direct flight. VB flights are reliable but can be expensive or Air Canada

IMO, try to avoid travel close to expiry of your COPR as it will not give you time in readjusting your travel in case flight got cancelled or something else popped up. Things might improve by December who knows. Best of luck.

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Guys I’m planning to raise ready to travel webform but have an issue with my PoF.

When I was about to leave for Canada . I transferred half the amount of POF in joint account ( Either or survivor) with my father so that my father could deal with transfer of funds to Canada. I was trying to transfer money to Scotiabank from an Indian bank. However, the Indian bank had an issue with me being the beneficiary and joint account holder at the same time . So , the said wire transfer never happened and I transferred the money back to my individual account via check . Now it’s been about five months, that pof has been in my individual account. The half of pof might have stayed in joint account with my father for around 7 days or so .

Should I get my father to sign an affidavit stating that he lays no claim on the transferred fund.? A gift deed seems out of place as I transferred the amount my from joint account to individual account myself.

Varun2510

Sep 9, 2020
1) If you along with your family get a private room and washroom at your brother's place then you should be fine. Provided no one at your brother's place should be over 65 years and with some under lying medical conditions. I believe your brother is gonna arrange groceries and medicines for you.

2) At port of entry to immigration officer when asked.

3) Try to book direct flight. VB flights are reliable but can be expensive or Air Canada

IMO, try to avoid travel close to expiry of your COPR as it will not give you time in readjusting your travel in case flight got cancelled or something else popped up. Things might improve by December who knows. Best of luck.
Thank you for your response to all my questions & the additional information! If you may answer my query which I had raised earlier - If my brother, his wife & his kid leaves his house & moves to his friends house. And I, my wife & my kids all stay there for 14 days for quarantine, will it be acceptable to the authorities?

Also, do you have any idea when tourist visas are likely to open as I want my parents too to accompany us from India to Canada.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thank you for your response to all my questions & the additional information! If you may answer my query which I had raised earlier - If my brother, his wife & his kid leaves his house & moves to his friends house. And I, my wife & my kids all stay there for 14 days for quarantine, will it be acceptable to the authorities?

Also, do you have any idea when tourist visas are likely to open as I want my parents too to accompany us from India to Canada.
It all depends upon immigration officer. As per some landing experiences posted on this thread immigration officers just asked for quarantine address and plan for getting the groceries and medicines without going into too much details. If the house has separate entrance for you then I don't think your brother needs to leave the house. Lot of people have quarantined at their friends and relatives house.

For your own satisfaction, you can keep Plan B with you of making your brother and his family to leave the house for 14 days. If officer gets into too much details regarding your quarantine stay then initiate Plan B.

When Canada is gonna open border for Tourists? Good question. I guess we need to wait for vaccine to come out.

Can your parents travel as immediate family members after you activate your PR status upon landing? Immediate family members of PR holders are exempted from travel restrictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Varun2510

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hello guys, has anyone applied for sin online yet. Any idea what address proof to be provided. I ll be landing in Canada on 1st Oct n I have booked airbnb for a month. Can I give the booking at airbnb as address ? How are you applying online