+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Maybe one should call and ask... because the third point says all other nationals transiting? Maybe copr would be considered?
That's the confusion I'm facing. 3rd and 4th point are in direct contradiction of each other. I will call them tomorrow and also write an email asking clarification.

Last edited:
Reactions: SithLord

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
to those interested

That's the confusion I'm facing. 3rd and 4th point are in direct contradiction of each other. I will call them tomorrow and also write an email asking clarification.
That is right...we would need to clarify that...and what about transit visa through Germany? Do we need to apply for that too on a short notice

Last edited:

teekay0901

Jul 6, 2020
Hey guys, this is my current status. My CoPR expired 30 -June -20. Since I couldn't travel before then from the US , I wrote to them using webform on 3-May and explained why I won't be able to make it. Asked them for an extension. Got a response in 10 days saying they won't reject my application if I am not able to travel and that whenever I am able to , to use the webform again and let them know. I am now sure that I will be able to fly to Toronto on 2-Aug so I used the webform today and let them know . Have asked them what the process is now, especially since my CoPR had expired. Is anyone else in the same boat? If so, what response did you get? Thanks!

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
Hey guys, this is my current status. My CoPR expired 30 -June -20. Since I couldn't travel before then from the US , I wrote to them using webform on 3-May and explained why I won't be able to make it. Asked them for an extension. Got a response in 10 days saying they won't reject my application if I am not able to travel and that whenever I am able to , to use the webform again and let them know. I am now sure that I will be able to fly to Toronto on 2-Aug so I used the webform today and let them know . Have asked them what the process is now, especially since my CoPR had expired. Is anyone else in the same boat? If so, what response did you get? Thanks!
How are you sure about 2nd Aug..did you get confirmed tickets from an airline? Also what was your copr issue date ..

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
to those interested

I think they just got the sequencing wrong in the points while printing, point 4 should have been at number 3 and point for 3 should be at number 4, then it would have been more clearer. My understanding from above is that they have given specific instructions for German &European Citizens/Residents and Indians, apart from these 3rd point is for all other nationals.

teekay0901

Jul 6, 2020
How are you sure about 2nd Aug..did you get confirmed tickets from an airline? Also what was your copr issue date ..
CoPR was issued 2-Mar. I have been working actively on wrapping up my stuff here in the US since June so I am planning to have everything done end of July and leave. I will be flying from Chicago to Toronto, as of now there are tickets available and from everything I have seen, that travel is still allowed and possible. So doesn't look like I will have issues booking that ticket.

Reactions: bun_b

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
CoPR was issued 2-Mar. I have been working actively on wrapping up my stuff here in the US since June so I am planning to have everything done end of July and leave. I will be flying from Chicago to Toronto, as of now there are tickets available and from everything I have seen, that travel is still allowed and possible. So doesn't look like I will have issues booking that ticket.
Checkout the response received for an US applicant in this thread for his "ready to travel" webform. IRCC is asking for documents for convincing them that you gonna stay in Canada and are not travelling only for paper work/landing formalities for confirmation of your PR status. Since your intentions are for staying in Canada then you should be able to provide documents like employment offer letter (if any)or plans for employment, rental agreement for your stay in Canada, POF, planned flight details and quarantine plans. Please go ahead for your "ready to travel" webform. Best of luck.

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hello. Is my OUTLAND understanding correct, that after for you've used your COPR to send your passport to a visa center, and received it back with a counterfoil - there is no expiration as to when to land?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello. Is my OUTLAND understanding correct, that after for you've used your COPR to send your passport to a visa center, and received it back with a counterfoil - there is no expiration as to when to land?
WRONG. Outland means a person who files for PR from outside Canada and there is expiration to the Counterfoil (CoPR) issued.

Reactions: kabzik

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hi,

My COPR expires by mid of Nov '2020 and hope to book ticket once AI operates more flights to Toronto. Even now I have an option to travel via US through VB flights in July but since I have already booked a ticket in March to Toronto, cannot change the route now. Hence, I thought to wait until this month end and proceed any option that would be available at that point.

My COPR was approved in Nov '2019 (after re-medical) and I got an year validity but by the time I was about to fly (26th March), India announced lockdown.

Any advise please?

Thanks

Thanks
In my opinion, you have enough time until November to keep your current plans.

If you can’t travel within, say, the next 60 days, I would travel through the US or any other route. Surely you can get a voucher for your flight to Toronto in case it is cancelled, can’t you?

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
WRONG. Outland means a person who files for PR from outside Canada and there is expiration to the Counterfoil (CoPR) issued.
what if the principal applicant is inland, they can get their PR card, but their dependent spouse is outside - same counterfoil expiration date in effect?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with the second paragraph and can’t stress it enough.

I have a story to share. I don’t want to spread panic in this thread, but you should hear this. Back in March, after the ban was announced, I got a reply from my VO saying that my COPR wouldn’t be extended because I had had “more than enough time to land“. Of course, it might have been a mistake on their part due to the nature of the events that were rapidly unfolding at the time, but once I got this email I was in utter shock. How come, IRCC being so unfair! I stayed up all night, luckily managed to book my 4th ticket to Canada (all the others had been cancelled or were scheduled for after the ban was coming into effect), urgently skipped work - and landed in Canada about 36hrs later.

My point is, if you can land now - do travel. If you can’t, then in the best case scenario IRCC will re-issue your CoPR. However, I wouldn’t take all this for granted... be wiser than this. Again, this was only my experience, but you never know what IRCC might do in any particular case.

All depends on your personal situation and priorities, but my No.1 priority at that time was my immigration. I wasn’t worried about money or my job, but that I might lose a unique opportunity to make Canada my new home .

P.S. After the email above I submitted two more webforms to IRCC. The replies now said I should get in touch again “when the situation stabilizes”. Nothing promising me a new CoPR, but not a blank rejection either.

Hope everyone in this thread reaches Canada sooner or later. Keep monitoring those flights, and, I repeat, don’t take anything for granted.
Your story and advice are useless. Keep the drama to yourself, no need to share.
Everyone will get extension, guaranteed.

Reactions: BS85 and PavD

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
You are being rude - and overconfident.

Let’s hope you are right in regards to extensions.
Actually situation in March was a lot different from now. From the survey email IRCC seems flexible enough to give extensions till 2021 if situation demands. Someone needs to fill the immigration gap when situation goes back to somewhat normal.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate