+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Nishm14

Apr 8, 2020
Hi,

I am from India and my COPR expired on 23rd April 2020 and I raised a web form asking IRCC for change of address since I moved from Mumbai to Delhi, however the link they shared for address change never works.. I have tried it multiple times. Is anyone facing a similar situation? Should I just avoid updating my address and if not, then how to change it since the link doesnt work?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, assuming that the Canadian travel restrictions end on July 31 as planned, do you think that means softlandings won't be prohibited anymore?
Many from the US are still doing soft landings. They are travelling for 14 days. Now that covid has exploded in the US they may be much more strict.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, How do we apply to OHIP when we arrive in the current state? It used to be we have to do it in person. Can this be done remotely now?
Once you are done your quarantine service Ontario offices are now open for you to register and take your picture.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
NOICE. :cool:

A very good move to give one-year extension, because if they gave 3 months or so, there is a very good possibility of plans being wrecked again by COVID events, resulting in a loop of re-issuing COPRs.

If this same pattern is followed, it'll allow people to arrive as quickly as possible into Canada if travel permits, or wait a bit longer (if their position at home country is stable) for commercial airlines to operate and stabilize. Many congrats on your extension and hope you can kick-start your new life in Canada soon!
Will be interesting to see if different countries get different expiry dates.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Normal flights may not happen based on current situation, in fact the rate of infection in India is increasing at high speed , there is high chance they may ban travel like they have done with USA. The embassy should just speed up the COPR extension (use e-visas) so that people can use the VB flights to permanently settle , before things worsen .
They have already become bad enough that many who are infected around the world are arriving on flights into Canada. That is why Canada is limiting flights to protect our lower levels.

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Anyone planning to take VBM Air India flights from Delhi to Frankfurt/Paris and then Air France/Air Canada to Canada? Wondering if their is any way to tag bags in Delhi so that these are directly delivered in Toronto ( without checking bags again in Paris or Frankfurt)?
This does look like a good /only option right now.

Reactions: pkhare23

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
They have already become bad enough that many who are infected around the world are arriving on flights into Canada. That is why Canada is limiting flights to protect our lower levels.
Looks like IRCC are purposely delaying the COPR extension , because most of the visa offices of other major countries are back online !!! There intention is highly suspicious , July is also going to finish, I can assure you there will be law cases flying as there is no consistency in the process.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Looks like IRCC are purposely delaying the COPR extension , because most of the visa offices of other major countries are back online !!! There intention is highly suspicious , July is also going to finish, I can assure you there will be law cases flying as there is no consistency in the process.
They have internal pressure. If allowing too much travel at this time and if Canada see a spike in virus situation then this could cause uneasiness among masses in Canada where virus spread is under control. Let the things happen in their own pace. CoPR holders are assets to Canada and not the liabilities.

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
They have internal pressure. If allowing too much travel at this time and if Canada see a spike in virus situation then this could cause uneasiness among masses in Canada where virus spread is under control. Let the things happen in their own pace. CoPR holders are assets to Canada and not the liabilities.
Virus under control is a myth !! the virus cannot be controlled until there is a vaccine, second wave has already started in many European and Asian countries. The least IRCC can do is to compensate COPR holder who resigned from there jobs and now just sitting , this will at least build some trust .

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Yeah but they must treat us as liability as they have approved us that's why we have quit the jobs and were ready to go.Initially during their travel ban they did not consider copr holders.Ppl like me got locked out just 3 days before the flight. Then after a week or so when they considered us India had put the ban.I still remember my travel agent called me on 23rd March saying that tonight last flight for Canada is flying if you can catch it.But till then too copr holders were not exempted.It was highly infortunate for us.
If they will keep the doors closed like this what we will do.Atleast copr expired in March and April must be given extension to start with.Anyways due to limitation of skies only few will be able to reach.Its like we are most unlucky as we are not able to take the benefits of even VBM flights or whatever govt starts.Just praying to reach by October max.

Reactions: divyasajjan

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Virus under control is a myth !! the virus cannot be controlled until there is a vaccine, second wave has already started in many European and Asian countries. The least IRCC can do is to compensate COPR holder who resigned from there jobs and now just sitting , this will at least build some trust .
Exactly .

Snuzhat

Sep 4, 2019
hi guys
Can we raise ready to travel webform as i came to knw that flights will start frm 6th august or based on this repatriation flights?

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
hi guys
Can we raise ready to travel webform as i came to knw that flights will start frm 6th august or based on this repatriation flights?
How did you find out this? pls share links

Reactions: SithLord