+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Okay guys, so today I received an email from IRCC that my application status has been updated. I, therefore, checked my account and found the following status:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.
If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to."

Not sure I fully comprehend what that status means as I raised the webform to convey my willingness to travel. My counterfoil expired four months ago and I couldn't travel due to travel restrictions. Has anyone lately received such notification on their profile?
This is a computer generated message. Your application might be reopened for extension and moved back to In Progress from Approved state. Therefore, computer thinks that your application's expected processing time of 6 months is crossed so it triggers this message. Please check your application status if it is moved to In Progress then above understanding is true.

What is your VO?

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
This is a computer generated message. Your application might be reopened for extension and moved back to In Progress from Approved state. Therefore, computer thinks that your application's expected processing time of 6 months is crossed so it triggers this message. Please check your application status if it is moved to In Progress then above understanding is true.

What is your VO?
At the moment the status is still the same. VO is London.

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Okay. Actually I also received the same response when my application was in progress and crossed the 6 months expected processing time deadline.

This could be an indication that someone is working on your application for granting you CoPR extension.
Thanks for the information. Will post if there is any progress.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Finally they are waking up after hibernation. Maybe based on number of webforms raised they might arrange some special flights if commercial flights take some time to resume.
They will not arrange special flights based on high volume of webforms.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
IRCC is lucky that I am just using rough language , I am 100% sure by the end of this pandemic , many people will have sued them in court which is much worse than any derogatory language :D !!
IRCC is sensible and concerned about the safety of their staff. They have resumed services in most countries and NDVO is one of the few exceptions so you can think over once again if they are really to blame. As far as the disturbance it has caused to COPR holders, just wait and I'm sure they will come up with plans to make extensions or ETAs as simplified as possible. Good luck

Reactions: crackMBA

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
IRCC is sensible and concerned about the safety of their staff. They have resumed services in most countries and NDVO is one of the few exceptions so you can think over once again if they are really to blame. As far as the disturbance it has caused to COPR holders, just wait and I'm sure they will come up with plans to make extensions or ETAs as simplified as possible. Good luck
IRCC concerned about staff :D!! (they have staff in US) , VAC are operated by locals not Canadians ! ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, you see IRCC has already earned money from COPR holders so they don't care delaying them (this also assist Canadian who have lost jobs, less competition) , where as they continue accepting new application to make more money !!

Reactions: CanadaPleaseListen

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
IRCC concerned about staff :D!! (they have staff in US) , VAC are operated by locals not Canadians ! ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, you see IRCC has already earned money from COPR holders so they don't care delaying them (this also assist Canadian who have lost jobs, less competition) , where as they continue accepting new application to make more money !!
So rather than complain all the time do you have any constructive comments ?

Maybe IRCC suspends ALL applications until a vaccine is found so they do not take the money . Maybe they should reject all applications received since March 18 and refund the money so they do not have it any more. MAybe people should either not apply at all or withdraw their applications if they are concerned its all about the money, simple solution.

As for IRCC staff, IRCC have a responsibility as does any employer for the safety of their staff as the number one priority, would you work for an employer who disreguards the safety of their staff in a pandemic ?

IRCC are in a no win situation and sure like the rest of the world things could be done differently but nobody was prepared for this.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
What's the point of opening VAC when embassy remains closed? And embassy staff is the responsibility of Canada whether they're Canadian or local. However, since you've succeeded in finding the real motive of IRCC, are you reconsidering your plans or letting them take you for this ride followed by many more once you reach Canada?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Also, don't compare the situation with USA they have a completely different relationship with each other and Canada relies extensively on US for their day to day life. Instead, look at the Covid situation in India before complaining why NDVO and VACs are not operational. Not to mention that its also the Indian government who has suspended commercial flights so redirect your frustration towards where it belongs.
My general suggestion to you is to have an open mind and look at the positive aspect of the opportunity you're being offered if you really wish to succeed in Canada. Once again, all the best!

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
So rather than complain all the time do you have any constructive comments ?

Maybe IRCC suspends ALL applications until a vaccine is found so they do not take the money . Maybe they should reject all applications received since March 18 and refund the money so they do not have it any more. MAybe people should either not apply at all or withdraw their applications if they are concerned its all about the money, simple solution.

As for IRCC staff, IRCC have a responsibility as does any employer for the safety of their staff as the number one priority, would you work for an employer who disreguards the safety of their staff in a pandemic ?

IRCC are in a no win situation and sure like the rest of the world things could be done differently but nobody was prepared for this.
Take it easy man !! why are you stressed with my comments you always have the option to ignore it ! If you see my comments they are very accurate and constructive prediction !
IRCC protecting staff is nonsense !! You don't need the staff to be present in NDVO when you just have to issue EAL , ever heard of 'WORK FROM HOME'

loghman

May 1, 2020
Update
file opened: 12 January 2020, Canadian Class
Invitation: 24 January 2020
Medical summitted: 6 February 2020
PR approval by email: Jun 30 2020