+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

NarendarM

Apr 13, 2019
AOR Received.
29-05-2019
Untill unless travel ban is lifted .... You will not be able to travel to Ottawa directly ..... However you can take London Toronto Ottawa or london Montreal ottawa route.
Hi, I have valid COPR and approved before March 2020 and planning to travel from Hyd to UK to Hyd on 25th Sept. I just called British Airways customer care and they conveyed that under airbubble, only PR card holders/Canada citizens are allowed. Does anyone traveled recently under British Airways airbubble programme.

lariamaral

Aug 27, 2020
Hi, My CORP was issued before Mar 18 but expired in May. I raised "rdy to travel webform" in June, but no answer yet. Since my husband is already in Canada as a resident permanent, can my daughter and I fly with an tourist visa?

I read this on their website: "
Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a

"

aperi

Mar 3, 2020
yes. My husband got a new ppr request. What’s your application type? And which country is your VO?
you raised Ready to Travel webform? may I ask which country and visa office?
I am currently in the US. My VO is Ontario. I applied for Federal skilled worker, express entry.

@Hajra789 How long is your husbands new COPR valid till ? How many months of extension did they provide ?

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
I have a COPR that was issued after march 18th and it expires in October. At the top of page linked below it states that I'm not elgible but at the bottom it seems to suggest that if you have expiring documents you can come to Canada as long as you have a quarantine plan and are settling permanently.

I have sent them a webform with no response and I fly on the 11th (booked it when I was eligible and exempt). Just not sure what to do at this point. Have I just lost my money?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired
If you’re outside Canada

If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada

Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan, or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved
The official word if you go by the responses from IRCC on twitter is that you cannot travel since your COPR was issued after March 18(Unless you have an immediate relative there or you are flying in from the US). However, there are a few people who have managed to land in Canada(COPRs issued after March 18) inspite of the risks involved so in the end, it is your call if you want to do the same and see if you are allowed to board the flight or not.

Regarding the money portion, some airlines are allowing at least one rebooking to a different date at no extra charge. You would have to call the airlines helpline to clarify on the same.

What do you mean by 'booked it when I was eligible and exempt' ? If your COPR was issued after March 18 then you were never eligible nor exempt. Are you saying you booked the tickets before March 18?

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
ughh May I vent?
I sent a Ready to Travel webform on Aug 24. Up till now I’ve only received a generic message that says it has been forwarded to the responsible VO. On the website it says that file should be brought forward no later than 90 days. Does that mean I might not receive any answers till Nov. 24?
I wish they could just be a little more clear so we know where we stand.
Patience is truly a virtue.
Same situation here as far as the mail you got goes. I think most people only have the generic message response and nothing else after raising the webform.

I think they mean they will provide answers in up to 90 days and not a definitive 90 day limit as such but I may be wrong. I find comprehending IRCCs wordings more difficult than the 'Reading' portion of IELTS so can't say for sure what they mean here.

Patience is definitely a virtue so just hang in there with the rest of us. Hopefully, we will start seeing more meaningful responses from them.

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Same situation here as far as the mail you got goes. I think most people only have the generic message response and nothing else after raising the webform.

I think they mean they will provide answers in up to 90 days and not a definitive 90 day limit as such but I may be wrong. I find comprehending IRCCs wordings more difficult than the 'Reading' portion of IELTS so can't say for sure what they mean here.

Patience is definitely a virtue so just hang in there with the rest of us. Hopefully, we will start seeing more meaningful responses from them.
Could you please provide the link where it says about the 90 days?

Thanks

Julia lviv

Jul 7, 2020
Guys who applied for COPR extension , would you please till us if you had any positive response ?
- How long the extension should take ?
- Do they ask for attaching a lot of supporting documents ?

My COPR expired last April - till now i don't fancy traveling , but I am afraid that i might loose my application because it has been many months now.
I got COPR extension in August. My story is on this thread. Now I'm on quarantine with my family in Canada.

Reactions: Adam261 and CA98712

Julia lviv

Jul 7, 2020
Hello,

Has anyone here got a new PPR request letter after their expired ?

My CPR expired on July 9 2020 and last week I got a new PPR request letter asking me to send my passport again to the same address.

Thanks
Yes, I've got a PPR letter. Had to wait for almost 3 weeks for passports to get back.

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Did you call IRCC? If not, try it since your WP is expiring. I called IRCC in May and asked if I could do the virtual landing but the answer was no. They told me if my spouse was also in Canada then they could do virtual landing for us. But before I, the principal applicant, finish my landing, my spouse was not exempt from the travel ban to enter Canada. This is a paradox. We also tried to apply authorization letter but no response. It seems I could do nothing but wait for the IRCC office to reopen.
Thanks. I dint Call, but opened Web form multiple times. I will call and talk about my situation and let this group know. Thanks.

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hi, My CORP was issued before Mar 18 but expired in May. I raised "rdy to travel webform" in June, but no answer yet. Since my husband is already in Canada as a resident permanent, can my daughter and I fly with an tourist visa?

I read this on their website: "
Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a

"
You'll need authorization letter in addition to the tourist visa to be able to travel. So raise a request for the same.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Thanks Nav for this detailed and informative reply. This helps a lot. My primary concern is my baby and we were hoping to have home cooked food and some groceries delivered contactless to us during quarantine. At the same time I wouldn't want to risk my relatives or our own position so was unsure.
Will make notes of these points. Thanks again :)
My pleasure, @gmehta !

With a baby there is added preparation needed - my thoughts are below, see if it sounds practical.

Baby milk, food, quick warming and cooking/boiling mashed apples, peaches, pea-mash etc - I would try to use some small appliances in your bedroom itself. These should be safe as long as you are able to keep baby away.

You can use this for your own simple cooking as well (rice, quick frozen allo, gobi, paneer parathas) etc:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/salton-portable-cooktop-double-burner-hp1427/6000120013885

Or this single burner one:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/brentwood-portable-single-electric-burner/6000201392272

Other choices - and remember: the induction cooker is the safest (surfaces does not get hot. BUT it does need 'induction capable' pots and pans).
https://www.walmart.ca/en/appliances/small-appliances/specialty-dessert-appliances/cooktops-burners/N-7875

Get you rice, biryani, mashed vegies, steam broccoli etc - again is safe and flame free. Cleaning is quick and easy. :
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/salton-automatic-rice-cooker-steamer-6-cup-rc1653/6000196308548

Tea, coffee, soup mixes, rasam powder etc can be wonderful quick meals. Economical and healthy:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hamilton-beach-40989c-17-l-cordless-stainless-steel-kettle/6000196829901

Finally once you are ready to move out these remain your appliances that are always useful in your permanent home as well.:)

Best wishes,
Nav

Reactions: pkhare23

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thanks. I dint Call, but opened Web form multiple times. I will call and talk about my situation and let this group know. Thanks.
IMO, apply for work permit extension and use the WP application acknowledgment as a proof. In parallel you can work on your PR situation.