+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
Once you are done your quarantine service Ontario offices are now open for you to register and take your picture.
If we have to wait to get out of quarentine to register, it would mean we have to arrange private health care for two weeks atleast. I was hoping they can do registration remotely

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hey guys my spouse and kid 1 yr old are stuck in delhi.. they are PR. Wife Has b1/b2 but kid does not have.. what are the optionS to travel back to Canada?

nightsun

Jul 11, 2020
When I reached out to IRCC, they only told me that "if your documents are expiring or have already expired, rest assured that you do not need to contact us until you are ready to come to Canada". It isn't very inspiring of confidence, but I guess I don't have much of a choice. It doesn't help that my flights were cancelled, too. I wish I could just get an explicit "your CoPR has been extended for another x amount of months" instead of hoping the government doesn't deny my CoPR once it lapses.

Snuzhat

Sep 4, 2019
When I reached out to IRCC, they only told me that "if your documents are expiring or have already expired, rest assured that you do not need to contact us until you are ready to come to Canada". It isn't very inspiring of confidence, but I guess I don't have much of a choice. It doesn't help that my flights were cancelled, too. I wish I could just get an explicit "your CoPR has been extended for another x amount of months" instead of hoping the government doesn't deny my CoPR once it lapses.
I find this term ' ready to come' vague coz we all want to but if thy r not giving us extension how can we prepare to travel. I smtimes feel like we(indians) need to raise ready to travel webform as i dnt want to travel in winters it will be very difficult. i dnt understand whats going on. I guess thy r asking ready to travel webform coz thy want to be assured that WE ARE READY TO SETTLE IN CANADA. I also feel if we raise webform and if thy process our exxtension it can take around 1-2 months from now so it will b september and flights will b normal around that time. And in another scenario if we keep waiting for all otger things to start and normalise then we will b able to travel in 2021. I want to settle down as soon as possible.

Bijo George

Sep 20, 2018
hi , I have raised a ready to travel webform and below is the reply I got from NDVO

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting the High Commission of Canada in India.

If you have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document and you have not yet travelled to Canada and had your landing interview, you are still a foreign national. This means that you are subject to the restrictions and cannot travel to Canada until the restrictions is lifted. If your counterfoil expires prior to the restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full service resume.

We recommend you continue to check with airlines / travel agents in case commercial flights become available post-lockdown in India.

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you cannot find the answer through the information and helpful links on our facebook page

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Migration Section, High Commission of Canada | Section de migration, Haut-commissariat du Canada

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, India

e-mail: delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
hi , I have raised a ready to travel webform and below is the reply I got from NDVO

Dear Sir/Madam,

If you have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document and you have not yet travelled to Canada and had your landing interview, you are still a foreign national. This means that you are subject to the restrictions and cannot travel to Canada until the restrictions is lifted. If your counterfoil expires prior to the restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full service resume.

We recommend you continue to check with airlines / travel agents in case commercial flights become available post-lockdown in India.

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you cannot find the answer through the information and helpful links on our facebook page

Migration Section, High Commission of Canada | Section de migration, Haut-commissariat du Canada

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Did you provide the details about permanent settlement plan, Job and quarantine plan they are asking ?

KirtiP

May 19, 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

Are they really not going to do anything until their full office resumes?! God alone knows when its happening...do they not understand that we cannot avail any VBM flights as well because of their lack of providing next steps...there is no correlation with what is written on IRCC website and what the local VO offices are upto...looks like they will care to tell us something concrete only when the commercial flights operate, which is not on the agenda anywhere for the aviation minister....and so the wait continues eternally

Reactions: BS85

Kjeet

Sep 1, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Is ur Copr issue date before March 18, 2020? I am planning to go next week. Tickets are bookef n it is a surprise. copr holders flew earlier also.

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
Did you provide the details about permanent settlement plan, Job and quarantine plan they are asking ?
I have provided all details in my ready to travel web form...I won't be surprised if they come back giving this generic email response. Will understand by next week.

Kjeet

Sep 1, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Is ur copr expired?

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
I have provided all details in my ready to travel web form...I won't be surprised if they come back giving this generic email response. Will understand by next week.
I got the below response after raising ready to travel form :
Not sure what they mean by 'processing unit'

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

We acknowledge to have received your below email and it has been forwarded to respective processing unit.

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is functioning with reduced staff. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate.

Sincerely,

Client Service Unit, Migration | Unité du Service à la clientele, migration-08.

High Commission of Canada in India | Haut commissariat du Canada en Inde

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.canada.ca/CanadaAndIndia | www.canada.ca/CanadaEtInde

www.canada.ca/immigration