+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thanks.

This what I knew. I thought VB changed their guidelines.
Do you have any info about ROCA? I think that is only for Canadian citizens and 3-4 countries that are exempted.
ROCA is only meant for Canadian and PR holder stuck outside of Canada. Based on number of registrations these flights are arranged. It would be good if they open up same kinda registration for CoPR holders.

Reactions: crackMBA

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
@whyCorona Reading your posts and the exchange with @pkhare23 has me convinced that closing and re-opening case is some sort of an infinite CoPR extension hack! (Well, not really infinite, but 6 months to a year?)

Is that the consensus view?

I sit here stuck in US with an expired H1b as well. Lawyer is advising against relying on AVR.

Can't hard-land in one go, need to bring my two elderly cats to Canada one by one. Ideally I want to wait until the end of year to see if Trump renews the EO or whether embassies start stamping visas again.
AVR is being used by many for entering into US after landing in Canada. Call the border you will use to enter US to check about AVR.

Reactions: Uncle_Iroh

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
It requires two test reports with one week gap to really know if a person is CoVID19 negative or not. This does not seem to be effective approach other than spending money for getting CoVID19 tests done.
Correct.
Does not make sense at all. What if someone gets infected just one day before or while travelling to airport and is asymptomatic.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
It requires two test reports with one week gap to really know if a person is CoVID19 negative or not. This does not seem to be effective approach other than spending money for getting CoVID19 tests done.
Well this happened because few passengers travelled through DXB airport and were later tested positive .... But yeah it's open season for spending money to travel according to Airlines atleast.... :rolleyes:

Kjeet

Sep 1, 2018
Will there be Vande Bharat Mission Phase 5 anytime in July? Any guess? Doha flights are very time consuming especially difficult with kids

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Will there be Vande Bharat Mission Phase 5 anytime in July? Any guess? Doha flights are very time consuming especially difficult with kids
Till now mum's the word but @SithLord said he came across the news that they will start after 15th July maybe on Monday or Tuesday we might hear something ...