+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
That's good. According to the links you posted it should be operational by now so has anyone got a schedule for additional flights apart from the special ones?

amehra

Jul 23, 2019
Has someone traveled / planning to travel recently to Toronto(preferably from India) with young kids? Would like to know what all precautions they took / can be taken during the long flight.

Reactions: rockmyway

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi, I am new here, so sorry if this was answered somewhere else. My COPR expires in November, but I don't think I will find a job till then. Having a job in the US, I am not inclined to go to Canada without a job (now that soft landings are not permitted). Can I choose not to travel this year and ask for COPR extension next year?
Yes, you can choose to let your visa lapse and request for an extension. However, be warned that when you raise a request for an extension you will have to demonstrate intent to settle in Canada and may have to submit documents like apartment lease, or job offer letter from Canada as part of your extension request. Read the Travelling from the US (group 4) section for more information.

Reactions: Batina

aadhi90

May 12, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Has anyone received an email asking to submit settlement plans after they raised the 'Ready To Travel' webform? If yes, did anyone get the ETA to travel? Please share the experience.

DCSameep

Sep 20, 2019
Yes I am from India. Passport of course went to New delhi for stamping in Feb. But my VO was never mentioned in any of the emails i used to receive from IRCC like they used to mention for my other friends whose VO is NDVO. It used to be mentioned that their docs are forwarded to new delhi visa office. In my case it used to be forwarded to responsible office. Hence in order to not do any guesswork, i raised a webform and asked for my visa office in which i got notified by IRCC that it is Sydney Nova Scotia, where my application is currently being processed at Centralized intake office.
Actually my brother is in similar situation, he is in Canada and applied for spouse visa for his wife who is in India. All bio metrics medical everything is done in and around February. The file is showing pending at Mississauga VO and the representative is saying it will be done from there only. Whereas, someone I know in Canadian Embassy Delhi is saying the it will come here and get passed. Not sure who is right

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Actually my brother is in similar situation, he is in Canada and applied for spouse visa for his wife who is in India. All bio metrics medical everything is done in and around February. The file is showing pending at Mississauga VO and the representative is saying it will be done from there only. Whereas, someone I know in Canadian Embassy Delhi is saying the it will come here and get passed. Not sure who is right
The decision on the application will be taken at Mississauga VO and since the spouse is based in India the file will be transferred to Delhi local office only for finalising the application and issuance of immigration documents.

Reactions: DCSameep

DCSameep

Sep 20, 2019
Btw, the GCMS shows application status is open and the reason is Inventory SPR.. so SPR means Sponsor what does Inventory means.. I checked online that it should be either in progress, approved or refused. Can anyone help on that.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Btw, the GCMS shows application status is open and the reason is Inventory SPR.. so SPR means Sponsor what does Inventory means.. I checked online that it should be either in progress, approved or refused. Can anyone help on that.
My assumption was the same, as heard from others here that the status once CoPR expires should show either in-progress, approved or refused.

In my Mom's case though the application status had changed to 'submitted'.

Once I called the Contact Centre, the representative assured that is not an issue, she checked my file after a hold period, came back and confirmed that the officer will extend once the policy of extensions are announced officially. Asked me to keep checking the online status and emails.

This was back in May 2019, for NDVO, and the topic of ETA was yet to surface, hence not raised during the call. So interpret what you will from that. Its just getting out of my boundaries to infer, guess, analyse NDVO's options or plans - anymore!

Simply unique >>> IRCC's NDVO wing! :)

DCSameep

Sep 20, 2019
My assumption was the same, as heard from others here that the status once CoPR expires should show either in-progress, approved or refused.

In my Mom's case though the application status had changed to 'submitted'.

Once I called the Contact Centre, the representative assured that is not an issue, she checked my file after a hold period, came back and confirmed that the officer will extend once the policy of extensions are announced officially. Asked me to keep checking the online status and emails.

This was back in May 2019, for NDVO, and the topic of ETA was yet to surface, hence not raised during the call. So interpret what you will from that. Its just getting out of my boundaries to infer, guess, analyse NDVO's options or plans - anymore!

Simply unique >>> IRCC's NDVO wing! :)
Thanks for the response, but for my brother's case the COPR is yet to be issued for spouse so was confused with the status reflecting as inventory-spr, will be calling IRCC to understand this.