+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
I called ndvo.The agent said all extensions are on hold right now untill they get approval from the Canada govt.And she had no idea when it will start.It seems a long way to go...endless wait... Nobody knows anything...we are badly stuck:(
Oh no, that was the last time we wanted to hear.

Tango1988

Aug 6, 2020
I called ndvo.The agent said all extensions are on hold right now untill they get approval from the Canada govt.And she had no idea when it will start.It seems a long way to go...endless wait... Nobody knows anything...we are badly stuck:(
That is really disheartening! But I don't understand why the twitter handle of their High Commission in India has been asking expired CoPR holders to raise Ready for Travel form. Maybe there is something being discussed and soon that hold might be removed and possibly the agents haven't been informed about the same yet. Just trying to be optimistic :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If you are in possession of an expired confirmation of permanent resident (CoPR) document and Permanent Resident Visa and are ready to travel to Canada to stay and settle, contact IRCC using the Web form: <a href="https://t.co/yen2vz7cHy">https://t.co/yen2vz7cHy</a> <a href="https://t.co/6X9mxpHZzt">pic.twitter.com/6X9mxpHZzt</a></p>&mdash; Canada in India (@CanadainIndia) <a href=" ">September 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
So finally you were able to reach to a representative from NDVO right? Today? Which number did you dial in?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
So finally you were able to reach to a representative from NDVO right? Today? Which number did you dial in?
Oh woow i was able to call IRCC Delhi on this number : +91 11 4178 2000 and able to reach an representative. Last month it used to say they are closed. Nice some progress atleast!!!

Bummeis

Jun 3, 2017
Hi all,

I'm from Libya. I received my COPR and my PR visa for myself and my wife back in Feb 2020. They expire in a few days (4 Sept). I've raised web forms before informing the IRCC of my inability to travel (the country has been in lock-down for months). I've also written to the Paris Office, which is handling my case.

Anyways, I know that probably there's nothing else I can do but wait, but I just thought I should write here and see if you guys have any advice.

Reactions: Batina

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I have received an email asking to wait .saying this

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your ability to travel to Canada to complete your landing and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
That explains why VACs are not operational till now. It looks like we can only rely on ETA and Air bubble for now.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi all,

I'm from Libya. I received my COPR and my PR visa for myself and my wife back in Feb 2020. They expire in a few days (4 Sept). I've raised web forms before informing the IRCC of my inability to travel (the country has been in lock-down for months). I've also written to the Paris Office, which is handling my case.

Anyways, I know that probably there's nothing else I can do but wait, but I just thought I should write here and see if you guys have any advice.
Travel! Now. Before CoPR expires....there since you asked for advice. :)

Best wishes!

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
That explains why VACs are not operational till now. It looks like we can only rely on ETA and Air bubble for now.
Yea and i really hope that since they are making people send in ready to travel webforms they give all of us ETAs soon. and considering 2 people on this group got through to the office they are opening and should receive some directions from IRCC in the coming days. Hoping n praying.

Reactions: Tango1988

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
Hi all,

If you're unable to travel because of the lockdowns, I wouldn't worry about it at all. They gave you and your wife a PPR and you have a very valid reason that you can't make it. Just wait it out and wait for them to reply. Your ppr isn't in jeopardy.