+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi there,
Is there anyone who recently landed in Toronto Pearson airport & can inform me if they asked about your transfer method from Airport to your accommodation(i.e. public transport, Taxi or who will pick you up)?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi there,
Is there anyone who recently landed in Toronto Pearson airport & can inform me if they asked about your transfer method from Airport to your accommodation(i.e. public transport, Taxi or who will pick you up)?
If accommodation is nearby to Toronto then its better to get a taxi or pickup by someone known in private vehicle. Using public transport is not recommended unless you have fulfilled the 14 days quarantine period in Canada. For your own peace of mind if your final destination is far from Toronto e.g. Ottawa then get connecting flight and use Taxi or private vehicle from there to your accommodation.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
If accommodation is nearby to Toronto then its better to get a taxi or pickup by someone known in private vehicle. Using public transport is not recommended unless you have fulfilled the 14 days quarantine period in Canada. For your own peace of mind if your final destination is far from Toronto e.g. Ottawa then get connecting flight and use Taxi or private vehicle from there to your accommodation.
Thank you for your message. My question is if someone(My relative) in private vehicle pick me up then do authorities ask him/her to also go to quarantine for 14 days?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thank you for your message. My question is if someone(My relative) in private vehicle pick me up then do authorities ask him/her to also go to quarantine for 14 days?
Even if they ask or not, its recommended to sit on back seat with mask on. You need to maintain some distance in private vehicle and at your accommodation if you are gonna live with your relatives. No one at your accommodation should be above 65 years old or should have any underlying medical conditions.

Although authorities wont object you getting picked up by a relative but if they do then get a taxi, simple.

Friend of mine picked his known from airport recently who travelled to Canada from India and he was not asked to quarantine himself.

Reactions: Amir1523

abhishekmishra19

Jul 15, 2019
India

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
An example of a Travel Authorization Letter

Must travel by: October 03, 2020

You must travel with a copy of this letter and with your passport as proof of your authorization to travel to Canada.

On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of Covid-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Your application for permanent residence was approved on 2019/07/03 and you have received a confirmation of permanent residence (CRP). If you are from a country subject to visa requirements for travel to Canada, you have also received a permanent residence visa sticker in your passport.

As your application for permanent residence has been approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from travel restrictions.

As your CRP and Permanent Residence Visa (VRP) expire on 2020/06/03, we have extended their validity until 2020/10/31.

We do not currently print or mail new CRPs and VRPs. To travel to Canada, you will need to:

~ bring this letter, along with your original CRP and VRP.
~ show it to the airline agent as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that your new CRP and VRP are valid.
~ use this letter before October 03, 2020
~ make sure you can transit or will travel through other countries with your suggested flight route.

Please note that you must also have a valid passport to travel to Canada, and that you will need to show this letter to a Canada Border Services Agency officer when you arrive in Canada.

If you are unable to travel by the expiration date of this letter, on October 03, 2020 IRCC will leave your application for permanent residence open and you will have to go through the CRP and VRP issuance process again. when you are able to travel to Canada.

You must follow the public health measures below if you plan to travel to Canada:

~ If you are traveling by air, you will need to have a medical check-up before you are allowed to board your flight and wear a non-medical mask or face cover during the trip (including where you will be. in quarantine). Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel to Canada. If you know you are sick, put off your travel plans until you feel well.

~ When you arrive in Canada, you will need to quarantine (self-isolate) for 14 days and watch for symptoms. You will need to have a plan for how you will quarantine yourself for 14 days when you arrive in Canada and where you will get medical treatment if you become ill.

~ During your quarantine, you will not be able to leave your accommodation for any reason. If you don't have a quarantine plan, which includes how you will purchase groceries and access other essential services, please create one first before traveling. The Government of Canada does not pay for accommodation costs once you are in the country.

~ Your compliance with this decree may be subject to monitoring, auditing, and enforcement action. Those who fail to comply could be held in a quarantine facility, fined or imprisoned.
plz
share ur landing experience.

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
finally air bubble with Canada.
"Ministry of Civil Aviation has confirmed that air travellers holding valid visa of all kind are allowed to travel to US, UK, Canada and UAE under the bilateral Air Bubble agreement with these countries, easing the travel for all type of Visa holders including tourist, business, student and transit visas. "

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/tourists-can-now-fly-to-the-us-uk-canada-uae-under-air-bubble-agreement-all-visas-allowed-2779149.html
This is a MAJOR development, if true.
Logically, it comes just in time for the Air Canada flights. The only suspicion is that No official Tweet has gone out, and no other news channel is carrying this news. I'd wait until more news portals announce this (indian express, india-today, at least).

User0403

Apr 4, 2019
Is there any time limit to apply for extension from the date of expiration of our COPR. My COPR expired in April but I want to avoid traveling right now so do you think they will grant us extension if I submit the ready to travel webform few months later?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
finally air bubble with Canada.
"Ministry of Civil Aviation has confirmed that air travellers holding valid visa of all kind are allowed to travel to US, UK, Canada and UAE under the bilateral Air Bubble agreement with these countries, easing the travel for all type of Visa holders including tourist, business, student and transit visas. "

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/tourists-can-now-fly-to-the-us-uk-canada-uae-under-air-bubble-agreement-all-visas-allowed-2779149.html
Wow!!I just hope its true.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hi there,
Nothing, they never asked me anything like that, and as per my experience with other folks, they are not checking this,

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thank you, @crackMBA
Yes, I did see that post but, they still have not received their passports back from what I am seeing.

@dashing_warrior, that's the dilemma that I am in. I do not want any uncertainty around extension. I only have 20 days to make a choice.

@adityacs007, this is going to be a tough choice as I am in transition from F1 to H1B. I will need to work things out with my employer for me to not lose H1B so that I can come back after Dec 31st, 2020. I am breaking my head here LOL.
I would advice you to move if you are clear with your USA Visa stuff. There are regular flights between USA and Canada connecting all the major cities.
You can fly back to USA after 15-20 days and work in USA.
Make sure to get your PR Card delivered to a safe address as you would need it while flying back to Canada.

Talk to your employer. Currently, everyone is working from home. Employer should be fine with this.

Hope this helps.
All the best.
Let us know about your progress.

Reactions: hinavin

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi all, really grateful of everyone posting here and helping others.

So, i am from india.. my copr expired on May 9th 2020, and now last week i filled a webform and received a generic response that they have forwarded my request to the responsible office and also suggested me to contact visa office in delhi. So while i wait for a response from the "responsible office", i wrote to the delhi immigration and their response was also automated & generic but it had a section that said:

"Unfortunately, we're unable to provide timelines on processing Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) extensions. We continue to work as quickly as possible to process applications we have received during the pandemic.
We will send an electronic authorization letter with further instructions on travelling to Canada and landing as a PR once we have assessed whether travel exemptions have been met."

• Is this as expected?
  • Is everybody getting responses like these from IRCC & other contacts?
  • Has anyone from India got an extension?
  • Or does everything depends upon vfs office services resume?
  • If anyone has got a positive repsonse, could you please help me what else do i need to write in the webform? Anything specific?

Thanks in advance to everyone.
When I raised "unable to travel" form back in May I received similar generic response that "they have forwarded my request to the responsible office". After 2-3 days I received a response from my Visa processing Unit(Vancouver).

You must also receive something. Wait for some time.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
This is a MAJOR development, if true.
Logically, it comes just in time for the Air Canada flights. The only suspicion is that No official Tweet has gone out, and no other news channel is carrying this news. I'd wait until more news portals announce this (indian express, india-today, at least).
Agreed. I would like to see the source memorandum/letter rather than an interpretation of the wording by some reporter on one website. Keep your expectations low, people--we've been unnecessarily excited before to no avail.