SueyZA

Jul 4, 2020
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cape Town
Hi Suey,
My husband and I are in a similar situation with our visa expiring in August. We will be unable to travel before then as the Indian govt has not allowed operation of any international flights and we cannot adhere to the 14 day quarantine rules in Canada
Is there is a specific 'Ready to Travel' form which you raised? everywhere I go I get to this page - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

Can you please help me with how you went about submitting the 'Ready to Travel' form.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Pathis
This is the link I used:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

As far as I know, there is no specific form to say you are ready to travel. You just have to tell them that in the form.
Good luck!
:)

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
Anybody has any idea on this? There were few posts here with people in the same position so just want to be sure if they have received any similar communication.
Hello

Like you, my passport too got stamped post March 18 and since VFS was shut my passport too was stuck.

I got the following SMS from VFS on 3rd July 2020:

Due to the ongoing COVID situation, the Visa Application Centres are closed. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Kindly contact 022 67866057 (Monday- Friday , 8 AM till 5 PM) to arrange for delivery of your decision envelope. Please refer to the Service and Service Charge Schedule page on the VFS website https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/Service_and_Service_Charge for further information on courier services offered by the VAC

Yes, I did notice that the link is broken here.

What happens when you call this number is that they verify your details over call, send you a link using over SMS and then you pay for the courier service using this link. Yes, it does sound fraudulent - sharing links for payment using SMS, but I did get my passport delivered via Blue Dart in 3-4 days. So you can trust this. They charge INR 450 per passport. I'd recommend, that you do this, since it looks like VFS won't allow in-person collection of passports anytime soon.

Kindly be patient when you make the call, it took me close to 45 minutes to get through. But they are very nice and guide you well.

Hope you recieve your passport as soon as possible.

Good luck and take care!

Reactions: y2kunal

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Apparenty, yes - in this specific case - the consulate provided authorization letter so the person could land in Canada as permanent resident.
Could you pls collect precise details like may be a pic of authorisation letter.Are you in touch with that person?Thanks.

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hi guys, forgive me for posting this again: Has anyone raised a 'Ready to Travel' webform, but your copr hasn't yet expired?

But he had an expired copr. I'm interested in 'soon-to-expire' COPR.
Why you need to raise ready for travel if COPR has not yet expired? Is COPR issued after 18-Mar-20? If yes you can raise the webform to request for authorization to travel.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hi guys, forgive me for posting this again: Has anyone raised a 'Ready to Travel' webform, but your copr hasn't yet expired?

But he had an expired copr. I'm interested in 'soon-to-expire' COPR.
Why do you need to raise a "Ready to travel" if your COPR hasn't expired yet? You may simply travel, isn't that what they have been encouraging in their responses to people who have raised webforms??

Reactions: crackMBA

Mannal

Sep 12, 2019
Hi guys,

I have applied FSW Express Entry on Dec. 11, 2019 inland. I was wondering if anyone has applied during that time frame and got the COPR. Thanks in advance!

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Don't expect the same level of professionalism from the VACs, most of the people who work there seem young and have minimal education so yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they are sending texts that don't appear to be legitimate.
Also you aren't sharing details. Why VAC in Russia? Did you send your passport to them?
Hi, thanks for replying. I was just not sure if it is them and I know there are/were others here in the same situation. Basically, I was looking for validation as in if others have received the same communication. They shared my tracking ID in the email which gave it some credibility but I just want to be sure. All the details are actually in the quote in the post you quoted. I had personally delivered my passport to Canadian VAC in Mumbai and didn't apply for the courier service. Received the collection message just near lockdown so couldn't collect it.

Hello

Like you, my passport too got stamped post March 18 and since VFS was shut my passport too was stuck.

I got the following SMS from VFS on 3rd July 2020:

Due to the ongoing COVID situation, the Visa Application Centres are closed. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Kindly contact 022 67866057 (Monday- Friday , 8 AM till 5 PM) to arrange for delivery of your decision envelope. Please refer to the Service and Service Charge Schedule page on the VFS website https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/Service_and_Service_Charge for further information on courier services offered by the VAC

Yes, I did notice that the link is broken here.

What happens when you call this number is that they verify your details over call, send you a link using over SMS and then you pay for the courier service using this link. Yes, it does sound fraudulent - sharing links for payment using SMS, but I did get my passport delivered via Blue Dart in 3-4 days. So you can trust this. They charge INR 450 per passport. I'd recommend, that you do this, since it looks like VFS won't allow in-person collection of passports anytime soon.

Kindly be patient when you make the call, it took me close to 45 minutes to get through. But they are very nice and guide you well.

Hope you recieve your passport as soon as possible.

Good luck and take care!
Thank you so much for replying and thanks for the details. Really appreciate it. Now I know it is safe and what when of it. I received the SMS weeks ago. Glad I finally asked here. I will try calling them tomorrow. You remember what details they ask for? I want to be ready with the information when I call them after waiting for as long. Thanks again. Hoping I receive my decision envelope soon - atleast I will be able to see my COPR lol if not be able to use it yet.

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
Hi, thanks for replying. I was just not sure if it is them and I know there are/were others here in the same situation. Basically, I was looking for validation as in if others have received the same communication. They shared my tracking ID in the email which gave it some credibility but I just want to be sure. All the details are actually in the quote in the post you quoted. I had personally delivered my passport to Canadian VAC in Mumbai and didn't apply for the courier service. Received the collection message just near lockdown so couldn't collect it.

Thank you so much for replying and thanks for the details. Really appreciate it. Now I know it is safe and what when of it. I received the SMS weeks ago. Glad I finally asked here. I will try calling them tomorrow. You remember what details they ask for? I want to be ready with the information when I call them after waiting for as long. Thanks again. Hoping I receive my decision envelope soon - atleast I will be able to see my COPR lol if not be able to use it yet.
Happy to help! I don't remember all details, because everything was verbal communication, but what I do remember is that they asked for my name, address, contact number, some details from the receipt that was given when your passport was submitted. Also keep your debit/credit card handy for making online payment. Once you make the payment, you should get the passport in 3-4 days. If I recall correctly, you can do this while you are on call with VFS.

Good luck!

Reactions: y2kunal

Chiya89

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Happy to help! I don't remember all details, because everything was verbal communication, but what I do remember is that they asked for my name, address, contact number, some details from the receipt that was given when your passport was submitted. Also keep your debit/credit card handy for making online payment. Once you make the payment, you should get the passport in 3-4 days. If I recall correctly, you can do this while you are on call with VFS.

Good luck!
Hi my parents passport is stuck at VFS too . Did VFS contact you once they had your passport.